* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 am]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 am]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 am]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 am]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 am]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 pm]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 pm]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 pm]

Author Topic: The Fearrow in the Fissure/Chain  (Read 4642 times)

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
  • I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants.
    • View Profile
The Fearrow in the Fissure/Chain
« on: July 08, 2010, 02:10:31 am »
Graaaaah…. This is mine second attempt at making a quest. Last one didn’t get enough publicity for me to tell if it was good or bad, but apparently that guy with the “You’re Adopted!” Picture liked it. This time I also actually READ the guidelines, so no legendaries are in this one!

Reccomended level: 30+
Enviroment: Forest. (Wait, Unbreakable... I DID say if it was in the woods! Read the first sentence!)
Reward: 1x Ultra Ball, 300poke (...We're still using 'poke' as the currency in PU, right?)
NPCs: Robert, Fearrow

Anyway, the trigger for the quest to begin is in the middle of a forest. As you’re walking through, you come to a giant fissure with something sparkling at the bottom. Pressing the  action button here will bring up a box that says “You see something glowing at the bottom, but can’t quite make it out. Lean forward for a better look (Quest Initiative)? [Yes] [No]

So you select ‘Yes’, and as you look down into the fissure, a Pikachu jumps on your head to get across, and you fall in shortly afterwards. At the bottom of the hole, you find out that the shiny object was a fork. Disappointing, yes, but that’s okay, because now you’re trapped at the bottom of a giant hole! So you look around for a bit, when a giant Onix bores through the wall and almost crashes into you, when someone pulls you out of the way.

After scolding you for being stupid for falling in, he introduces himself as Robert. He says that he’s been looking for his Fearrow since an Ursurang tackled it into the fissure about a day ago. Obviously, this triggers your interest, because a Fearrow could get you out of there. So, you look around for a while with Robert, during which time any random encounters will be a double battle, and eventually you find his Fearrow. As you approach it, the ground rumbles, and a Steelix bursts out of the wall and knocks Robert into the wall, keeping him from helping you fight it. So you fight off the Steelix, and you get his Fearrow back, which, to your dismay, is too injured to fly.

Robert puts his Fearrow snugly in its pokeball, and you help him back to where you fell in. He says that he came prepared, and fires a flare gun into the sky. Moments later, a ladder gets thrown to you and you climb up. At the top, several people all dressed in assortments of red are surrounding the hole. Robert introduces them as his clan, and tells you that they were combing the forest for the egg  nest of a rare pokemon. He also says that you are welcome to join them at any time, though their search hasn’t been going very well. Afterwards, you gain access to the clan’s camp, which has a fairly long chain of tedious quests, at the end of which, you are granted an egg that will later hatch into a rare pokemon. Which pokemon exactly I’m not sure. Perhaps one of the starter pokemon?
http://rubbishcarrot.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2thys1
Deviantart wouldn't let me post this on the forum, so here's the link. Someone please help me figure out two things:
1) How does I post picture with new deviantart?
2) Is it healthy to have drawing skills this bad?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 04:51:25 am by Frenchfry545 »

Offline laliel

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: The Fearrow in the Fissure/Chain
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 02:23:40 am »
nice quest  :)

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 02:29:48 am »
nice quest  :)
I appreciate the compliment, but it doesn't help much if you don't point out any flaws/things that could be improved in the quest.

Offline LeoReborn

• Good Trainer
  • Through the pain, I've been reborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010, 02:39:13 am »
I liked that you went Through A lot to explain the details.

However, You didnt exactly tell us where it was, If its in the woods, Which town are you heading for? Also, the quest chain, there should be at least a small reward each, Money, items, etc.

Describing whats in the camp, Buildings, people, etc. you need to do more of that.

Beyond that, well done.
By loving so many, I have touched their lives and helped them rebirth as well. To be strong is to instill strength in another.

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 03:46:36 am »
I liked that you went Through A lot to explain the details.

However, You didnt exactly tell us where it was, If its in the woods, Which town are you heading for? Also, the quest chain, there should be at least a small reward each, Money, items, etc.

