* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Status = Respect, Don't Abuse it.  (Read 10370 times)

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
Re: Status = Respect, Don't Abuse it.
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2010, 12:07:45 AM »
I do believe there may have been once or twice that I did act rude, and I apologize for it, however, I would appreciate being told when someone thinks I am being rude to them; if you tell me you think I am being a jerk, I will apologize and try to stop.

Normally however, it is better to take what I have said as a joke; I know that is sometimes hard to tell over the Internet, but I really don't mean any harm.

But if people post questions about asking stuff like where they can download, I can't help but be a little annoyed. There is a button that says 'download', someone wanting to download would obviously click there, and see that there is no download button, and hopefully notice the text explicitly saying that you cannot. In these instances, I tease when I write my response, I am annoyed sure, but not trying to attack the individual.

Still, if you think I have been too rude in my approach, please tell me.
You're not helping me by not telling me what I did wrong.

If it happened to me i would, believe me.
Team Attack Coverage Calculator
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline Level5Pidgey

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • Use Gust!
    • View Profile
    • Pidgey's Philosophical Game Design
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2010, 12:31:36 AM »
I always try to talk to other members as if I'm a normal member myself.
People butt heads - it happens. The main thing is, don't get wrapped up in it and make enemies - or even think too much about it.

If I've ever said "Don't blah me, I'm a mod", I'm really sorry - that should never happen.
Anyway, I locked the Ghost RP thread because it had gone from a story thread to a discussion of its legality -> not because it had a bit of headbutting in it.
It's always difficult to pull structured threads back together once they get a little off track, and I really don't have too much time to RP on it anyway as I'm going to be focusing my full attention on modding Shoddy and my balancing duties.

If there are a couple of people who'd like to keep it going, I'll unlock and split -> but I doubt that there's a massive audience for it ;P

Anyway, thanks for heads up, though Roloc, if you have seen some bad stuff, there's no use in saying "I seen it!" and then refusing to talk to Dark and Urmel about it.
If you do have a problem, or have something to report - I'm sure they're the guys to talk to, and if you don't want to snitch, I'm sure they'll be fine with talking to you via PM.
Read my Game Design Blog!

And that one, lone, distressed flying Krabby went on to become the most powerful being in the Universe.

Offline Raikt

• Balancer of stuff
  • Good Trainer
  • I punch Creepers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2010, 12:36:34 AM »
Normally however, it is better to take what I have said as a joke

If anything I write looks like an insult, it's probably sarcasm. Or good natured ribbing. It takes a lot to get under my skin.

But, if anyone on the forum doesn't like how I handle something, or something I said, they can always feel free to PM me about it. It's not like, "I'm a mod. Do what I say or else." Mods are actually people too. (Except me, I'm a cyborg ninja pirate.)
Weekly awesomsauce: www.collegehumor.com/video/6359051/wow-jason-statham-really-wants-wow
Daily awesomesauce: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn4uonU_uj0
I have a proud tradition of failure to uphold.
Updated awesomesauce!**

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2010, 02:03:39 AM »

Anyway, thanks for heads up, though Roloc, if you have seen some bad stuff, there's no use in saying "I seen it!" and then refusing to talk to Dark and Urmel about it.
If you do have a problem, or have something to report - I'm sure they're the guys to talk to, and if you don't want to snitch, I'm sure they'll be fine with talking to you via PM.
If it involved me i would have, but it didn't and i don't see it as any of my business to meddle in. If they had a problem with it, they should have told Dark or Urmel themselves. Besides it was only 2 times and by different people. It hasn't happened since and those 2 MODs are very good at their job so there is no problem imo.

(Except me, I'm a cyborg ninja pirate.)
I knew it!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 02:12:42 AM by Roloc »
Team Attack Coverage Calculator
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline Level5Pidgey

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • Use Gust!
    • View Profile
    • Pidgey's Philosophical Game Design
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2010, 02:29:23 AM »
I was just going through the Ghost Ship thread, Unbreakable - and I was certain I would be able to easily find what statements by myself and Stephen offended you, but I could not.

To prevent it from happening in the future, could you please point out these offensive comments?
I don't mind if you want to do it here, or if you would prefer to do it over PM - but yeah, a little guidance would be nice. ^_^

Thanks mate.

Also @ Roloc: Fair enough. Hope it didn't deter you at all.
Read my Game Design Blog!

And that one, lone, distressed flying Krabby went on to become the most powerful being in the Universe.

Offline LeoReborn

• Good Trainer
  • Through the pain, I've been reborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2010, 02:37:31 AM »
I think at some point, I lost my Purpose.....

If I start going crazy like that again, let know, snap me out it...
By loving so many, I have touched their lives and helped them rebirth as well. To be strong is to instill strength in another.

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
  • I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2010, 04:28:21 AM »
I think at some point, I lost my Purpose.....

If I start going crazy like that again, let know, snap me out it...
As much as I'd love to point out how corny this sounded, I gotta say, 'losing your purpose' can have really bad reprecussions. Like this drunk guy I met the other day who lost a sh*tload of MMA-earned money because he started obsessing over it.
So yeah. I'll hit you with an oar when the time comes.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2010, 08:35:02 AM »
What made me hesitant on the subject matter was that the RP seriously lacked interactivity, something which I believe RPs should have.

For example in the PokeShip, each poster would only write a piece of writing about a certain character, find a pokemon to kill someone and get killed by the pokemon of the previous poster. No character therefore interacts with another character. I'm not against the thread, but I was hesitant whether this could be called an RP. Sure, you take the role of a fictional (or maybe not) character in a specific setting, sure, you create a narrative/descriptive part of it to make it look better but I don't find the element of RP, which is to play with others having been assigned or having created a certain character to build up some story.

If it were me who moved the thread, this would be my reason behind it. It would fit so much more easily under the In-Forum Games where members post something they created which is not necessarily interactive. I find it similar to the thread "Defeat the person above you", or "Tell a Death", only that more words and thought are put into it to make it look more interesting to read.

And this is why I said that I will wait to see the opinion of another mod (it came to be Unbreakable who came online before Amphy or Chibi).

If I was wrong, please correct me, but sooner or later, I'd have moved the thread. I think I should have made a thread about it before anything was done but I never thought this would get as now.

Lastly, about this:
Quote from: Unbreakable
I have an Idea for a New RP, but I cant post it, (Due to a restriction on RP Mods) would someone like to host it?

15. You are limited to starting (hosting) one RP per month. Going over this limit will result in a warning, and a deletion of the topic. Exceptions will be granted if you PM a moderator.

:)
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline stephenkill2

• Mapper
  • Normal Trainer
  • Steve Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2010, 11:35:07 AM »
What we learned from this post: If there is any problem with a member of the team, take it up with them personally ^_^ and that the ghost ship was a bad idea! great! locked...