* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: [RP] Pokemon Enter Your World.  (Read 2740 times)

Offline Seth Lazareus

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
[RP] Pokemon Enter Your World.
« on: January 29, 2011, 05:22:26 PM »
Inspiration: Pokemon, The Mayans or whatever they are called, a preview for one of those 2012 end of the world movies, and this song which I listened to while writing this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOJpMr6-cqU

It's 2012, a week has passed and nothing is different, your life is still the same old thing. No apocalypse, your still moving along making it by, moving in circles. Despite having friends and everything going by just like normal you feel a little down, especially when your alone with your thoughts. While this is running through your mind a miracle happens. I'd recommend adding these in scenes one by one and editing them in as it's gonna be while if you want to do them all at once. I'll try to add more scenes in if anyone likes it.

Alright well according to the global RP rules it should have a setting, especially one given by me for the start  >:(, the setting for this is a place you could see yourself in the future, a place you have been before and quite possibly the place you feel your freedom has been at it's peak or is most constricted, so yes that is the setting.  (that's it for the start, I don't want to ruin it by taking away room for creativity,  as the story goes on it's up to you to mold the setting but if you want help just ask)....

Also apparently there are supposed to be a maximum of 2 main characters per thread and 1 controlled per post...I'll double check with Jerry on this because 2 main characters a thread would be difficult as the main character would change depending on who's reading(I would be my own main character and just a minor one in your book) . Also you could even look at everyone, despite how much their story is about them, as a minor character because it's a collection of stories that begin to overlap later and create one story, although some might just move along on their own if they wish. That doesn't mean they won't be unmentioned in someone else's (with permission please). Please don't post you meet up with another character unless they agree to it in a pm or something. After all it'd be lame to crash their party.

Unfortunately for some who believe swearing would allow greater realism in this RP the F word is absolutely off limits, not my idea, but perhaps it's for the best. If your curious you can the find RP rules at ->http://pokemon-universe.com/index.php/topic,1223.0.html<-

Time: 2012.

Scene 1 Part A:

Start with describing your situation, (your life, and it's current state, as well as what your doing at the time etc.)

What happens: A pokemon (your fav.) enters the scene somehow, it can enter in a funny way, a cute way, a crazy badass way, while running from  a bigger pokemon, it's up to you.

Scene 1 Part B :

With your pokemon, and new best friend your life takes a weird turn. You still try to go about a normal life, but things pokemon related keep happening and seemingly only to you! Then one day the sky seems to split with a screeching sound and pokemon come down from the sky (or something cool like that) and the parallel universe of pokemon enters your world for real this time. OR you could skip straight to that and that they enter the same time your pokemon does.

-Feel free to change the whole worlds look when pokemon enter, the landscapes and everything are up to you, maybe the city is part forest, maybe it's burning down and ho-ho is rising out of the ashes, maybe the town is turning into a nightmare realm as your friends and family or neighbours and strangers decide you and your pokemon don't deserve to live. Or maybe your a part of nightmare for someone else. -If you decide to be part of the dark side it wouldn't hurt to describe how your pokemon feels about being told to fight it's own kind in order to bring about there demise.

IMPORTANT:We are all the same world though, but things are different from town to town, city to city, state to state, and country to country. So please don't say that any one major gov. etc. decides to take such and such stance (as that might screw up other peoples stories, so keep it local, for example don't say the whole world lost electric power...just your town, or city.)

Scene 2

The whole world is in turmoil. The pokemon aren't so tame as in the shows, and a flamethrower attack doesn't just make you fall over and say ouch, often times it kills. IN this new world of chaos, will you persecute the pokemon? Will you defend them only to have them betray you? Will you join up with the Feds. who are rounding them up to be put in cages and tested and experimented on? Will you continue to make friends with the pokemon and protect them from abduction or death? It's up to you.

---As your life splits apart so do friendships with other humans, even families whether because of different views and/or goals, or just for safety. As you separate and break the ties you begin to find out what kind of person you really are, you also tap into a bit a of a creepier dark side. 

