* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Hi everyone! xD  (Read 1930 times)

Offline pokesmurf

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Hi everyone! xD
« on: February 13, 2011, 05:31:22 PM »
Hi peoplez!!!

Although I'm a bit old for pokemon (17), I'm still addicted to it because I grew up with it. I looked everywhere for a decent online pokemon game, and everything I found was rubbish. There really is no online pokemon game that works the same way as the handhelds which is quite bugging me. But this site looks different from all others, it looks quite professional and since you guys have a whole team and are allready a couple of years busy creating this, it must become something epic. :) Thanks everyone for putting your time in making this! I don't want to be pushy, but can someone tell me when the game will most likely be ready? And will it look like the handhelds? Although I don't have much time these days I really want to help with something, to return the favor. Unfortunately I'm not into programming or anything, but maybe i can help with the storyline or so. Anyways nice to meet y'all!

Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.
~Buddha~

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
  • I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants.
    • View Profile
Re: Hi everyone! xD
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 11:14:10 PM »
Seventeen is 'a little old'? Dude, we have people here over forty. It may or may not be creepy, but it's the case. I'm fifteen, and I'm one of the younger ones here.

Welcome, by the way. For the next month or so, I'll be judging you fiercely using the Sliding Scale of Coolness Verses Idiocy. Just a heads up.

Offline Seth Lazareus

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 11:51:16 PM »
Welcome man, and yeah as stated earlier your not too old for it. All I can say as to answering your questions would be A.) It depends on if they can get more pixel artists, otherwise I heard it would take well over two years....and B.) I can't quite be sure what you mean by look like the hand helds, but I can tell that the impression I've gotten is that it won't be recycling many, maybe any old materials(buildings etc.) from the hand held versions, which means it will have a unique look to it in that sense. 
"I choose you Moltres".

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 02:25:29 PM »
this might be quite off-topic but Jerry
"If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?"
Are you a bouddhist?

Ow yeah i was wondering, isn't it possible that the site will be taken offline right after the game is released, due to problems with Nintendo? Many other online pokemon games dissapear for that reason i guess.

Hello pokesmurf! Welcome to PU! :)

Nope, I just happened to see that saying on the net somewhere, I don't quite remember where exactly, but I liked it :P

Oh and we are trying to avoid the copyright issues as much as possible by using everything that the Team made from scratch. Hopefully, the game won't be shut down.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...