* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Cheats and stuff  (Read 11363 times)

Offline Amphi

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • Neko -----> <(^.^)>
    • View Profile
Re: Cheats and stuff
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2010, 12:20:25 AM »
gonna be honest here and say the following, I don't see any problems with multi-accounts, this is because I am a veteran mmo player and most mmo's allow such a feature, while having multiple accounts is usually done by using separate emails there would be another way to restrict the multiple accounts thing by giving players the option to have several characters on a single account, but again this is just how I see things :3
Never Underestimate the Kindness of other Humans.

Offline DrPinkies

• Beginning Trainer
  • IMA FIRIN MAH LAZAR!!! pew pew...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2010, 12:25:42 AM »
I like Amphy's idea. that way players could start with different pokemon, an/or start in diffrent regions if that is possible.

Offline LeoReborn

• Good Trainer
  • Through the pain, I've been reborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2010, 01:45:47 AM »
gonna be honest here and say the following, I don't see any problems with multi-accounts, this is because I am a veteran mmo player and most mmo's allow such a feature, while having multiple accounts is usually done by using separate emails there would be another way to restrict the multiple accounts thing by giving players the option to have several characters on a single account, but again this is just how I see things :3
Or you could have a Universal account, with the ability to Create 2-3 Characters, with a unique Username. That way, both problems are solved, No trading between Characters, if someone logs on to an online username, they both get cut off.:

Then you can play the story with different Starters.
By loving so many, I have touched their lives and helped them rebirth as well. To be strong is to instill strength in another.

Offline Amphi

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • Neko -----> <(^.^)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2010, 02:09:19 AM »
Or you could have a Universal account, with the ability to Create 2-3 Characters, with a unique Username. That way, both problems are solved, No trading between Characters, if someone logs on to an online username, they both get cut off.:

Then you can play the story with different Starters.

that's basically what I meant
Never Underestimate the Kindness of other Humans.

Offline LeoReborn

• Good Trainer
  • Through the pain, I've been reborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2010, 02:10:57 AM »
yeah, I see that now, but I did add a way to deal with multiple characters.
By loving so many, I have touched their lives and helped them rebirth as well. To be strong is to instill strength in another.

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2010, 02:29:45 AM »
Yupp, as darkie explained, starter pokemon will be bound to the player, hence you cannot trade them.

So those of us that don't like the starters cant trade them for something we do like? or at least let the 2nd and 3rd evo be tradeable.
Team Attack Coverage Calculator
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline Baka

• Normal Trainer
  • Troublemaker
    • View Profile
    • Deviant
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2010, 02:39:46 AM »
Yupp, as darkie explained, starter pokemon will be bound to the player, hence you cannot trade them.

So those of us that don't like the starters cant trade them for something we do like? or at least let the 2nd and 3rd evo be tradeable.

You may still catch them in the wild. These will not be bound. But they will be quite rare. ;)

As for cheating:
There will always be means of cheating in any MMO, using bots or by using multiple client for multi-play. There is no solution to this, but we will surely make it harder, as well as personally track users like this. There is however no point in playing cat and mouse and making stupid software to prevent this, as it will just be bypassed anyway.

For other cheats, such as packet insertion, or package corruption, or client modifications:
The system that is used between the client and server should be pretty much bulletproof to attacks like these. You may of course hack and modify the client, but it won't affect the server, or player database. This means, it won't give you any vital advantages.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 02:49:18 AM by Bakagringo »

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
  • I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2010, 02:41:56 AM »
You may still catch them in the wild. These will not be bound. But they will be quite rare. ;)
OH LAWDS YES THANX U!!!
But will this be 'random' rare, like a shiny? Or will it be 'event' rare, like... christmas?

Offline Baka

• Normal Trainer
  • Troublemaker
    • View Profile
    • Deviant
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2010, 03:02:25 AM »
OH LAWDS YES THANX U!!!
But will this be 'random' rare, like a shiny? Or will it be 'event' rare, like... christmas?

Random I guess. Event pokemon and pokemon received through quests will be bound.

Offline DrPinkies

• Beginning Trainer
  • IMA FIRIN MAH LAZAR!!! pew pew...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2010, 03:06:08 AM »
And 'bound' of course meens you can put them away in your PC still right? >.<

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2010, 03:10:00 AM »
And 'bound' of course meens you can put them away in your PC still right? >.<
I would think this would go without saying, actually. What if you got seven + bound? You can put them in your PC, but NOT trade them.

Offline partyprash

• Member Design Team
  • Contributor
  • Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
    • PartyPrashVideos
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2010, 03:14:26 AM »
naa, i think u should just have the one starter pokemon, or everyone will have all starters in their party, and game will get boring battling the same pokemon over and over and over and over and over again....

just one is good :)

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2010, 03:16:15 AM »
naa, i think u should just have the one starter pokemon, or everyone will have all starters in their party, and game will get boring battling the same pokemon over and over and over and over and over again....

just one is good :)
And you're implying that nobody's going to abuse Dragon types or rares? Besides, most people don't like ALL the starters. I'd really never have more than two with me at a time, personally.

Offline Baka

• Normal Trainer
  • Troublemaker
    • View Profile
    • Deviant
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2010, 03:22:34 AM »
Because of the balancing project, having all the starters in your party won't give you any advantage. Hence you might as well train other pokemon. Sure, if you want to go through all the trouble getting all the starters and training all the classes, that's ok with me. I guess you'll EARN winning with them if you're wasting that much time. Remember that in PU you get better with let's say water Pokemon by using them more often. if you don't use fire at all, using a fire pokemon will then give you a disadvantage.

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2010, 03:29:10 AM »
I wont be using any of the starters once i get 1 or 2 of the Pokemon i want. just don't like any of them that much.
Team Attack Coverage Calculator
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."