Scene 3: You've picked your side but the majority has picked the other one. You have to watch out for many enemies and protect your pokemon along the journey to find a safe place to rest your head. Who knows, maybe along the way you fall out with a group your with or your pokemon, or maybe the one who's being protected is reversed through your pokemon growing stronger.

Rules: Try to keep it within reason, no legendaries should be the pokemon you get, your pokemon should start at it's first form, and it shouldn't evolve after one battle. Feel free to go into detail about the fights you see between pokemon and humans. Also it make sense if you missed your old life or reminisced or often thought about the way it used to be and your parents, gf, wife, your dog or whatever, you can make them disappear mysteriously the day it goes down if you want, sup to you.

Hope you enjoy, even if no one replies it's cool, I enjoyed writing this.  :)

JerryEDIT: Looks okay and has my approval. (corrected some typos) [Needs one more mod approval]

EDIT: Finished OOCC for this, I'll make my post under this one Feb. 15th as long as I have time, which I hope to.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 11:21:11 PM by Seth Lazareus »
"I choose you Moltres".

Offline Seth Lazareus

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: [RP] Pokemon Enter Your World.
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 02:28:21 AM »
Scene 1 Under Construction

The ceiling faded from view as a shut my eyes and let out a sigh. I thought to myself 'ugh why do I go to a Caithloc school; I need to get out of this place.' Shaking my head to keep awake I looked up at our teacher who was talking about what the word Pauline meant. I wish I could just skip this class, I'm Agnostic for ****'s sake. I raised my hand. "Yes Mr.Lazareus?"(I don't feel like using my real name) "May I please go to the bathroom". "Yes you may." Walking quickly I left the room. As the I heard the door close behind me I let out another sigh, this was going to be another long day. Walking in the opposite direction of the nearest bathroom I headed to my locker, grabbed my global text book, tucked it under my arm and closed my locker with a well placed kick. I went to the usual place, highest point in one of the stairwells that has a door to the roof where no teachers pass. As I ascended the last few steps---(I'll finish up later)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 10:55:07 PM by Seth Lazareus »
"I choose you Moltres".

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
  • I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 05:17:25 AM »
Sorry, Seth. My posts tend to be pretty freaking long.
SCENE ONE FOR GREAT JUSTICE

Most people don't know true exhaustion. It's more than your arms hurting, or not being able to catch your breath. It is the literal incapability of your body continuing. Imagine your arm involuntarily forcing its way into a limp position at your side, and you have a good idea of my daily life. I won't empathize with you if you complain about having to do twenty push-ups in gym class. Hell, I won't empathize if you complain about pain at all. Blood and sweat are the salty drinks of victory.

"For the love of god, Stefan, focus!" Anurak's words snapped me out of my trance. I had another hour of pad work before my Muay Thai class was over.
"Punch, punch, elbow, knee! What's distracting you?"

I considered my answer for a moment. Blurting out 'exhaustion' struck me as a bad idea.
"Blood. Blood and sweat."

"You are one weird kid, you know that? Keep going, unless you want someone to come by one day and poke out your left eye, too."

I suddenly became aware of the black patch over my eye. I'd lost my right eye a year previously helping a friend, Krystal, out of a mugging. Incidentally, that friend is now my girlfriend.
There was a time to think about that later, however. Right now I was training. Punch, punch, elbow, knee. Punch punch elbow knee. Punch punch...

The next day was Saturday, which meant no school. Religiously, I began the three minute trek to Krystal's house. On the way, I looked around. Nothing particularly out of the ordinary, though it did seem to be brighter out than usual. Huh. Weird.

Nobody will ever have trouble finding Krystal's house. Ever. In the middle of one-story/Two-story suburban houses, she lived in a four story monster of a building. Magnificent.
Habitually, I didn't knock. After all, there's nothing creepy about a dashing one-eyed kid dressed like an Aviator busting down your door and locking himself in your daughter's room with her. Nope, none at all. Unless it happens to be Krystal's mom that notices me first. Incidentally, it was Krystal, who was just passing by at my moment of entry.

