* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Hi  (Read 1927 times)

Offline Chad29

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
Hi
« on: July 31, 2010, 01:45:24 AM »
Hi everybody. Call me Chad. I came looking for a Pokemon MMO, and I found this. Let's see if it goes anywhere.

So a little bit about me. The first pokemon game I played was Yellow, and if I recall correctly I had at least one of every pokemon you can catch in Yellow including a Mew. Yes one of those Mew glitches actually worked. I didn't have Red or Blue, and for whatever reason I didn't trade with my younger cousin. Probably because of lack of opportunities.

I got into pokemon because of my younger cousin, and found it to be an interesting and surprisingly complex game. It wasn't as simple as I thought it would be. Each starter had different advantages, and there were all kinds of other pokemon I could get.

After that I played both Stadium games, Crystal, got r/s/e at the same time and two GB Advanced to trade with, Colluseum  and X D, and lastly Diamond and Pearl. Seeing how expensive these games are, it's a big investment.

One of my prized pokemon is a Parasect that's bred for false swipe, spore, stun spore, and X Scissor. It is my pokemon catcher and can snag me just about anything.I also have a chansey with softboiled and heal bell that I'm using as a cleric. I have other pokemon I use as utility pokemon, or HM slaves as some call them.

If I was a monotype trainer, I would be a Water type trainer. Only three types resist it, nothing is immune except with certain abilities, and there's a part water type for almost every type out there. I do like other pokemon types, though.

Pokemon is a good RPG with an overwhelming array of different pokemon. I don't know what they're going to do next, but they consistently improve the series with each generation. I have thought of things like the addition of an Alien type which usually gets shot down, and attacks that are dual types such as an attack that's both water and ice or dragon and fire. I have also wanted to see an actual Fire/Dragon type for the sake of fire types not being universally weak against water.

Dang, I said I'd give a little bit about me but I could just type all day. I'll stop now.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
Re: Hi
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2010, 10:23:32 AM »
Welcome to PU Chad! :)

Nice introduction from you. If more people were like you... ::)
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Mr Pokemon

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • I'm not dead.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2010, 12:28:55 PM »
Welcome to PU, Chad29!

Offline Chad29

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2010, 03:09:06 PM »
Yeah I read the notice saying don't ask that. It's not out yet, and the release date isn't set in stone. I understand.

Edit: Oh, that's your signature. You just typed welcome, and I read your signature as part of your post. :P
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 06:20:47 PM by Chad29 »

Offline Mr Pokemon

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • I'm not dead.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2010, 12:14:42 AM »
It's okay. I want everyone to know  :)

A lot of people do join IRC and ask "Where can I download?"

For example:
Noob: Can I play?
Spirit: No
Noob: I clicked download
Spirit: What did it say?
Noob: It said the game wasn't completed
Spirit: There you go
Noob: How I download?

I just used spirit's name because something like this did happen with spirit. If he doesn't like it, I will change the name..