* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Quest contest ended last year and I was stupid to write this up D:  (Read 3257 times)

Offline greybomber

• Beginning Trainer
  • Mewww ~ <3
    • View Profile
It's kind of hard writing a quest without much knowledge of the game but I'll try my best.

I'm gonna jump straight in and write a legendary quest

Let's presume you get quests through exclamation marks, typical scenario
It starts of at a notice board You notice that there are adds all over the board but one in particular catches your eye. Missing people.
Suddenly this is a huge shock to you, this is so important you must get on the problem right away.
You think to yourself, where can I begin? Who can I talk to? What do I do? etc etc.
This is an important situation, you have never not known what to do so you head back home for advice from your mother {assuming you have a mother in this game, if not a rival or proffesor of the city etc} Of course your mother wouldn't know anything and what little advice she gives you doesn't help either but she mentions something about missing jewellery which seems to have gone missing around the same time. Could it be a thief? another use for goddam pokemon of course! The first person to go talk to is the rebel of the city, surely he has something to do with this.

{I know there is a lot of talking but this is a legendary quest}

So we go to his house of course finally some action he just want's to fight {Without any conversation}. He's got some pretty powerful stuff so you gotta be ready for this.
At the end of your battle he quickly pulls out a weezing which uses smog and he makes a run for it, down a hidden cave in his house so you quickly go after him

{go through a lengthy dungeon}

You make your way to the other side of the cave and find yourself in a secluded area, like nothing you have ever seen before, mystical yet... empty. It looks like a forrest with no trees, it has a huge lake to the left A large mountain behind you (where you came out of) and in a weird sort of way it seems to be snowing further to the right. but in the middle seems to be a singled out house, the bandit/rebel must be in there. it's not a very homy house, more like a tree house on the ground. But on the way there you are Discovered by an unknown pokemon. You've never seen the likes of this guy {legendary pokemon of course, I was thinking maybe Mew or jirachi, mew seems like a better choice given the ending} You get ready to pull out a pokemon but it doesn't seem to want to fight, it runs off to the singular house, maybe this pokemon built the house?? You quickly run after it but quickly stopped by yet another pokemon unknown to you {I want to limit the amount of legendary pokemon in this but I think this guy is rather important}{This legendary pokemon seems to look like a dog, it's growling like it's guarding the place} gah mind is drawing a blank, the legendary from crystal this should be.

Anyway, epic fight with the dog legendary pokemon {or maybe the trio of dog's, might be more interesting, either way}. This should be an incredibly hard fight but not hard for someone whos just been through a cave and a strong trainer. anyway you get through that fight and finally manage to reach the inside of the house where you discover piles and piles of lost jewelry including the set your mother lost.

{Somehow you communicate with the pokemon may it be body language, translator, through your companion or whatever, somehow you 2 have a conversation}

The pokemon seems to be interested in shiny things and enjoys collecting them, he/she has been watching the human race for lets say a long time and is very interested in their possessions and the way we exist. You discuss with Jirachi how there have been missing people lately and you don't have any leads on the subject. Mew seems to have a slight idea of who it may be and joins your party, Mew tells you that there is a hidden pathway only mew can discover in the cave you went through, so you go through the cave and when you reach a certain unmissible point the are opens up blatantly, you jump in to find mewtwo and a hostage. Mew quickly runs in to attack mewtwo but blatantly fails with one smack to the face. Time to get your battle on.

{slowly getting tired of writing this now :p}

So in the end, mewtwo has been punished mew is fine and back in that area, the cave is closed off, the rebel never to be seen again and the hostage perfectly safe thanks to you. Of course mew teleports you out of the cave after the fight with mewtwo so there was no way of going back.

ANYWAY the story could do with ALOT of work but overall the general idea wasn't so bad I don't think. Give it time even if it isn't a competition winner this might be a fantastic legendary quest to add to the game.

Thanks for reading.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 03:30:43 PM by greybomber »
"Sometimes I feel like killing myself hoping I'll wake up as the person I want to be." ~ Holly Pennington

"when you die your soul implodes into your subconscious thus you live in a world you've always dreamed of living" ~ unknown

Offline Kamaran

• Lead Mapper
  • PU Team
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: Quest contest :D
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 03:22:46 PM »
soo.... What contest?
"Don't touch the poster at the Game Corner! There's no secret switch behind it!"

Offline greybomber

• Beginning Trainer
  • Mewww ~ <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 03:27:06 PM »
soo.... What contest?

The one that ends march 16th...
"Sometimes I feel like killing myself hoping I'll wake up as the person I want to be." ~ Holly Pennington

"when you die your soul implodes into your subconscious thus you live in a world you've always dreamed of living" ~ unknown

Offline greybomber

• Beginning Trainer
  • Mewww ~ <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 03:27:50 PM »
Oh that was last year, dude you guys should take that down.

Offline Kamaran

• Lead Mapper
  • PU Team
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: Quest contest ended last year and I was stupid to write this up D:
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 04:55:08 PM »
/locked.
"Don't touch the poster at the Game Corner! There's no secret switch behind it!"