"Ohai, Steffy!" She said enthusiastically, nearlly pinning me to the ground in a tackle/hug. She's got a killer grip. I blame the fact that she's 1/4 Japanese. Asians are all ninjas, so she says.

"Krystal, haven't I told you how feminine 'Steffy' sounds?"

"Awww... but everyone else gets to give a pet name to their boyfriend! It's not my fault that your name starts the same as Stephanie!"

"Ah, whatever. What are we doing today?"

"Oooooh, I wanted to show you something! I'm gonna go change~!"

I looked down, noticing her oversized grey T-shirt and shorter-than-at-all-necessary gym shorts. "Why's that? I like this outfit. It's kinda kinky."

"Well, I'll change back when we get home then."

After Krystal changed into jeans and a less gigantic shirt, we took off. Five minutes into the journey, Krystal pretended to trip and made me carry her the rest of the way. If she wasn't so adorable, I wouldn't have played along. Funny how that kinda stuff works. Ten more minutes of being directed by the passenger on my back, and we arrived at a hill overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. I let Krystal down off my back.

"Well," I said, "What is it that you wanted to show me?"

Krystal put her head down on my shoulder. She might have actually been tired. Pointing up to the sky, she said, "Look at that thingy. It's all... Red and stuff."

I followed her hand. Sure enough, there was a small red light going across the sky. It was small, and not particularly bright, but it was definitely there. "Interesting," I said, "What do you think it is?"

"I dunno. It would make more sense if it were, say, dusk, and cloudy. But it's ten in the morning, and there's not a cloud in the sky."

A disturbingly familiar voice came from behind us at this point. The voice of an idiot. "I dunno, guys. What could it be?"

I turned around. Vinny. The biggest tool on earth. He'd punched me in the face about a month back, only to get hip tossed by Krystal a second later. Since then he's had some strange need to get back at us. Oh, he's also grossly obese. I still have no idea how Krystal survived hip tossing him.

I didn't reply. Rather, I made the first remark that came to mind. "A wild Snorlax appeared!"

Krystal happened to be a part of my world, so she got it and burst out laughing. Vincent, on the other hand, was hopelessly stupid, and was instead stricken with a sense of confusion and anger. Or maybe indigestion. Using his caveman intellect, he naturally responded by throwing a crude, untrained fist at me.

Having seen it coming this time. I brought my arm up to block. It never came. I know the kid's slow, but not THAT slow. I should have felt something by now. I lowered my arm. Vinny was sprawled on the ground, drooling slightly on his precious Ed Hardy sweatshirt. I looked behind me at Krystal. She was covering her mouth with one hand, pointing to the left with the other. Once again, I followed her hand. What I saw next was, to say the least, shocking. Perhaps mind-blowing.

A Pokemon. Specifically, Gardevior, stood facing me, a slowly fading aura surrounding it.

After a moment, I heard a serene female voice pop into my mind. We're not so different, you and I.

zylonnick

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 07:37:51 PM »
scene 1

"Niels, are you still paying attention?" Of course I wasn't paying attention. I hadn't paid attention to any of her classes. Her lessons were just so dull. When I first saw her, I already knew that. She had a great body, but she covered every curve of her body. She dressed like she teached. It was truely a shame.I tried to stay focussed, but my mind kept failing to do this. I had to answer her, and with a quick "Yes, miss Leirs" she was already satisfied. The teacher continued talking about the strange red light at the sky from this morning. Apperantly, this phenomenon happened all over the world.

After school I walked to the gym, but then I saw Jaro beating up Joren. He wasn't just a kid from my age, but he was a good friend. Imagine a 6.3 feet tall, muscular guy with the brain from a mongoloid beating up one of your best friends. I got furious. I ran towards him, but then he got beaten down by a couple of lightning-quick blows. The creature who caused this looked at me and said: "I am Pride, a fighing type pokémon. The fighting spirit keeps me going. You too have a fighting spirit. I can sense that. Could you help me?"