* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Hello I am Hyakko! ^.^  (Read 6045 times)

Offline Hyakko

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Hello I am Hyakko! ^.^
« on: January 12, 2010, 04:27:05 AM »
Hi I am new here and I hope things are going to get interesting since i have always wondered what a pokemon mmo would inspire. and I hope that i get to beta test it or even alpha test it. I am a seasoned beta tester of many many mmos, I have tried so many mmos that i cant remember all of them. But they were fun most of them, some were frustrating, and some just had major coding issues.

I hope to create My own mmo someday but before that I will have to lay all the ground work for it first. Pokemon is a good series but sadly just a few things just dont make sense to me. Not that it detracts me from playing the games. But why do they have to sound like dorks by just spouting their names? Sure i personally think some should be able to speak but for others why not used animal sounds for them.

I had love pokemon blue and red since I myself have owned these two in the past, It was fun very fun to play. I regrettably played the yellow version that was inspired by the anime and was very disappointed by it. I used to think pokemon was awesome until i saw the animated tv series, I know some people value stupid in funny. But that was stupid and not funny. Why did they have to make everything so stupid? I will probably never find out...

Silver gold crystal werent disappointing since they were much bigger than just the red/blue series, but they were far too much in the catch em all craze. New pokemons yes but now they put the time of day and night into play, Good idead but the fact that it was real time was very bad. Some times i had found myself doing allnighters just for one pokemon. Not a good ploy in my books.

When i Hit the ruby saphire series and emerald, it went hard on me since now it was far more challenging  and i had to train seriously in order to beat the game. It was pretty good. I liked it enough to RP in that setting region. very fun and very demanding, when I hit diamond pearl EV training was still new to me and Personally i think it was a bad idea. Made me feel that if I didn't EV train my pokemons wouldn't survive. I would preffer that the EV training be reworked as to not penalize a player who wants a decent pokemon like i don't want to break my head doing a precise amount of fights of this type for this EV value or to have to carefully breed my pokemon with perfect IV values. That takes the fun out of the game So what i did in Platinum I i juiced my pokemon with item that pumped permanently My EV and leave it to that and just enjoy my game.

If a game stops being fun its not a game anymore...

Offline Nando

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Hello I am Hyakko! ^.^
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 04:36:05 AM »
Welcome, Hyakko. That is one hell of an intro there, buddy.

I look forward to testing the game with you when it is released. 

Offline boyben10

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Normal Trainer
  • I m be gud artist now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 06:50:45 AM »
Greetings from PU, Hyakko.
I like slowpoke.

Offline Mr_Dark

• PU God
  • Administrator
  • Senior Trainer
  • QQ
    • View Profile
    • Dark Productions
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 01:01:04 PM »
Welcome at PU, and I have to say.. THIS is a "Hi, I'm new post"! People should learn from it :P

You say you want to develop your own MMO someday, I'm interested what your role would be in the team? Programmer, Designer, Spriter?
IRC: #pokemon-universe @ Rizon.net

!!PRIVATE MESSAGES WITHOUT A SUBJECT WILL NOT BE READ!!

Quote from: Frenchfry545
That settles it. I'm starting a new religion. It's called "Misterdarkism".

Offline Hyakko

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2010, 11:05:32 PM »
 Well I am going to script the whole thing from A to Z get a music DJ program for a cell phone to mix some music for the game, I am going to make a whole new genre of MMO, World multiplayer online. Not just making a game, designing a world for everyone to enjoy. I do have a concept idea but i would need help from alot of people, This is going to be big, complicated but rewarding if all goes well...

But I am a seasoned Betatester for online mmos, for quite a few years now for companies like aeria games, Gpotatoe, and others i have beta tested so many games i forgot most of the games in question but almost a hundred in number.

I can point out whats wrong in a game very quickly and figure better ways to make it fun. like instead of the EV training being dependant on what pokemon to fight for x number of times. Why not have special centers for training pokemon, with and EV status chart to keep track your EV points, to a EV trainer, pay a fee( shouldn't be cheap), and watch your pokemon play a mini game to increase his stats for the next level. how good you can get depends on pokemon you are training and your skill at training. and we can use the chart to determin the max stat bonus per level to add on that next level... this was just an idea though.

My current skills involve making sprites do things, I had made a sprite only battlefield for NPC with RPG maker 2001.
It wasn't easy, really not easy. I know next to nothing in programming but i was often doing hit or miss in my animation. But doing multiple choice events are actually fun where depending on your choices you could get a barrel of laughs or some nice interaction. I thing I should make a date sim just for making people laugh!

Offline Dracoules

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2010, 02:30:52 AM »
If a game stops being fun its not a game anymore...
How insightful. ;]
Yeah, I know right?

Offline Flannery

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Beginning Trainer
  • Uh... Hi? :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2010, 08:42:40 AM »
Ugh. Sorry ._. No offense but my brain refuses to read all of the paragraphs. Dx I'm just not too ssmart .________. But anyways..

Welcome to PU! And I hope you'll enjoy the game as much as I do once it releases! =]

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2010, 09:26:24 AM »
Hi Hyakko! Welcome to PU! :)

Yup, it is somewhat strange... that most pokemon 'spout their names' like that... perhaps there will someday be some kind of translator for that?

Anyway, I hope you'll enjoy the game as well as many of us!
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Hyakko

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2010, 07:05:06 PM »
I hope i actually get to play the game in question...

Offline Carbon

• The one who lurks.
  • Banned
  • Beginning Trainer
  • Ohai thar.
    • View Profile
    • Carbon on Twitter.
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2010, 09:43:44 PM »
Holy hell. That is one amazing intro. Welcome to the site.

Offline Hyakko

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2010, 02:02:03 PM »
I need to get my hands right now onRPG maker XP but my 2 favorite sites are no good anymore... T.T

Offline Kamaran

• Lead Mapper
  • PU Team
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
"Don't touch the poster at the Game Corner! There's no secret switch behind it!"

Offline Hyakko

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2010, 11:11:09 AM »
now its seperating the objects from ground tiles...

But thanks im going to try that link out. Then I am going to take my time making a nice town map for Dark!

Offline Eslin

• Beginning Trainer
  • Ware wa meshia nari!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2010, 02:45:58 AM »
Welcome to PU and I adgree EV training should be remade so you gain points which can be distributed by you to a stat to a limit of 252 like the real games.  A total of 510 EV's maed when all stats are counted.

Offline Hyakko

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2010, 05:38:30 AM »
Yeah but that would be nice kinda like pick your stat boost, after doing enough work for them.

Yeah and while I am at it. We could rework it into a pool of points, then its allocate to your heart's content. Minigames with certain pokemon will give you more training points for EV. While others could help in making better IVs up to a certain point. Then breeding whould be a cinch, boost the parents then their child, and so on until you create the super pokemon. We should also ahave an IV status menu as well...