* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 am]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 am]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 am]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 am]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 am]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 pm]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 pm]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 pm]

Author Topic: B/W  (Read 16050 times)

Offline PowerPoke

• Normal Trainer
  • Don't I just look the sweetest? <3
    • View Profile
Re: B/W
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2011, 03:24:11 pm »
Who knows? Maybe Brock got his dream and became a top breeder or something. Or maybe he got it on with Harley Nurse Joy. Lets just wish the best for him  ;D
My RP Pokemon

zylonnick

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2011, 05:16:44 pm »
Who knows? Maybe Brock got his dream and became a top breeder or something. Or maybe he got it on with Harley Nurse Joy. Lets just wish the best for him  ;D

He went after his (new) dream to become a pokémon doctor. I think it was said in the last episode of Sinnoh league victors or the one before that. The one on the ship with all the tentacruel.

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
  • I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2011, 06:44:45 pm »
No. You want to know what ACTUALLY happened? The voice actor's contract ran out and they didn't feel like finding a new one.

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2011, 07:14:48 pm »
If team Rocket is srs again, then I may look into it. I remember being 3 years old and the pokemon anime came out. They were serious then, and they were actually not a complete pain to listen to. Thats how they were supposed to be, not some comic relief retards.

Jerry, voice acting isn't always bad. Hell, DIGIMON had decent voice acting compared to Pokemon.
Full Metal Alchemist had good voice acting
Eureka Seven had good voice acting
Gundam Wing had good voice acting
Deathnote had good voice acting
As much as I hate it, Bleach had good voice acting

Sorry about the mainstream anime splurge, I don't do that often. But saying "its just some guys reading off of a paper" isn't a good enough excuse to me.
The thrill in playing a game does not come from our chances of winning. It is the weight and pressure of losing that fuels our fascination. It is why people challenge, why they gamble and why they compete. The adrenaline that comes from defying defeat is what motivates us.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2011, 08:16:09 pm »
Um... yes... ???

I didn't say that voice acting isn't bad. My point was that StarLite didn't like the anime and one of the reasons was voice actors, but that shouldn't be one of those factors since the original anime cannot decide on who will do the translation in other languages, if the translated voices happen to not appeal to the audience.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2011, 08:29:15 pm »
I see what you're saying now, my apologies.

From my point of view it seemed like you were saying all ovice acting was bad, and for the most part you would have been right.
The thrill in playing a game does not come from our chances of winning. It is the weight and pressure of losing that fuels our fascination. It is why people challenge, why they gamble and why they compete. The adrenaline that comes from defying defeat is what motivates us.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2011, 08:39:22 pm »
No worries, apologies accepted. :)

I think I should have explained myself better, and yes, I'll use the argument that English isn't my first language ;)
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2011, 08:43:41 pm »
Thats actually a very solid statement.

Though it reminds me about an Austrian exhange student that was in my religion class. He would be a complete dick whenever the teacher wasn't paying attention, and his excuse when he got caught was always "English hard, I don't understand." Funny guy lots of laughs in that class actually.

Offline Desbear

• Soryboard Writer
  • PU Trial-Team
  • Elite Trainer
  • TRANSMISSION_FOUND
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2011, 08:49:32 pm »
No. You want to know what ACTUALLY happened? The voice actor's contract ran out and they didn't feel like finding a new one.
frenchfry is right thats what actually happened
TRANSMISSION_END

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2011, 09:10:09 pm »
Of course he is, when poeple don't have to know your face, thats one of the easiest ways to do it.
Have you ever seen a show where a character gets killed off?
Usually, its because their contract has come to an end and they have to have a believable reason why that person isn't there anymore

Example: Family Guy and the Clevland Show. Contracts changed, sure the character is'nt being killed off, but its the same idea. Hell, if it is the same, maybe we'll have Brock's softcore Pokebestiality breeding show. I can't say I'll watch it, but it certainly would be an intersting thing to throw at the public.

Offline PkMn Trainer Black

• Good Trainer
  • Everyone's changing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2011, 01:03:34 am »
indeed.
Even if one person steales waht you deserve, your reward will be even better than the last if you head down the right path.

Showdown Username: Shining Darkness

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
  • I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2011, 01:05:10 am »
That's why I make a sadface when my favorite character gets killed off. It means his voice actor is totally screwed.

Offline PkMn Trainer Black

• Good Trainer
  • Everyone's changing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2011, 01:07:31 am »
dosen't brock and dawn come to unova for their last time being in the show?
Even if one person steales waht you deserve, your reward will be even better than the last if you head down the right path.

Showdown Username: Shining Darkness

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2011, 01:08:45 am »
Your voice actor needs a new job at that point. Though its not always the case, depending on how far the script was written, the character may have been killed as part of the plot.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2011, 02:34:31 pm »
Speaking of which, there are the special episodes too. So maybe you'll be satisfied to see Brock there? :P

I saw the pictures of the episode yesterday.