* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 am]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 am]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 am]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 am]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 am]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 pm]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 pm]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 pm]

Author Topic: It doesn't even make sense now...  (Read 12423 times)

Offline Mr. Fox

• Good Trainer
  • The name's Fox, Mr. Fox
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Cave.
Re: It doesn't even make sense now...
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2010, 01:00:38 am »
go (name of ice cream pokemon)! use temptation!
The pokemon started to let off the aroma of ice cream, the enimey pokemon is defenseless.
Crap... that is a... Garchomp...
You lose becaues the Garchomp ate your pokemon!!!!! bwhahahahaha! you suck!

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2011, 05:32:52 pm »
Well, it's obvious isn't it. Satoshi Tajiri, assuming he's still alive, and his development team, are in it for money, not for the original fun of it. Sure, he saved Nintendo when they came out with the GameBoy Color, and had a limited amount of games for it, but that was when he had a dream. Now, you guys are right, the Pokemon may be powerful, but they're look is a little questionable. It seems like someone just looked at something and said, "I'll make that into a Pokemon because I'm running out of ideas," and viola, a semi-retarded looking creature is born who easily beats the other generations. I miss the old days when Gyrados was a dragon type, and Alakazam kicked serious booty. It's not the same anymore. :(
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2011, 06:42:56 pm »
Gyarados never was a dragon type pokemon... you might have thought it was dragon because Lance had two I think of them.

EDIT: Corrected 2 typos
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 06:36:09 am by Jerry »
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
  • I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2011, 08:52:25 pm »
Gyarados never was a dragon type pokemon... you might have thin kit was dragon because Lance had two I think of them.
Woah... I think this is the first time I've even had to re-read one of Jerry's posts because of grammatical errors. That's actually pretty impressive, for over a thousand posts...

Anyway, cortex, I haven't seen a problem until B&W. Considering how many pokemon have been made so far, you can't accuse him of not caring about anything but money. HUNDREDS of completely made-up animals, and only now are they getting weird. Even the first gen... That was over a hundred pokemon. Obviously the more you make, the lower the quality of each unique pokemon is going to be. Besides, there are still plenty of awesome new ones, so there's no problem.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2011, 06:36:33 am »
No wonder... I was eating and typing with a hand and also performing calculations when posting this... I think I shouldn't do this again :-[
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2011, 04:53:38 pm »
Well, about the Gyrados thing, there was a glitch in R/B/Y where an ice or dragon type attack was super effective. I thought it would be a little humorous to point that out since it only happened to Lance's Gyrados at a random time. And, yeah, I think it's all about money now than anything else because the ideas are getting too weird. The first three gen. were at least clever. The fourth was a completion, and now the fifth is like starting over. Seriously, can you think of any other possibility? We also know that in a year or so, there will be a third game with more features than B/W that won't work for B/W, like platinum, emerald, crystal, and yellow. It's marketing at it's best, but robbing the past idea.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline Raikt

• Balancer of stuff
  • Good Trainer
  • I punch Creepers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2011, 09:53:52 pm »
I realised the other day that all the Pokemon in Gen V remind me of enemies and tameable monsters from the old school Monster Quest games.
Weekly awesomsauce: www.collegehumor.com/video/6359051/wow-jason-statham-really-wants-wow
Daily awesomesauce: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn4uonU_uj0
I have a proud tradition of failure to uphold.
Updated awesomesauce!**