* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Pokémon Universe Music  (Read 42766 times)

Offline Hiteryan

• Music Composer
  • Administrator
  • Normal Trainer
  • Oh gawd awesoem.
    • View Profile
    • Hitey's YouTube
Pokémon Universe Music
« on: January 25, 2010, 03:29:26 PM »
Since everyone's looking forward to anything PU, let's assume many of the people here would at least want, for instance, to get a taste of what the music in ths game will be like. I have added a few (just a few) pieces of music that will probably be in the game to my YouTube account. Go check:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL364095E3344D38CB&feature=plcp

While the full first volume of the álbum isn't available on bandcamp, download a few mp3 tracks by clicking HERE.

Do leave your feedback on this topic or on video comments. And subscribe if you wish, for more songs will be added further.

The music is fully original. However, it has obviously adopted a composition style similar to that of original Pokémon game music composers Jun'ichi Masuda and Go Ichinose, for part of the songs. And the music utilizes some instrument sounds similar to those of the 3rd and 4th generation games, so the resemblance can be deeper, and much more Pokémon-ish!

Enjoy!

Also, in regard of anyone who'd like to compose music for the game, I will give them the same answer I've given to someone else:

"Me and Mr_Dark have very specific ideas in terms of what we want to do for this game. Perhaps about 1/3 of the soundtrack has been composed, and it follows some particular defined leitmotiffs, as well as the composition styles used by original Pokémon game composers Jun'ichi Masuda and Go Ichinose. Also, each piece of music is proccessed through the Gameboy Advance synth, which is a frustrating proccess when things go wrong for no reason, because there's a limit of 5 notes at the same time and there are specific groups of instruments that can be used for one song. I've been composing since like, September 2009, and it still messes me up sometimes.

Nothing against you in particular, you're not the first person to want to collaborate with music for the soundtrack. The only reason we never really defined that nobody else could join the job is because I always tend to think about it from my own perspective of when I discovered PU. But to avoid more situations like this I'll just set the job position as locked.

If you do want any of your music to appear in some form in the game, maybe we could do something about that, I don't know. There have been ideas such as an in-game radio or something, but we have to think that through."

ORIGINAL POST (January 25, 2010):

Yeah so I guess people would really like to know what the music's gonna sound like

Since I'm a cool guy

And you deserve it

For a freebie

Here's the full strings section of one of the cave themes of the game. Yay! ^.^

Whoever figures which song the music staff is from gets a cookie.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 10:50:03 PM by Hiteryan »
Pokémon Universe Music Composer Guy Dude Person!
Hiteryan on YouTube - Vimeo (I'm a filmmaker too!) - last.fm

Offline The Fireball Kid

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: PU Music Update
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 11:32:11 PM »
I have no clue how to read those notes. Is there a way for us to listen to it?

Offline ghostman50

• Contributor
  • Normal Trainer
  • Blah Blah Blah.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 12:19:41 AM »
lol.. i can read it perfectly fine:

circle circle on top of line with dash.

Circle with stem circle beside a stem, circle cirle dash dot.

Upside-down cirlce stem circle cirle

:P
Am I a ghost or a man? Or a man-ghost offspring that come from mi father's inexplicable penetration of mi mother's ghostly woman parts? Or am I a child imitating a man's ability to change into a ghostly form in order to preserve mi appellation?

"She's so sharp, depressed teenagers use her to cut themselves."  - Greg Gutfeld

Offline Nando

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2010, 06:43:49 PM »
I knew I shouldn't have dropped music class in high school.  :-\

Offline ghostman50

• Contributor
  • Normal Trainer
  • Blah Blah Blah.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2010, 07:36:50 PM »
I have no clue how to read those notes. Is there a way for us to listen to it?

The is a free-trial program called http://www.sibelius.com/

If you have the time, you can download it and reproduce the notes onto the bars. CHoose the instrument then listen to it.
Am I a ghost or a man? Or a man-ghost offspring that come from mi father's inexplicable penetration of mi mother's ghostly woman parts? Or am I a child imitating a man's ability to change into a ghostly form in order to preserve mi appellation?

"She's so sharp, depressed teenagers use her to cut themselves."  - Greg Gutfeld

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2010, 07:51:57 PM »
I think I'll download it too sometime.

I can read the notes, but I can't get the tune to 'sound' in my head, lol

Thanks for the link ghostman!
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Gingimon

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Beginning Trainer
  • TUSP [] [] NZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2010, 03:05:53 AM »
I think it would be cool to have someway to put your own music on as certain themes songs, like upload my own song for when battles come up, just an idea
Support PU!

Offline Socrates

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2010, 05:14:09 AM »
Yeah like be able to set your music for when you enter caves, or are entering a new city that is actually a pretty good idea, but I bet it would be heck for the creators
Scizor>Scyther

Offline Gingimon

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Beginning Trainer
  • TUSP [] [] NZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2010, 05:21:00 AM »
yeah but having Til i collapse come on in battle, thatd be sick
Support PU!

Offline Socrates

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2010, 05:27:38 AM »
What about when you enter a forest and on comes the song Welcome to the Jungle by GNR. Now that my friends would be sick.
Scizor>Scyther

Offline weirddemon

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2010, 05:40:52 AM »
This game looks great and I can't wait until it comes out!!! But I do have some questions about it if they can be answered. Is it a third person, or first person game? Do you get to pick a starter or do you have to catch the pokemon on your own? Can you play side-by-side with your friends (I'm guessing yes as it is a MMORPG)? Are the pokemon just going to appear or will they be seen from distances and actually be "wild"? If these questions are answered that would be a great help. Thank you

You can't quote me on this, but from what I've been reading...

It's a third person game.
You get a starter. You can check out the starters from this: http://pokemon-universe.com/index.php?action=announcement;aid=2 thread.

I'm not sure how the pokemon will appear. I assume you'll get them like you do in the games... but I can't be sure.

Offline Kamaran

• Lead Mapper
  • PU Team
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2010, 08:42:41 AM »
Back on topic please!

Sitenote; You have to encounter the pokemons (not starters) in the tall grass ingame.
"Don't touch the poster at the Game Corner! There's no secret switch behind it!"

Offline Hiteryan

• Music Composer
  • Administrator
  • Normal Trainer
  • Oh gawd awesoem.
    • View Profile
    • Hitey's YouTube
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2010, 01:01:16 PM »
Well. Regarding the custom soundtracks, everyone is obviously able to just mute the game sound and play whatever they want while they're playing the game. This is likely to happen with a few games, for instance, PWO in my opinion, which I got to play a couple of times and the music was just plain...what? :-[ No offense really but that was just plain weak. They were very weak remixes from a few Red/Blue musics.

The music in Pokémon Universe consists of an entirely new and original soundtrack, carefully composed and proccessed in a way that will fit the game and sound just as "Pokémon" as any other original gameboy/DS main series Pokémon game. Everyone who digs the games' music, especially from Ruby/Sapphire, will be pleased with this soundtrack. ^.^

But then again everyone's free to do what they want when playing the game.
Pokémon Universe Music Composer Guy Dude Person!
Hiteryan on YouTube - Vimeo (I'm a filmmaker too!) - last.fm

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2010, 05:14:24 PM »
I'm looking forward to hear them! I loved all of the different songs in the game, well, not exactly all to be honest, but most of them, especially the remixes. Hearing the new processed ones should be awesome!

I don't understand how people keep on asking if they can put their own music track when they can listen to their music through their computer (eg. media player, or you tube). ::)
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Draagn

• Beginning Trainer
  • My computer has a virus I will be off for a while.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2010, 05:33:41 AM »
sounds awesome but you need something a bit faster man.