* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: PU pokémon team: help needed  (Read 4137 times)

zylonnick

PU pokémon team: help needed
« on: March 11, 2011, 02:15:16 PM »
EDITED:

My edited team, but I still need a 6th pokemon who can take down stall pokemon like blissey, spiritomb, etc.

1)Hippowdon: Earthquake, ice fang, crunch, slack off (sand stream)

My sand streamer/tank. Nothing more, nothing less.

2)Mamoswine: earthquake, ice shard, icicle drop, stone edge  (thick fat) (expert belt)                      152 HP/252 ATK/100 SpD; Adamant Nature

With his nice DW ability, STAB priority move ice shard and STAB Earthquake, I couldn't ignore him on this team. He can get rid of those pesky dragons, grass types and gliscors who try to annoy me.

3)swampert: ice beam, boiling water, earthquake, stone edge/toxic (damp)

I heard you liek mudkipz? Then you must love his daddy too;) It's an obvious mixpert set, nothing else than that. Stone edge is mostly for gyarados etc.

4)Exadrill: swords dance, earthquake, rock slide, rapid spin (sand rush) (focus sash)   evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe Jolly

Since his release every sandstormer uses him, and with good reason. With his high attack, high speed (which doubles due his ability sand rush) He is probably the strongest rapid spinner in the game. I also need a rapid spinner to remove spikes and toxic spikes which cripple my team.

5)Nidoking: thunderbolt, fire blast, earth power, shadow ball (sheer force) (expert belt)  evs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe     

With his good special attack, great special movepool, an expert belt and his nice new ability (which powers up every move he uses ;D), he can take down almost everything. I had to include him.

6)?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 05:24:44 PM by Ponge »

Offline PowerPoke

• Normal Trainer
  • Don't I just look the sweetest? <3
    • View Profile
Re: PU-team help needed
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 02:20:13 PM »
You don't have any grass types! So... What about Cacturne? I mean, who doesn't love Cacturne? ;D
My RP Pokemon

Offline Kamaran

• Lead Mapper
  • PU Team
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: PU-team help needed
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 02:59:04 PM »
fff... I got trolled by the topic >.<
"Don't touch the poster at the Game Corner! There's no secret switch behind it!"

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
Re: PU pokémon team: help needed
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 04:28:42 PM »
Maybe Darmanitan. I think someone in the EE thread posted a moveset and ability which prevented it from getting recoil from Flare Blitz and other moves.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Mr. Fox

• Good Trainer
  • The name's Fox, Mr. Fox
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Cave.
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 08:34:56 PM »
Maybe Darmanitan. I think someone in the EE thread posted a moveset and ability which prevented it from getting recoil from Flare Blitz and other moves.
Sheer force and a life orb cancel out recoil damage from the life orb not the move. so his if his nidoking had a life orb, every time it used earth power the life orb would not hurt him. Now this is the important part, the move has to have an effect no matter what is is. if it could burn, poison, paralize, give you recoil, raise your stats or any thing. BUT THE MOVE HAS TO HAVE A SIDE EFFECT!!!! AND IT ONLY REMOVES THE LIFE ORB RECOIL!

Offline Mr Pokemon

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • I'm not dead.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2011, 09:00:08 PM »
Vespiquen tank.
Its main weakness was stealth rock, but with stealth rock not available in PU, one of my favorites is made even better!

EVs: 252Def/252SpDef/4HP
Item: Leftovers
Nature: Careful
Moves:
-Attack Order
-Defend Order
-Roost
-Toxic

Defend Order is the staple to this set. Once Vespiquen has a few down, it is nearly unstoppable. Toxic is the main way Vespiquen can do damage, and attack order is only used when you have maxed your defense and have poisoned the opponent. Roost is a better healing option than heal order, as roost eliminates the flying type, reducing the devastating 4x weakness to rock.

Offline Level5Pidgey

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • Use Gust!
    • View Profile
    • Pidgey's Philosophical Game Design
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2011, 11:28:19 PM »
It's hard to say exactly what you'll be threatened with in PU - as we're still balancing (and Gen V has set us back a touch), but I would say that Nidoking would very much need Taunt if you want to use him as a lead, but even then, a lot of leads would still give him a lot of trouble.

