* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: [GUILD] Pokemon Knights  (Read 1937078 times)

Offline Ayara012

• Good Trainer
  • Arch Knight Ayara here~
    • View Profile
Re: [GUILD] Pokemon Knights
« Reply #7455 on: May 10, 2013, 05:14:38 AM »
I know. I saw it.
As the saying goes, Curiosity killed the cat, not the dragon.
Sister, you really must stop throwing shoes at people.
Hello there.

Offline The-Blades-slave

• Balance Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • I heed the command of the blade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7456 on: May 10, 2013, 06:37:44 AM »
Nah, we thought Fenror and I were the only ones who knew about it.

FENROR! BROADCAST IT MORE! IMMEDIATELY!

Daylin: 35/100

Offline Desbear

• Soryboard Writer
  • PU Trial-Team
  • Elite Trainer
  • TRANSMISSION_FOUND
    • View Profile
« Reply #7457 on: May 10, 2013, 08:48:06 AM »
You can host whenever you like, but just don't have the two start too close together. That would be a mess, having two RPs starting at almost the same time.

That's why I'm trying to get a plan together, so, after your thingy, the community RP and whatnot, I'll host mine.  One at a time should do best.
TRANSMISSION_END

Offline Humen

• Normal Trainer
  • I am the last of my kind and im loving it
    • View Profile
« Reply #7458 on: May 10, 2013, 11:32:54 AM »
Well meowth again you can post your's now if you got it thought out cuase fenror is planned to be posted in the summer.
Sticks and stones can break my bones and names can make me feel like i deserved it.

Offline Desbear

• Soryboard Writer
  • PU Trial-Team
  • Elite Trainer
  • TRANSMISSION_FOUND
    • View Profile
« Reply #7459 on: May 10, 2013, 06:52:03 PM »
Ah. Well. I'm retyping it up.
TRANSMISSION_END

Offline WhatThePumpkin

• Good Trainer
  • Currently On Hiatus
    • View Profile
    • WhatThePumpkin's dA
« Reply #7460 on: May 11, 2013, 03:51:10 AM »
*walks in dressed as Pyro*
Apparently, I completely missed the memo here.

Did I hear something about RPs? :D
Fais Gaffe Au Soleil~
--
Well, next time you see ol' Firecrotch, make sure you give him a bad batch- Nagi Kengamine
--
No matter how girly I act, I am a man, and I would like to be seen as one. You are forgiven for accidents, but not ignorance. You can skype me at angelofcorpses if you have any questions, as I am on hiatus

Offline NexosYourGayBestFriend96

• Normal Trainer
  • Reality's Exit . . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #7461 on: May 11, 2013, 03:58:14 AM »
*walks in dressed as Pyro*
Apparently, I completely missed the memo here.

Did I hear something about RPs? :D

Cortex and Blades quit RPing, and me and Fenror are taking over. Bad or good, hardly know, but it was a fun run with them.
. . .

Offline WhatThePumpkin

• Good Trainer
  • Currently On Hiatus
    • View Profile
    • WhatThePumpkin's dA
« Reply #7462 on: May 11, 2013, 06:20:07 AM »
Oh. Well that's lovely. Lol.

I think it should be interesting. You two are perfectly capable of running your own RPs, and they are pretty good ones. I can see why Blades and Cortex are throwing their hats in, I can't blame 'em for that ;L
if I could, i WOULD quit, But I have nothing to quit and didn't contribute much to any RP anyway XD So I'm still here.

Although, My on-and-off hiatus is probably annoying everyone to death, lol.
Fais Gaffe Au Soleil~
--
Well, next time you see ol' Firecrotch, make sure you give him a bad batch- Nagi Kengamine
--
No matter how girly I act, I am a man, and I would like to be seen as one. You are forgiven for accidents, but not ignorance. You can skype me at angelofcorpses if you have any questions, as I am on hiatus

Offline TrainerX

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7463 on: May 12, 2013, 05:50:20 AM »

And I, along with Cortex, tip my hat in that pile. I think I'm done, maybe you'll occasionally catch me in a debug, but it's time I lay in the towel. I'm getting too serious about them, and expecting too much from people. No one likes that, so it's best I retire. Thanks for all the good times, all of you.

I have no idea who you are, but I just want to say that I don't blame you. The quality of the RPing on this site is extremely low, which is to be expected seeing as how this website is for a Pokemon MMO and not an actual RP website. The quality of the posts and many of the RPs have always been very low. There were only a few people that were more than half-decent. Frenchfry, Silver, Wailord, Declan, Jerry and Mr. Pokemon are the only ones I really remember. To be honest, that might be the whole list. Once you've seen a real RP, the RPs here look extremely mediocre (Most of them look downright awful), and once you've participated in one, it's really hard to go back, and that's why I haven't participated in an RP that ran for a decent length of time since Omnicide (I think Meowth is probably the only one left who remembers that one.)

It actually wouldn't be so bad to stay if you expect more from them, because these members should be pushed to do better. If the quality of the RPs improved, PU might actually have more active members. It would be nice to get enough that the forums could be just a little bit more like the old PU, which I miss severely. It's a long shot, but I can't help but hope some sort of miracle could happen. This would really be the perfect opportunity to do this, because summer break is coming up, and people have more time. Maybe if the interest of old members (and new members too) could be gained, we could have more active forums again.

