* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Poll

What's your rating

8 (80%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
1 (10%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: Dragon Team!  (Read 8501 times)

Offline crozza159

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: Dragon Team!
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2011, 11:58:59 AM »
could you put an option for 0 on the poll, honestly, as a PU team you are screwed as soon as you battle an Ice type, Even as a PO team, Ice destroys 4 of your team, after them you have a fast dragon type to demolish Palkia. On PO, if you are lucky you will end up as Dialga Vs 4 pokemon, Dialga may be able to withstand one or two of those four pokemon (again, that is if you are lucky) but after that you're done.

Thanks to cortexjs for making this banner.

Offline PkMn Trainer Black

• Good Trainer
  • Everyone's changing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2011, 11:25:28 PM »
Legendaries are uncatchable on PU, And this is a  main Type team, Plus the fact that I don't really use legendaries.
Even if one person steales waht you deserve, your reward will be even better than the last if you head down the right path.

Showdown Username: Shining Darkness

Offline crozza159

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2011, 05:48:01 AM »
I realise that black, but what I said was that as a PU team you would be screwed (as you'd only have three pokemon) and as a Pokemon Online team it would still be easily destroyed, with the exception of Dialga, who could withstand a couple of pokemon before falling to defeat

Thanks to cortexjs for making this banner.

Offline Noah_Road

• Normal Trainer
  • I can imagine 6 impossible things before breakfast
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2011, 09:48:27 PM »
I realise that black, but what I said was that as a PU team you would be screwed (as you'd only have three pokemon) and as a Pokemon Online team it would still be easily destroyed, with the exception of Dialga, who could withstand a couple of pokemon before falling to defeat

While your logic is true, your argument is a bit off. Dialga is not the only one who can withstand an ice move. Palkia also take neutral damage to ice attacks. Most of the dragons she listed can take quite a few hits thanks to their high deffence or HP such as Garchomp and Dragonite. Salamance can also take a few hits on the physical side thanks to intimadate.

Black, if you like I can help you make a decent dragon team. I'm not as knowlegable with dragon types as I am with psychic types but I bet I could give you a good start that you can branch off of.

Psychic Power=Imagination+Dreams

• Good Trainer
  • Everyone's changing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2011, 11:45:33 PM »
Okay, but let's make one thing clear: I'm not a female, I don't wish to be one, but i'm just facinated by them.(With a calm teen boy voice)
Even if one person steales waht you deserve, your reward will be even better than the last if you head down the right path.

Offline Noah_Road

• Normal Trainer
  • I can imagine 6 impossible things before breakfast
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2011, 11:56:23 PM »
Oh I'm sorry haha XD

Psychic Power=Imagination+Dreams

• Good Trainer
  • Everyone's changing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2011, 04:22:05 AM »
But yeah. Help is appreciated.

Offline Level5Pidgey

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • Use Gust!
    • View Profile
    • Pidgey's Philosophical Game Design
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2011, 06:36:47 AM »
Dude...

I have a huge problem with people looking up stuff like this.  I think that guides of any type ruin games, because they take away the surprise.  With a guide of any sort you lose the feeling of discovery.  And honestly what's the point of raising a pokemon if I already know everything it can do?

(I'm not trying to be a dick but, I just think any type of guide makes a game not worth playing.  and yes your link is a guide, a move set guide.)

So you're against the spreading of information so people can get better and have more fun tournaments?

Okay *shrug*

Look, don't blame Smogon for giving out good information. Blame the people who are blindly reliant on it, and just copy and paste their teams from it.
Smogon encourage people to make their own teams, and constantly try to explain to people that the standard sets on each poke's profile aren't the be-all end-all of that Pokemon and that their sets will completely change depending on your team.

Though when it comes down to it, just a few months ago I had to explain to my friend why Swords Dance isn't a poop move in some cases - and frankly I'd rather have people copying Smogon than simply being ignorant of any move that isn't over 70 Power.
Read my Game Design Blog!

And that one, lone, distressed flying Krabby went on to become the most powerful being in the Universe.