* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: some questions and stuff to talk about :)  (Read 3817 times)

Offline Demon Boy

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
some questions and stuff to talk about :)
« on: November 16, 2010, 08:56:18 AM »
hey guys sorry if im asking things that have already been asked and such but i just kinda wanted to ask everything in one hit and maybe start a conversation :). so for starters my first question is do we have any idea what they delay between trainers is going to be? Ive only recently registered so i don't know much about how the developments going but Ive seen similar style games have massive delay and lag. also are the starter Pokemon going to be so much better than wild like they usually are? i like to have choices and being almost restricted to three Pokemon to use as my main annoys me (seen as the starter levels up faster and is usually stronger). also i think a good idea to introduce into the game is winning by rounds: 1st two Pokemon sent out one faints both Pokemon are called back and cant be used again, the winning pokemon gets one round won and this continues until all Pokemon are unusable, this encourages leveling more than one Pokemon at a time and i think adds more strategy to the game. so tell me what you think and sorry if this post is meant to be somewhere else

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
Re: some questions and stuff to talk about :)
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 09:13:58 AM »
so for starters my first question is do we have any idea what they delay between trainers is going to be?

What do you mean by 'what delay'?

Ive only recently registered so i don't know much about how the developments going but Ive seen similar style games have massive delay and lag.

The team is working for the lag to be minimal, don't worry. Even being very far from the server, the lag was bearable, so, I guess that since you're closer, you'll get a lower lag.

also are the starter Pokemon going to be so much better than wild like they usually are? i like to have choices and being almost restricted to three Pokemon to use as my main annoys me (seen as the starter levels up faster and is usually stronger).

The balance team is working on that. There will be talent trees and sometimes even some stat changes to balance the pokemon out. Some overpowered will be nerfed and vice versa. I don't know the specifics.

also i think a good idea to introduce into the game is winning by rounds: 1st two Pokemon sent out one faints both Pokemon are called back and cant be used again, the winning pokemon gets one round won and this continues until all Pokemon are unusable, this encourages leveling more than one Pokemon at a time and i think adds more strategy to the game. so tell me what you think and sorry if this post is meant to be somewhere else

One thing I see here... is when you battle someone with an unequal number of pokemon as compared to yourself. Does that mean that one of the two trainers will not be able to use all his pokemon? Does that mean that you won't be able to switch in pokemon? (eg. You are training a Ralts at level 5. It has only Growl. You send it out, but you have to win/lose this duel to be able to switch)

I'm not discouraging you, on the contrary, I'm encouraging you to think a little more about your ideas. Some ideas might be really cool, so, if you have innovative ideas, you're welcome. Just try to think about it a little more before posting it. :)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 08:19:57 AM by Kamaran »
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Demon Boy

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 09:56:27 AM »
What do you mean by 'what delay'?
so if i use tackle and on my screen the opponent has been hit will the opponent be deciding his move right after that point or will there be a delay before they get there turn?

There will be talent trees and sometimes even some stat changes to balance the pokemon out.
that sounds awesome way better than what i was expecting

One thing I see here... is when you battle someone with an unequal number of pokemon as compared to yourself. Does that mean that one of the two trainers will not be able to use all his pokemon? Does that mean that you won't be able to switch in pokemon? (eg. You are training a Ralts at level 5. It has only Growl. You send it out, but you have to win/lose this duel to be able to switch)
yeah i was thinking you had to pick a few of your party if they hadn't filled theres out or something but yeah it makes it hard when you have an even amount of Pokemon as well making matches possible to have draws
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 08:22:41 AM by Kamaran »

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 09:59:58 AM »
It will be just like in the PvP when you play pokemon with a friend. Both choose their moves, once both have been chosen, the faster pokemon will attack, then the slower pokemon and right after that, you are to choose the move again.

The delay here will be as far as possible kept to the minimum.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....

Offline Demon Boy

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2010, 10:02:50 AM »
cool sounds like its all going good :) this is going to be free to play right?

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2010, 10:06:43 AM »
Of course! :)

Offline boyben10

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Normal Trainer
  • I m be gud artist now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2010, 06:40:43 AM »
It's actually illegal to be non-free.
I like slowpoke.

Offline Raikt

• Balancer of stuff
  • Good Trainer
  • I punch Creepers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2010, 07:54:22 AM »
It's actually illegal to be non-free.

^ that.

And as Jerry stated, we'll do what we can to alleviate lag in all forms.
Weekly awesomsauce: www.collegehumor.com/video/6359051/wow-jason-statham-really-wants-wow
Daily awesomesauce: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn4uonU_uj0
I have a proud tradition of failure to uphold.
Updated awesomesauce!**