* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 am]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 am]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 am]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 am]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 am]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 pm]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 pm]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 pm]

Author Topic: Dark Pokemon  (Read 22524 times)

Offline LeoReborn

• Good Trainer
  • Through the pain, I've been reborn.
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Pokemon
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2010, 03:46:15 pm »
I don't really care for having an alternate to shiny pokemon, but since we already have a Dark type, they'd need to be called something other than Dark. Like corrupt or something.

Shadow Species..

We were talking about adding a dark pokemon, shinies will already be in the game.

I know. I was only mentioning a Term for said Dark Pokemon. We Dont want them being mistaken for Dark-Types.
By loving so many, I have touched their lives and helped them rebirth as well. To be strong is to instill strength in another.

Offline Eulogy

• Beginning Trainer
  • Name is Taylor!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2010, 03:04:15 am »
That wasn't directed to you it was directed to Chad29 lol
Love the person, hate the sin.

Offline Noctoli

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2010, 06:32:47 am »
i like the idea but i d have to say no if i was on the pu team just because it would take longer to organize the random percential and would cause the game to come out later than sooner.
Darkrai is the Master Sandman no one can stay wake when he puts you asleep.

Offline LeoReborn

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2010, 01:31:24 pm »
Actually, There is NO Random Percentage.
It would be the same rarity as Shinies

finding a Shiny has a 1/8192 (I think, Im doing this from memory)
By loving so many, I have touched their lives and helped them rebirth as well. To be strong is to instill strength in another.

Offline Domo

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2010, 04:20:06 pm »

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2010, 07:08:08 pm »
Fake card... and even then, we are talking about the dark pokemon in the handheld games, not in TGC.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline DarK_SouL

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2010, 09:04:17 pm »
If you wanted to make it look real, use real moves he knows, only give them one of each of the move type (Like Outrage is not an Electric type move), use capitals and just put "Dark Rayquaza" instead of Dark/Shiny (It is really a picture of Shiny Rayquaza though), make it a realistic picture that isn't stretched, Don't give him ultimate stats (HP, retreat cost, weakness None, Resistances All), don't make the moves have ultimate power and give them realistic description, make all the small things look real (You put Illus. The Card Critic), put it on paint and erase "www.PokemonCardMaker.com" from the bottom, and last but not least I don't think Dark Pokemon are Dark Type, they are regular type and just look darker them normal.

I know it was probably intended as a joke, just saying if you ever want to make a Card look real, do that stuff.
Friend DarkerSou1 on Xbox Live, tell me who you is tho.

Offline Sora

• Normal Trainer
  • Nothing is as dear and precious as time~
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2010, 06:53:03 pm »
I think thos topic got lost...
I'm not with Dark pokemon implanted in game, maybe in qests, but it was a good suggestion.

PS: Unbreakable, you where right, chances of finding a shiny are 1 in 8,192 or 0.01% ^^
(I'm doing this from head as well, but I was frustrated about shinies so many times, I remember the number any time -.-')
My siggy just got attacked by zubat.

Offline Euronymous

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2010, 01:09:16 am »
I vote no.
The games that dark pokemon were in were terrible.
Keep to the classic game boy versions.
Shinies!

Offline xhizor8201

• Normal Trainer
  • I'm on a boat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2010, 01:38:28 am »
I think instead of dark pokemon, we would use shadow pokemon, like in XD gale of darkness or coliseum. I tried transfering shadow lugia into my emerald while it was a shadow but it didnt work :P. I was able to transfer it after i purified it though.

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2010, 09:09:53 pm »
I have seen the dark versions in the cards and a few online mmo's. They really are not that different from the old form, just with a dark aura around them. i have also seen ghost types and mech types in a few mmo's, but this one is about dark pokemon. ;D. I think its a great idea to have a large variety, it would make things more interesting, but its up to the developers.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline abodonx

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2010, 10:12:09 pm »
it's a pretty cool idea but there really isn't any point in doing it because it would be just like another shiny

PU can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

Offline DarK_SouL

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2010, 10:19:46 pm »
I think instead of dark pokemon, we would use shadow pokemon, like in XD gale of darkness or coliseum. I tried transfering shadow lugia into my emerald while it was a shadow but it didnt work :P. I was able to transfer it after i purified it though.

Holy Crap, you sound just like a guy I know named Jeff. Or was it Tanner? Anyway, it's weird one of this said the exact sentense "I tried transfering shadow lugia into my emerald while it was in shadow but it didnt work :P, i was able to tranfer it after i purified it though." ...weird.
Friend DarkerSou1 on Xbox Live, tell me who you is tho.

Offline LeoReborn

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2010, 10:54:22 pm »
it's a pretty cool idea but there really isn't any point in doing it because it would be sorta like another shiny

PU can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

I think you dont quite get it, Darks could get a slight stat boost, .... and Some people dont like Shiny OR Normal Colors, Granted that Not EVERYONE will like Dark Pokemon....

Ooh.... We could Just invert the colors.... I might do this, then post it to show you guys. =3

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2010, 11:53:04 am »
Invert colours? That's easy and makes the pokemon horrible...
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...