* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: move training(Idea)  (Read 2184 times)

Offline PkMn Trainer Black

• Good Trainer
  • Everyone's changing...
    • View Profile
move training(Idea)
« on: November 04, 2010, 02:52:23 AM »
OK.this is my first idea, so its probably not going to make much sense.

Move training is like in the anime, but you have to battle to execute it. If you use a move a certain amount of times, it becomes a little more efficient. The moves below 75 power would increase 5 the first time, then 10 the second and final time. The moves above 75 power would increse only one time by 10. A possible downside is that when a pokemon forgets a move, that move's training will reset. This does not apply to status inflictors, status side effects within another move, Self-Destruct, or Explosion.

This probably isn't going to make it, but it's something to think about. Please be honest in your opinion.

I thank all of you in advance!   ;D
Even if one person steales waht you deserve, your reward will be even better than the last if you head down the right path.

Showdown Username: Shining Darkness

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
Re: move training(Idea)
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 06:43:43 AM »
This has been addressed in one of my threads once... but very briefly.

I'd like to say the response I gave there to the same idea.

When a pokemon learns a move it doesn't quite know how to use it well and as a result has a quite low accuracy. But while the training this move, the accuracy of this move will increase until a maximum. Of course, now there are some moves which will not need training to get to max accuracy (or a little training will be enough) so that it doesn't become too boring when you got your starter.

It's just like in the anime where some pokemon just learned a move (The Snorunt of Ash is the first one to come in my head with the Ice Beam attack which was rarely well used until it evolved) and need time and practice to master it.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...