I think I'm hoping for way too much though.

Anyway, I guess if you're going to quit or stay, it's not really going to effect me in any significant way, so I guess I don't care what you do with your time. My random urge to make a (somewhat) thoughtful post has subsided.

Offline The-Blades-slave

• Balance Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7464 on: May 12, 2013, 06:14:38 AM »
Well, that's all fine on it's own, but one question left... This is a site based around a game, why should the activeness of the members depend on one section of the site? And while I don't like some of the RPers styles these days, and this is a bit off topic, I find none of them dumb. They just lack experience, so the "Great IQ drop" has always been a bit untrue in my opinion, though, you mentioned nothing about that, I just caught a few hints.

Offline Desbear

• Soryboard Writer
  • PU Trial-Team
  • Elite Trainer
  • TRANSMISSION_FOUND
    • View Profile
« Reply #7465 on: May 12, 2013, 06:27:08 AM »
There were only a few people that were more than half-decent. Frenchfry, Silver

AHAHAHAH, AHAHA, HAHAHAHAHA-

since Omnicide (I think Meowth is probably the only one left who remembers that one.)

... ... ... *Corner of shame* You win for now...

But in all seriousness, I would like to think I've gotten better from back then, and that I'm improving. As are they most likely, Also, if you two read this, I in no way mean to start a flame war, I just find it funny how he decides you are better at it because you were all "Rawr he's new to this and he made a mistake and didn't notice, he sucks blaaargh" and were so serious about it. Personally, I find it funny now.  But in all, all seriousness, I'm sure we've all improved since then.

Also I would like to say, specifically to both of you when and IF you see this, I'm sort of sorry to silver for all the times I raged and all, mainly because you are less of a troll, just really ,really, blunt. FRY....Let go with what I said above, and that we've both gotten better and all that stuff. I will apologize for my less than not decent at all grammar, and laugh as you pick out all the grammatically incorrect area's in here.

RANT OVER.

tl;dr I'm sorry for the bad grammar and all that,  and we've all gotten better, not trying to start a flame war, and I did this in opposite order on purpose.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 06:35:12 AM by Meowth »
TRANSMISSION_END

Offline TrainerX

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7466 on: May 12, 2013, 07:24:35 PM »
Well, that's all fine on it's own, but one question left... This is a site based around a game, why should the activeness of the members depend on one section of the site? And while I don't like some of the RPers styles these days, and this is a bit off topic, I find none of them dumb. They just lack experience, so the "Great IQ drop" has always been a bit untrue in my opinion, though, you mentioned nothing about that, I just caught a few hints.
I'm not saying that the activeness should depend on one section, I'm saying that it may attract some more members who enjoy rping or would like to try it. I'm sure there have been a few people who were thinking about joining an RP and then saw the quality of the posts and decided that it wasn't serious enough at some point in the past. I think I remember someone saying that the post quality is what held them back on IRC one time (before it went dead.).

Also, the IQ drop doesn't refer to the members themselves, it refers more to the kinds of posts that were and are being made. I don't know if it's improved at all, but that's the reason why at least a few members decided to leave. There was way more "I'M SO RANDUM LULZ!!1!1!" stuff going on than before, and it was getting to the point where it was in almost every thread. It got pretty annoying, and as more members had to leave because of school, work, lack of interest, etc. it got to the point where it was hard to have a conversation in a thread without two or three ridiculously unfunny and annoying posts (which would cause others who posted like that to join in and go off topic).

... ... ... *Corner of shame* You win for now...
Just want to point out that I didn't bring up Omnicide to make fun of you or anything, I was simply stating that it was the last decent RP that actually lasted for more than a few pages (since I left anyway. I don't know if someone has made a decent RP since then). So you don't have to get all defensive or anything, in case you feel as though you need to defend yourself.

I just find it funny how he decides you are better at it because you were all "Rawr he's new to this and he made a mistake and didn't notice, he sucks blaaargh" and were so serious about it
That is absolutely not the reason that I decide that they're better at it. How did you even get that message out of my post? All you have to do is look at their posts. As you have mentioned many times before, you were new to it and they were better at it. I really don't understand why you would think that, unless you hold a personal grudge against anyone who thinks that those two are alright guys or something.

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7467 on: May 12, 2013, 07:28:59 PM »
This conversation needs to change to something else before it escalates to something. Take it to PMs if you want to continue.
Team Attack Coverage Calculator
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline Desbear

• Soryboard Writer
  • PU Trial-Team
  • Elite Trainer
  • TRANSMISSION_FOUND
    • View Profile
« Reply #7468 on: May 12, 2013, 07:33:22 PM »
Huh. And I was about to request we move to PM's at that..
TRANSMISSION_END

Offline The-Blades-slave

• Balance Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7469 on: May 12, 2013, 10:27:10 PM »
I honestly have no beef with any of the old RPers, really, so I honestly don't need to continue this in PM. Thank you for being civil about it, Simulacrum.