* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Ideas  (Read 8249 times)

Offline KaMaK

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
Ideas
« on: September 11, 2010, 04:50:10 AM »
OK, I'm 15 years old and have been playing Pokemon for 10 years. I've always thought a multiplayer Pokemon would be sick. I think that as long as you guys are making a new Pokemon, you might as well have some fun and add some new Legendaries and stuff. Maybe even a new type? Also, one thing I think would be totally awesome and would really make people want to play is if you added the ability to make rooms/houses and stuff, not on the actual map otherwise it would get crowded, but being able to enter someones place by talking to some important person in a town, or talking to the player themselves. Making a kind of Gym would be extremely fun. They could put fake trainers in their place who the players have to beat to win the 'Gym' badge. Of course the players should be able to give the trainers level 100 Mewtwos and stuff, but the trainers own pokemon. Shinies and trading should also definately be involved, I used to be a shiny hunter and it was extremely satisfying to have a shiny Lucario (until I lost it due to a long, annoying series of events....) of course I'm not as high grade a programmer as you guys, so feel free to tell me if any of my ideas are stupid or anything. (P.S. I know this might seem weird, but I've always wanted a Fire-Steel type :D)

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
Re: Ideas
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 10:38:22 AM »
No new pokemon will be added.

No new type will be added.

Houses will be implemented.

Players will never be Gym Leaders. No player can be around 24/7 to be able to take every challenge.

Shinies and trading will be implemented.

Next time, use the search bar please. :)
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 09:04:58 PM »
I have been playing pokemon since it started out and i always had some ideas i would have liked seeing in the actual game. For instance, i hated how the trade option worked, where its required you give the pokemon the other player wants. What if you can offer a different pokemon instead and see how the player likes it? Another idea is, what if you can gift a pokemon to someone who needs some help, or borrow it for a short time to a stronger player for some training? And could tag battles be a part of the gameplay, not just with a com player, but someone else around the world? the last thing i have is the fact that all games, including the online ones, will only allow a player to chooses the starters. what if the player can select any pre-evolved pokemon ( needs to exclude babies, legends, and shiny forms, which should still be random), like houndour, or murkrow, or even shinx. these are ideas i would enjoy seeing in the finished product, and would like to know if some spark any interest.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2010, 09:15:37 PM »
Use the search bar, cortexjs. You'll find all the things you are saying within some clicks.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2010, 09:31:49 PM »
ok, cool. i have a ton of ideas actually, but i think id rather see what would come up in the finished product and be surprised. Cant wait for the grand opening. ;D

Offline KaMaK

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2010, 01:20:20 AM »
Not real Gym leaders, I said that wrong, sorry, didnt re-read it. But being able to set up trainers in your house and having it recorded if you beat someone. And I'm surprised you arent adding new Pokemon/types, but its your game.

Offline KaMaK

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2010, 01:26:52 AM »
Also, this is off-topic, I just wanted to say thanks a lot for making this game, the other pokemon games were great but could have been much better, and I trust you will make the improvements.

Offline spirit

• pikaNYA~
  • Administrator
  • Normal Trainer
  • nyannyannyannyannyan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2010, 11:19:03 AM »
I'm surprised you arent adding new Pokemon/types, but its your game.

Because it is our game, we are not adding new ones.

Offline DivineX

• Beginning Trainer
  • I've done that before.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2010, 12:19:16 PM »
It's funny how people always start their sentences with "ive been playing pokeman since it started humf"
Quote from: Captain Obvious
I will live until I die.
see my cheezburger profile and my lolz here: http://cheezburger.com/w00terz/

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2010, 06:20:48 PM »
I meant when it started in the US. DivineX, you should really consider adding ideas to this page, I at least put one. If you're just going to criticize others, I think you should post somewhere where you can be as mean as you want. i don't want any trouble, and I know that you don't either. Aside from that tyrade, I have another idea: What if the trade evolution system could be easier? Why not trade to an admin if we want to evolve a trade pokemon? I'm pretty sure you guys will be playing alongside us in the games.

Offline spirit

• pikaNYA~
  • Administrator
  • Normal Trainer
  • nyannyannyannyannyan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2010, 06:24:05 PM »
Aside from that tyrade, I have another idea: What if the trade evolution system could be easier? Why not trade to an admin if we want to evolve a trade pokemon? I'm pretty sure you guys will be playing alongside us in the games.

Believe it or not, but not every team member cares much about Pokemon, but you may get lucky enough to see me in the game. That said, finding an admin in amongst all the other players will actually make trade evolutions harder....there are a lot less of us, than there are other people playing the game. On top of that, we won't all be playing on the same servers.

Offline LeoReborn

• Good Trainer
  • Through the pain, I've been reborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2010, 01:43:34 AM »
Aside from that tyrade, I have another idea: What if the trade evolution system could be easier? Why not trade to an admin if we want to evolve a trade pokemon? I'm pretty sure you guys will be playing alongside us in the games.

Believe it or not, but not every team member cares much about Pokemon, but you may get lucky enough to see me in the game. That said, finding an admin in amongst all the other players will actually make trade evolutions harder....there are a lot less of us, than there are other people playing the game. On top of that, we won't all be playing on the same servers.

Uh.... Not to mention there will be a safe Alternative.
By loving so many, I have touched their lives and helped them rebirth as well. To be strong is to instill strength in another.

Offline spirit

• pikaNYA~
  • Administrator
  • Normal Trainer
  • nyannyannyannyannyan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2010, 01:44:46 AM »

Uh.... Not to mention there will be a safe Alternative.

Come now, We aren't ALL crazy.

Offline Level5Pidgey

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • Use Gust!
    • View Profile
    • Pidgey's Philosophical Game Design
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2010, 04:31:29 AM »
I meant when it started in the US. DivineX, you should really consider adding ideas to this page, I at least put one. If you're just going to criticize others, I think you should post somewhere where you can be as mean as you want. i don't want any trouble, and I know that you don't either. Aside from that tyrade, I have another idea: What if the trade evolution system could be easier? Why not trade to an admin if we want to evolve a trade pokemon? I'm pretty sure you guys will be playing alongside us in the games.

I might be wrong, but there are going to be safe trades - which is like, you put them up for trade against the other person, but they never actually leave your character.

I am not sure if there will be a way to safely trade your Pokemon to someone else for them to give aTM/item to, etc. - but chances are it won't be needed if you can trade items.
Read my Game Design Blog!

And that one, lone, distressed flying Krabby went on to become the most powerful being in the Universe.

Offline chantinator

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2010, 04:49:34 PM »
  hi programers., i was just reading that you are open to new ideas, well here is one, reputation, what i mean by that is to have some sort of way that tracks how many trainers u have defeated and transforme it into ingame points to unlock special items or a rare encaunter with a strong npc (the famous five) so yea the more the reputation you  can build up the better the rewards  ;D