* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Things about the Pokemon Games you hated  (Read 96086 times)

Offline DayStar

• Beginning Trainer
  • Live Life To The Full!
    • View Profile
Re: Things about the Pokemon Games you hated
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2010, 02:14:39 PM »
EVENT POKEMON RAGGARBLARGGYCHOOKAMUNG!!!!!!!

I hate the fact that for to catch them all you had to infact go to some fete in japan (I wouldn't dare to do this by the way) to get some legendary pokemon - what a dissapointment!
+1 Post
----------
Knowledge is knowing a Tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad!
Everybody do the Kirby dance!!!
<( "<) <( " )> (>" )>

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2010, 05:47:48 PM »
There is much to be said as for what i hated.

1. In all of the pokemon games, the fire type is always hard mode, the water type is normal mode and the plant type is easy mode. Why  the hell is charizard not a fire/dragon? Why is gyarados not a water/dragon? These two are dragons gyarados is the only one between the two THAT knows dragon moves, why can't he be a dragon type? I'll never know...

Charizard and Gyarados are Fire/Flying and Water/Flying type respectively. Also, you can make Charizard learn some dragon moves via the move relearner.
2. Why in all stories its always some EVIL team that forces US to get the legendaries?
In RBY, the team rocket was only stealing pokemon and trying to control Silph Co.
In GSC, team rocket was trying to control the Radio Tower
It's only in RSE and DPPt that they tried to control legendaries, to shape the world like they wanted it to be.

5.Ok in diamond/pearl/platinum they actually pegged down the gottacatch em all craze, but seriously why start with the IVs and EVs trap. It took most of the fun away from making a powerhouse by forcing IV breeding and EV training to get the absolute best from your pokemon. honnestly, I think they should have had that reworked so that its not the sheer amount of fights emons you fight but rather how much you make to pay for specialized training for EV values. You should have a visible EV status menu to keep track of the values you gain so you can easily prune off what you don't want.

IV and EV was here a long time ago... since the first game I think. I'm sure though it was the case for GSC.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline DayStar

• Beginning Trainer
  • Live Life To The Full!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2010, 08:48:54 PM »
When you get to the last person in the elite and have 1 pokemon left (pokemon leaf green for me) and no revives! FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
+1 Post
----------
Knowledge is knowing a Tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad!
Everybody do the Kirby dance!!!
<( "<) <( " )> (>" )>

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2010, 05:09:08 PM »
Lol! Try to have more money and so you can buy more revives! ;)

Make good use of the amulet coin, sell your nuggets, star pieces, star dusts, big pearls, pearls, etc. Sell all that you know you will never use, like perhaps some TMs, or escape ropes (I rarely use them).

Buy hyper potions and lava cookies instead of full restores and max potions.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....

Offline Kuhns

• Pixel Artist/ Part-Time Lurker
  • Normal Trainer
  • I'm (almost) back! And Sexier than ever! >:D
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2010, 05:39:30 PM »
Or just train your Pokemon better. :P Know what the Elite are going to do, and what type of Pokemon they're going to use. Makes all the difference.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2010, 05:53:44 PM »
Or just train your Pokemon better. :P Know what the Elite are going to do, and what type of Pokemon they're going to use. Makes all the difference.

Yes, that's it. The thing is, there might be some lazy ones out there  ;)
If it's the Elite 4 which has higher levelled pokemon, then I will recommend trying to battle them several times before getting the national pokedex (the League is closed right after you get your national pokedex). This way, you get higher levelled pokemon easily, get some more training on the Sevii Islands, then get on an easier Elite 4.

Offline Kuhns

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2010, 07:50:14 PM »
I also hated the fact that in Hey You Pikachu, the days were so short, and you couldn't play more then ten minutes before having to go home and watch Pikachu tear through all your tissues.

That stupid Clefairy mimic game on Pokemon Stadium. :P I mean, I would usually last longer than my brothers, but damn it was hard to keep it going and going when they did pose a challenge. Dx

Offline Darkstar64

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • They said I could be anything, so I became a snake
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2010, 03:28:12 PM »
The only thing i've ever hated about pokemon was that they never let you take a pokemon out of its pokeball unless you were battling. It took them over a DECADE!! to realize it was a simple math equation:

Pokemon+Always inside pokeball=Suckish!

Pokemon-Always inside pokeball=More appeal to younger ages!

Think about it. If nintendo had made pokemon walk around with you in previous games, this would have made large appeal to the younger kids with DS's. Seriously, every kid who lives around where I live has at LEAST a DS lite. Some have DSi's! Of pokemon had walked around before, these kids would have bought those games.

Offline Kuhns

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2010, 07:21:12 PM »
Hm, what would be the purpose of the Pokemon walking around outside of their Pokeballs?

In Diamond/Pearl, there were certain areas where certain Pokemon in your party could walk around with you.

Offline GINGER64

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2010, 09:39:56 PM »
I hated how it was too easy to find a cheat and just get to lvl 100 with all your team. Also how once you beat it there isn't much to do

Offline Kuhns

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2010, 09:53:31 PM »
ROFLMAO. Excuse me?

I hated how it was too easy to find a cheat and just get to lvl 100 with all your team. Also how once you beat it there isn't much to do

What Pokemon games are you playing? If you're talking about that old Rare Candy cheat from way back in Red/Blue then yeah, maybe, but just the thought of complaining about this kills me. xD Do you want the cheats to be hard to find?

The only part of your post that I can understand is the second half. Yes, the game does end kinda abruptly, and yes, that is kinda irradiating.

Offline DarK_SouL

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2010, 10:14:15 PM »
i always thought it was annoying and weird how you shrink to a centimeter tall!!!
oh and like darkmage said i wish you could (like in ss and hg) bring  your pokemon out of pokeballs
Friend DarkerSou1 on Xbox Live, tell me who you is tho.

Offline Darkstar64

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • They said I could be anything, so I became a snake
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2010, 01:52:19 AM »
Hm, what would be the purpose of the Pokemon walking around outside of their Pokeballs?

In Diamond/Pearl, there were certain areas where certain Pokemon in your party could walk around with you.

There were CERTAIN places where you could have CERTAIN pokemon out of their pokeballs, but that was too selective. It's nice to have any pokemon you want out of it's pokeball.

Offline Kuhns

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2010, 02:05:58 AM »
There were CERTAIN places where you could have CERTAIN pokemon out of their pokeballs, but that was too selective. It's nice to have any pokemon you want out of it's pokeball.

Yes, I believe that's what I said. My main point was that, there isn't really a purpose into having your Pokemon out of its ball. :\

But anyways, this is a complaining thread so I guess anything goes. :P

Offline Killer2k9

• Beginning Trainer
  • Release LilWayne ;)
    • View Profile
    • www.goallineblitz.com
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2010, 05:27:24 PM »
I don't understand why pokemon that comes out of an egg starts out at level 1? When you start out your journey as a pokemon trainer at level 5.  :-\