Describing whats in the camp, Buildings, people, etc. you need to do more of that.

Beyond that, well done.
Well, I can't say what town we're headed for, or 'where it was', aside from the enviroment. I have no idea what the PU map is going to look like. As for everything else, I'm gonna go add that right now. Thanks.

Offline LeoReborn

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2010, 04:06:36 am »
Describing whats in the camp, Buildings, people, etc. Still not seeing the camp in detail

By loving so many, I have touched their lives and helped them rebirth as well. To be strong is to instill strength in another.

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2010, 04:15:22 am »
Unbreakable, I am going to post a picture I hand-drew to show the basic layout of the camp. When you see this picture, you are going to understand why I write words instead of draw pictures. I am doing this because describing what a town looks like is boring and confusing to write and to read.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2010, 12:49:52 pm »
Um... this Pikachu does seem to come out from nowhere randomly... or is it waiting for someone to look into that fissure to throw people in :D.

If I understood, well, the Onix belongs to Robert? And is out of its pokeball, and Robert is unable to order it to attack the Steelix?
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline LeoReborn

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2010, 02:51:16 pm »
Graaaaah…. This is mine second attempt at making a quest. Last one didn’t get enough publicity for me to tell if it was good or bad, but apparently that guy with the “You’re Adopted!” Picture liked it. This time I also actually READ the guidelines, so no legendaries are in this one!

Reccomended level: 30+
Enviroment: Forest. (Wait, Unbreakable... I DID say if it was in the woods! Read the first sentence!)
Reward: 1x Ultra Ball, 300poke (...We're still using 'poke' as the currency in PU, right?)
NPCs: Robert, Fearrow

Anyway, the trigger for the quest to begin is in the middle of a forest. As you’re walking through, you come to a giant fissure with something sparkling at the bottom. Pressing the  action button here will bring up a box that says “You see something glowing at the bottom, but can’t quite make it out. Lean forward for a better look (Quest Initiative)? [Yes] [No]

So you select ‘Yes’, and as you look down into the fissure, a Pikachu jumps on your head to get across, and you fall in shortly afterwards. At the bottom of the hole, you find out that the shiny object was a fork. Disappointing, yes, but that’s okay, because now you’re trapped at the bottom of a giant hole! So you look around for a bit, when a giant Onix bores through the wall and almost crashes into you, when someone pulls you out of the way.

After scolding you for being stupid for falling in, he introduces himself as Robert. He says that he’s been looking for his Fearrow since an Ursurang tackled it into the fissure about a day ago. Obviously, this triggers your interest, because a Fearrow could get you out of there. So, you look around for a while with Robert, during which time any random encounters will be a double battle, and eventually you find his Fearrow. As you approach it, the ground rumbles, and a Steelix bursts out of the wall and knocks Robert into the wall, keeping him from helping you fight it. So you fight off the Steelix, and you get his Fearrow back, which, to your dismay, is too injured to fly.

Robert puts his Fearrow snugly in its pokeball, and you help him back to where you fell in. He says that he came prepared, and fires a flare gun into the sky. Moments later, a ladder gets thrown to you and you climb up. At the top, several people all dressed in assortments of red are surrounding the hole. Robert introduces them as his clan, and tells you that they were combing the forest for the egg  nest of a rare pokemon. He also says that you are welcome to join them at any time, though their search hasn’t been going very well. Afterwards, you gain access to the clan’s camp, which has a fairly long chain of tedious quests, at the end of which, you are granted an egg that will later hatch into a rare pokemon. Which pokemon exactly I’m not sure. Perhaps one of the starter pokemon?
http://rubbishcarrot.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2thys1
Deviantart wouldn't let me post this on the forum, so here's the link. Someone please help me figure out two things:
1) How does I post picture with new deviantart?
2) Is it healthy to have drawing skills this bad?

I dont know about 1), but
2) You are Doing fine, My drawing skills are terrible, Chickenscratch terrible.

Also, I had trouble viewing the image, It loaded Great, But if it were bigger I might be able to give better feedback. Try resizing it.

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2010, 07:26:23 pm »
Have you even been on deviantart? You click on it to see the full size.