* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: The Team Rating Thread  (Read 94167 times)

Offline Pokemaster MAC

• Normal Trainer
  • Anima Terram
    • View Profile
Re: The Team Rating Thread
« Reply #315 on: August 14, 2011, 12:54:36 PM »
Flareon has Hyper Beam instead of Giga Impact, because its SpAtk is Higher than its Atk.

Jolteon has Discharge, Specifically for Double/Triple Battles.

If I'm changing Jolteon and Flareon, I'll give them Metronomes, because I end up using Heat Wave and Thunderbolt often.

Espeon has a very high SpAtk, but a low Spd, So, I'll give it either a Wise Glasses, or Quick Claw

Vaporeon has Signal beam, for dealing with those pesky Psychics.

Umbreon.... I thought Hyper Beam was a good Idea, but there isn't much use for it in Umby...

I think it can learn Substitute, so with its High Def, SpDef, and Leftovers, It becomes more of a wall. Synchronize also helps in case of Toxic-spams.

A few notes i can put in. Volt Switch is okay on Jolteon because of  it's high Speed. i like it with my Electivire so switch from SpAtk to Atk on a moments notice.

I ran into a battle with a Vaporeon that knew Aqua Ring which isn't really useful so Substitute, Protect, Wish and Toxic also. Strategy goes Substitute, Toxic, Wish, Protect,Wish, Protect and on and on... really annoying i must say. and the held item was a Focus Sash

And Umbreon is a wall... a wall of annoyance. Confuse Ray, Toxic, Flash, and idk about double team. Then you got like no chance of being hit while they die of poison.

The big heavy hitters in my opinion are Flareon and Espeon. my Flareons tend to have a high Attack, Espeon SpAtk.

-Espeon being pretty fragile, can't take much of a punch, so turn it into a glass cannon. Moves like Psychic, Shadow Ball are the best ways to go. dominate on the offense with it and let things like Vaporeon and Umbreon be the defenders
Corpsair, Decapitain, Sparcrow, Condurit. Stumpole, Steekee, Totember, Flaracuda... My current list of ideas for Pokemon.