* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: [GUILD] Pokemon Knights  (Read 1936136 times)

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
Re: Join the Pokemon Knights!
« Reply #105 on: August 07, 2011, 03:33:03 PM »
Really!? That's fantastic. Thanks for the info.  And please, even though you're not part of us, feel free to post any ideas for us as well. I would greatly appreciate it. :)
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 07, 2011, 03:42:39 PM »
Lol, I'm apparently everywhere on the forum... that's what they said ::)
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 07, 2011, 03:52:38 PM »
I wish I had that kind of time, but being a college student is very time consuming. You know what I mean? Man, I put that a lot, should be my saying from now on.

Offline jeremiahT

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #108 on: August 07, 2011, 04:21:24 PM »
i think Giratina could be a good knight if he was an option I would click him.

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 07, 2011, 04:26:23 PM »
The pokemon up there most resemble knights, except for the trio. They use sacred sword as a move in the game. Thanks for the idea, but so far the poll is one sided for darkrai. Would you like to join though?

Offline SirRed

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 07, 2011, 09:52:41 PM »
Hi, everyone.  Now that we have the basic premise for a ranking system I think we should talk about squads.  Obviously the main benefit of joining a guild is having a team behind that you can gain knowledge, experience, and support from.  We have the rare opportunity of creating a guild before the game has started, so all of us are going to be at the same level going into this game. This gives us the opportunity to really learn things together and not have some players who think they are better than other players, it also gives us a chance to prove ourselves individually and earn our place in the guild. 

I propose we have a squad system.  We put players together into groups that work together to achieve quests and move forward in the game as well as battling each other to keep leveling up.  The added benefit is that you grow together and have people to share knowledge such as movesets, pokemon locations, item locations, and game tricks.  Not all of us are on the same time zone so I propose that we either create squads on time zone or on schedules.  For example I work late so it might be more beneficial to me to be on a squad that works when its 11.00 pm where I live.

We could have squad leaders, but at the moment I think that would be silly simply because we will all be at the same level though.  What we can do though is make sure that there are people in each group that have a good basic knowledge of movesets, how to construct teams, and how to battle.  I am decent at pokemon, but I know I would appreciate the benefit of having someone who is godlike at pokemon to share their experience with me on my team.  That way it isn't the blind leading the blind.  Please share your ideas on the message board and we can figure this system out.

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 07, 2011, 10:16:49 PM »
I think three man to four man squads would be sufficient. since we're small, and bound to grow, that may be a lot of them. SirRed, you're on the right path. I'm great at team building and movesets.

Offline LeoReborn

• Good Trainer
  • Through the pain, I've been reborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 07, 2011, 10:27:02 PM »
Regarding our Mascot, I say Cobalion.

Regarding Squads, I say we should have a "Captain" Knight, Cortex J. would fill this role, since he created the guild. We should also have 3-5 "Lord" Knights... ones that would answer to the "captain, but still lead the rest of the Guild.

We could also have codenames for each part of the guild. Example: "Red" Squadron, "Blue" Squadron, etc..  ...these "Squadrons" would be separated equally between each "Lord"

Again, Cortex would be able to command EVERY Squad.

Squads could also be subdivided into several ranks, much like a real Medieval Force would have been, but that's still your call, Cortex.
By loving so many, I have touched their lives and helped them rebirth as well. To be strong is to instill strength in another.

Offline SirRed

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 07, 2011, 10:39:01 PM »
Good ideas LeoReborn.  All of the players on here should put down what their strengths are as well as when they can play.  For example, I am a good leader because I know how to pull resources together, get people working on the same page, and know how to put teams together that compliment one anothers abilities.  I would require people on my team who have a knowledge of movesets and how to form great pokemon teams, I would need someone on my team who is willing to record how we completed quests so that we can help other members, I would need someone who is a pro at battling so that they can make the individuals in the team strong, and I would need people who aren't going to flake or will at least let the others know when they can't make it for a quest or a meeting.  I can play mostly at nights but I live in Los Angeles CA so most people are ahead of me in time.

Offline Arctus

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 07, 2011, 11:39:07 PM »
In response to Leo's post, they way it seems to be working is that Cortexjs is head knight, Ez master knight, and there will be 5 arch knights to begin with, who are the like the lords, then regular knights and apprentices.

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 08, 2011, 12:50:21 AM »
Ok, LeoReborn has been nominated for arch knight by SirRed. I second this. Ez is the master knight. I also want to nominate hunterstride for arch knight. Reply to agree/disagree with nominations. Plus, we need to advertise for more members. updates later.

Offline Ez

• Good Trainer
  • Pikaderp
    • View Profile
    • My Banner Thread
« Reply #116 on: August 08, 2011, 01:17:13 AM »
Ok, LeoReborn has been nominated for arch knight by SirRed. I second this. Ez is the master knight. I also want to nominate hunterstride for arch knight. Reply to agree/disagree with nominations. Plus, we need to advertise for more members. updates later.

as head knight you don't have to nominate you are the one who decides same goes with me but i'm agreeing with the people you chose and i would like to suggest SirRed a position as Arch as he seems mature and willing to contribute
It's over 9000!

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 08, 2011, 01:34:15 AM »
So it's settled then. I am head knight, Ez is master knight; HunterStride, LeoReborn, and SirRed are arch knights. We need to discuss what squads we will make for now, to get things rollng for that. I want SirRed and LeoReborn on mine, plus one extra person to be decided later. Ez, do you want your own squad? It wouldn't make sense for the two high ranking members to be on the same squad.

Offline Ez

• Good Trainer
  • Pikaderp
    • View Profile
    • My Banner Thread
« Reply #118 on: August 08, 2011, 01:53:56 AM »
I feel as squads are not necessarily now due to the low number of people in the guild and on PU in general it would just complicate the system we currently have, in my opinion squads should be implemented when the game blows up (release) but this is up for discussion what do you guys think?
It's over 9000!

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 08, 2011, 01:55:32 AM »
We can wait, I have no problem with that. I just realized that we have 10 members and 13 votes. I knew people outside the guild voted. That means some interests are sparked. I'm going to do a bit of advertisement. You know what I mean?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 01:58:27 AM by cortexjs »