* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Halo  (Read 21638 times)

Offline Blaze

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Halo
« on: January 22, 2010, 05:26:25 PM »
I doubt anyone plays it here, the only person I know is Bakagringo.

If you want to add me to Xbox LIVE then my GamerTag is xBlazeUK.

My Bungie.net profile: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Halo3/Default.aspx?player=xBlazeUK&sg=0

If ever you want ot play a game of Halo 3 (or even 2), hit me up, although I can get very competitive.

I play in mostly Team Snipers, MLG, Social Slayer and Big Team Slayer, but if there's a double exp weekend on I'll go for that.

I really love the Halo franchise. Out of all the games I own for my 360, it's the one I play the most, with Assassins Creed II and Oblivion coming in a close second.

Offline Kuhns

• Pixel Artist/ Part-Time Lurker
  • Normal Trainer
  • I'm (almost) back! And Sexier than ever! >:D
    • View Profile
Re: Halo
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 05:35:34 PM »
Lol, I'd take you up on your offer but a couple months ago my Xbox got the 3/4ths ring of death. Dx

Thought, MLG? Everyone knows Action Sack's where all the cool kids hang out. xP

Offline Blaze

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 05:36:41 PM »
Thought, MLG? Everyone knows Action Sack's where all the cool kids hang out. xP

I don't find action sack fun, you get completely butt-raped by generals :p

Action sack just isn't my thing, I prefer much more comptetitive play, especially snipers...

...all my friends refuse to play with me on a competitive basis, I would own them all, so we end up doing some light-hearted custom games.

Offline boyben10

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Normal Trainer
  • I m be gud artist now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 05:53:30 PM »
I kind of play, I'm not very good though, and I've only been on about once in the past month. My gamertag is the same as my username.
I like slowpoke.

Offline Declan_23

• Quest/NPC Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2010, 06:03:01 PM »
hmmm why play Halo when Call of Duty exists??
Although, I have to admit forge is pretty jokes.

Offline Blaze

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2010, 10:09:10 PM »

Because, in my opinion, Halo 3 is better than any of the Call of Duty series.

I will tell you why.

Firstly, in CoD, anyone can kill anyone. All it takes is a couple of shots because the guns were so poweful, so you get killed by noobs all the time, whereas in Halo, if a noob came up to be firing his gun, I'd rape him (probably jump over and assassinate, or no scope with sniper if I had one).
Halo 3 requires skill to play well.

Secondly, the campaign. The CoD campaign has no real playback value, but Halo 3 has skulls and terminals to collect, and four different difficulties, as well as vidmaster achievements. CoD holds no real value for someone who doesn't have Xbox LIVE.

Thirdly, the matchmaking. CoD has less "playlists" and the spawn system is completely broken. Also, the variety in gameplay in Halo definitely trumps Call of Duty And, Halo has vehicles. Flying ones too.

Fourthly, the features. Halo has theatre mode, forge, better maps, more customizable gametypes and far different guns.

With the addition of Halo 3: ODST the gap between the Halo franchise and CoD has increased, with Halo coming out front.

Sorry, but I couldn't just stand there and listen to someone insult one of the best games ever.

Offline Declan_23

• Quest/NPC Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2010, 12:43:51 PM »

Because, in my opinion, Halo 3 is better than any of the Call of Duty series.

I will tell you why.

Firstly, in CoD, anyone can kill anyone. All it takes is a couple of shots because the guns were so poweful, so you get killed by noobs all the time, whereas in Halo, if a noob came up to be firing his gun, I'd rape him (probably jump over and assassinate, or no scope with sniper if I had one).
Halo 3 requires skill to play well.

Secondly, the campaign. The CoD campaign has no real playback value, but Halo 3 has skulls and terminals to collect, and four different difficulties, as well as vidmaster achievements. CoD holds no real value for someone who doesn't have Xbox LIVE.

Thirdly, the matchmaking. CoD has less "playlists" and the spawn system is completely broken. Also, the variety in gameplay in Halo definitely trumps Call of Duty And, Halo has vehicles. Flying ones too.

Fourthly, the features. Halo has theatre mode, forge, better maps, more customizable gametypes and far different guns.

With the addition of Halo 3: ODST the gap between the Halo franchise and CoD has increased, with Halo coming out front.

Sorry, but I couldn't just stand there and listen to someone insult one of the best games ever.

Well that's fine and I have to admit that Halo DOES have some pretty cool features, such as holding two separate weapons in different hands. However having owned and played both I much prefere the Call of Duty series. And also about the campaign, Halo may have more playback value. BUT Call of Duty has that slight sense of realism, which makes it all the more fun to play :)

Offline Blaze

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2010, 12:48:34 PM »
Watch this and try and tell me Reach isn't going to be the best console game of 2010.

Offline Flawless

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2010, 12:22:22 AM »
I just watched and I think it will be the best console game of 2012. I need to get my Xbox fixed ASAP. You can only play the Multiplayer Beta if you have ODST? This game will be epic :D.
If tomatoe is a fruit would ketchup be a jam?

Offline liljoshuRAWR

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2010, 04:53:54 PM »
halo has it ups and downs but overall amzing :D odst was a bit odst and halo2 a dower comperd to what they had but the new one is going to blow away cod and all over 1st purson shooters. :D

Offline Epic

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
    • MLG
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2010, 04:25:37 PM »
I used to play a lot, but started playing CoD lately.  There's going to be a MLG event in Raleigh this year though, so I may pick it up over the summer and get good, so I can play in the tourney.  Should be a lot of fun.

Offline andr24ew

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2010, 07:09:30 PM »
halo is the best game every  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D ;) ;) ;)

Offline Seveer

• Beginning Trainer
  • MY TREECKO
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2010, 05:05:52 PM »
OK, just so you people know Halo 3 is the best game out right now, NO JOKE, my tag is tkdStupidNinja. But i have not been on in a good 2 weeks cause of bordism (my clan member stoped playing the beta) and this Game.
All who pass may never pass again. Or maybe they will!
I will one day become an official game designer, No Joke!
I’m a poor speller, so eat it.

Offline Raikt

• Balancer of stuff
  • Good Trainer
  • I punch Creepers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2010, 08:30:54 PM »
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is more fun than Halo, in my opinion. Halo is by far better than the rest of them, though. I'm actually lending out my copy of Halo 3: ODST right now to a friend. He wanted to play the beta for Halo: Reach. So, I don't have it. When I get it back though, I'm usually up for a game of MLG, SWAT, or anything involving the battle rifle.

//Raikizen
Weekly awesomsauce: www.collegehumor.com/video/6359051/wow-jason-statham-really-wants-wow
Daily awesomesauce: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn4uonU_uj0
I have a proud tradition of failure to uphold.
Updated awesomesauce!**

Offline Seveer

• Beginning Trainer
  • MY TREECKO
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2010, 09:26:16 PM »
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is more fun than Halo, in my opinion. Halo is by far better than the rest of them, though. I'm actually lending out my copy of Halo 3: ODST right now to a friend. He wanted to play the beta for Halo: Reach. So, I don't have it. When I get it back though, I'm usually up for a game of MLG, SWAT, or anything involving the battle rifle.

//Raikizen
I sorry to say that Halo Reach has not yet shown any signs of a battle rifle, only the DMR. But if I find anything I will post it. And Im sorry that you beleive COD4 is better than HALO. I may even agree if halo didnt have forge... but it does, and this is Y its a great game. COD 50cal not kill a person in one shot any ways and it should blow a hole arm off.
All who pass may never pass again. Or maybe they will!
I will one day become an official game designer, No Joke!
I’m a poor speller, so eat it.