I'd personally put him in a non-lead position, and put maybe... Ledian in the lead?
130 Speed and Mach Punch to counter Fake Outs ftw. :)
Read my Game Design Blog!

And that one, lone, distressed flying Krabby went on to become the most powerful being in the Universe.

zylonnick

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2011, 06:03:28 PM »
I tried to make a more competitive team,and ended up with the idea of a mono-ground team;) But I'm doubting (again) for the last slots. I was thinking of flygon, garchomp,swampert or maybe one of the nido's. Let me now what you think. Here is my (currently incomplete) team:

1)Hippowdon: Earthquake, roar, toxic, slack off (sand stream) (leftovers)

My sand streamer, which adds some status problems to an opposing team. I use a pretty basic set but it works, so why change it;)

2)Mamoswine: earthquake, ice shard, icicle drop, stone edge  (thick fat) (expert belt)                      152 HP/252 ATK/100 SpD; Adamant Nature

With his nice DW ability, STAB priority move ice shard and STAB Earthquake, I couldn't ignore him on this team. He can get rid of those pesky dragons, grass types and gliscors who try to annoy me. Now I'm speaking of him:

3)Gliscor: earthquake, taunt(/fling), protect, façade (poison heal) (poison heal) (toxic orb)                evs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe Impish

Who needs roost when he has poison heal? This ability also prevents me from being statused (after the toxic orb activates) and powers up my facade. If someone tries to trick me with a choice item (a small chance, but still) he gets poisoned;) I gave him taunt to do something against stall teams, although I would give him fling if someone else uses taunt.

4)Exadrill: swords dance, earthquake, rock slide, rapid spin (sand rush) (focus sash)   evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe Jolly

Since his release every sandstormer uses him, and with good reason. With his high attack, high speed (which doubles due his ability sand rush) He is probably the strongest rapid spinner in the game. I also need a rapid spinner to remove spikes and toxic spikes which cripple my team.

5)?

6)?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 07:33:09 PM by Ponge »

Offline Viper

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • The One and Only
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2011, 07:52:26 PM »
I would go with flygon and swampert for your last two. Flygon could be used as a choice scarf revenge killer, and swampert could be used for many different purposes. A nice one to try is his curse set using waterfall as his only attack move. I would recommend him as a support guy but since pu doesnt have stealth rocks there is less of a point on that setup

zylonnick

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2011, 05:19:00 PM »
My edited team, but I still need a 6th pokemon who can take down stall pokemon like blissey, spiritomb, etc.

1)Hippowdon: Earthquake, ice fang, crunch, slack off (sand stream)

My sand streamer/tank. Nothing more, nothing less.

With his nice DW ability, STAB priority move ice shard and STAB Earthquake, I couldn't ignore him on this team. He can get rid of those pesky dragons, grass types and gliscors who try to annoy me.

3)swampert: ice beam, boiling water, earthquake, stone edge/toxic (damp)

I heard you liek mudkipz? Then you must love his daddy too;) It's an obvious mixpert set, nothing else than that. Stone edge is mostly for gyarados etc.

5)Nidoking: thunderbolt, fire blast, earth power, shadow ball (sheer force) (expert belt)  evs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe     

With his good special attack, great special movepool, an expert belt and his nice new ability (which powers up every move he uses ;D), he can take down almost everything. I had to include him.

6)?

Offline Level5Pidgey

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • Use Gust!
    • View Profile
    • Pidgey's Philosophical Game Design
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2011, 05:55:21 AM »
I might actually reach for Quagsire over Swampert on this team, perhaps.
Need something to stop that Suicune in its tracks. (Though Toxic on your Swampy would hopefully be enough...)

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Water Absorb/Unaware
Recover
Toxic
Earthquake
Ice Punch

Or something.

Then maybe a Scarfed Flygon for the final slot.

I'm not really a fan of monotype teams, so I might be out of the ball park.
Read my Game Design Blog!

And that one, lone, distressed flying Krabby went on to become the most powerful being in the Universe.