* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: A couple of ideas.  (Read 4645 times)

Offline Chad29

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
A couple of ideas.
« on: August 11, 2010, 08:51:07 PM »
I was wondering if you would consider having a certain spot where new quests can be obtained, instead of going to certain people for all quests. As in, you could go around talking to people to collect quests, or you could just check the board in every town to see what new quests there are.

Much like the do in the Mystery Dungeon games.

Also try to make it where there is a larger number of quests for higher levels than at lower levels. We don't really need a bunch of quests in the early levels where the reward is exp points, because leveling up is fast. However when you get high up you will be wanting quests to give a bunch of exp points to reduce the grinding.

Early in the game most rewards can be pokedollars (or whatever the currency is) and possibly items. Later in the game when collecting money is easier most quests rewards can be exp.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
Re: A couple of ideas.
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 09:18:01 PM »
The team is trying to make as many quests as possible, and the higher the trainer level, the more quests can be interesting. So, I think that they will find a way to make it even, enough quests for starters, enough quests for veterans, etc.

Up to now, all the quests I saw required the player to find and 'activate' the quest. I guess it'll be as such. Having a board will be more of a lazy trainer's work :P .

As for the rewards, they'll be various. Quests requiring battling will obviously include EXP, some which is more like 'save me/my pokemon' will include cash rewards, etc. It'll be for you to discover :)
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Raikt

• Balancer of stuff
  • Good Trainer
  • I punch Creepers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 09:38:38 PM »
An idea we could test would be; having a "bounty" like board in every 'major' city. You could interact with this board and acquire quests from it. However, they wouldn't be normal quests. Things such as: rescuing lost Pokemon, defeating evil trainers, etc. Or, once the game is up and flourishing, it could even host player made quests.

Like Alais's signature says, though. It's all speculation until we all agree it's happening. Still, keep an eye out.
Weekly awesomsauce: www.collegehumor.com/video/6359051/wow-jason-statham-really-wants-wow
Daily awesomesauce: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn4uonU_uj0
I have a proud tradition of failure to uphold.
Updated awesomesauce!**

Offline Declan_23

• Quest/NPC Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 10:14:56 PM »
I'll have a chat with Spirit about it.
But like Raikt said, I can't see normal quests being given out like this (As location is normally key to the story)
But I can see a feature such as a notice board in a pokecentre with notes like 'Need Pidgey, will pay'

Offline UnationConsideration

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 10:18:46 PM »
But like Raikt said, I can't see normal quests being given out like this (As location is normally key to the story)
But I can see a feature such as a notice board in a pokecentre with notes like 'Need Pidgey, will pay'
But you would have to waste Money on Poke'Balls.-Wait in the begining of the mission they could give you a pokeball *facepalm
Feed My pokemon please I dont want it to die of hunger!
Wont you please feed that cute face?

Offline Declan_23

• Quest/NPC Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 10:33:53 PM »
But you would have to waste Money on Poke'Balls.-Wait in the begining of the mission they could give you a pokeball *facepalm
No, it's called an investment.

Offline Chad29

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2010, 10:36:48 PM »
Yes a notice board is lazy, for people like me. ;)

The board idea isn't really a big deal, though, as long as quest givers show up on the map or something. Like Asda Story will have yellow exclamation marks on the map showing people that have quests. This is the same with DDO. I figure that's common, though I've only played three MMORPGs. The other if Flyff, and it has a woman give out all quests in addition to individual NCPs.

The one about later quests giving lots of exp is something I'd really love to see, and we'll see if it works out like that.

I don't know if you'll ever extend the level beyond 100, but if you do, make sure to add new quests along with the levels. That's a major downer in asda story where the max level has eventually been raised to 70ish, but there aren't any new quests past level 40. If you don't extend the level past 100, though, then there's no reason to worry about that.

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2010, 10:38:16 PM »
.....Pshhh fool what Brotha is gonna invest in that.
No, it's called an investment.

Offline Declan_23

• Quest/NPC Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2010, 10:40:42 PM »
Edit fail.
But basically, most quests will require you to invest something (Time, money, effort,fairy dust)
So get used to the idea :P

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2010, 10:43:01 PM »
Time, money, effort,fairy dust)
Srsly FAIRY dust.... ::) XD

Offline spirit

• pikaNYA~
  • Administrator
  • Normal Trainer
  • nyannyannyannyannyan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2010, 11:09:04 PM »
Simply put, there will be no one location to obtain quests. There are a few ways that I will consider as a compromise though. The first one is having a notice board (as discussed above), with a few quests on it, or doing the basic same thing with an NPC that will be able to assign you multiple quests. The second (and I will need to talk with some people about this), is having an NPC or something, much later in the game, that will notify you about quests you may have missed. The second idea, I am not too sure about, but there definitely will be places where a quest giver will be capable of assigning you multiple tasks.

As for the reward thing, I have never really been good with that. I figure, I can come up with some of the rewards myself, but will also have to ask someone else to help, in order to keep it balanced. But I will say this, you don't need to worry about having more quests at the beginning of the game, then at the end. The way the story is being developed, no quests will be required, and many quests that you choose to take, will branch off into a tree of other quests, which will then create their own branches.....this is going to be a lot of work, but will ensure that there will be plenty of quests for you to level with. However, on the chance that you do manage to complete all the quests, and still wish to level, you can always go battling trainers, and gym leaders, and whatever else we may be considering, but aren't talking about yet.