* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: The BIG transportation topic (bikes, skateboards, etc..)  (Read 41746 times)

Offline ghostman50

• Contributor
  • Normal Trainer
  • Blah Blah Blah.
    • View Profile
Re: The BIG transportation topic (bikes, skateboards, etc..)
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2010, 01:13:19 AM »
This may be off subject but it kind of has to do with transportation (teleportation :P)

Ive never caught an abra, ever in mi life, but mi brother swears to me that you can use abra to teleport to all of the big cities in Crystal.

Considering that Urmel shot down any plans to implement fly, i think that its safe to say that teleporting would not be implement as well.

But my question is, does Abra really teleport players from town to town?

Ive found sites that support this claim and some that doesnt really say for sure.

Oh... and here's a random proposal, After doing a psychic-related quest (Its all on you Spirit), One of the rewards could be that players could attain 5 teleports to the closest Poke' center.

(That would be an awesome reward. I'd take that over 5 berries any day)

Im just throwing it out there.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 01:15:23 AM by ghostman50 »
Am I a ghost or a man? Or a man-ghost offspring that come from mi father's inexplicable penetration of mi mother's ghostly woman parts? Or am I a child imitating a man's ability to change into a ghostly form in order to preserve mi appellation?

"She's so sharp, depressed teenagers use her to cut themselves."  - Greg Gutfeld

Offline Mr_Dark

• PU God
  • Administrator
  • Senior Trainer
  • QQ
    • View Profile
    • Dark Productions
« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2010, 02:05:08 AM »
As far as I know the teleport move will only teleport you to the latest PokeCenter where you've been.
IRC: #pokemon-universe @ Rizon.net

!!PRIVATE MESSAGES WITHOUT A SUBJECT WILL NOT BE READ!!

Quote from: Frenchfry545
That settles it. I'm starting a new religion. It's called "Misterdarkism".

Offline Phosphorous

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2010, 02:51:35 AM »
yeah I was never one for the whole car idea, or anything too fast.

But I guess it's safe to say there WILL be running shoes and types of bikes.
Although I still think it'd be cool to have something else that hasn't been in the actual games.

like a jet pack. (lol im jking :P)

no but really. Something else lol

Offline recneps

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2010, 06:02:38 AM »
yeah, i dont think you should be able to drive a car, but maybe have a taxi system set up

Offline Chaoseth

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2010, 07:07:51 AM »
In the anime and hand-held games transportation is mainly through walking, bikes, trains, or boats. If a device other than walking/biking is implemented boats and a train would make the most sense.

Offline spirit

• pikaNYA~
  • Administrator
  • Normal Trainer
  • nyannyannyannyannyan
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2010, 08:44:48 AM »

Oh... and here's a random proposal, After doing a psychic-related quest (Its all on you Spirit), One of the rewards could be that players could attain 5 teleports to the closest Poke' center.

this isn't really all up to me, it is more important for the head staff to decide on something like this, i can just write a quest where this is a reward.... but the reward itself for the ability to do this must be decided on by other people. however, if you ask me, while im not entirely for or against the whole fly ability, i do think that there should be some form of teleportation method implemented. peharps, when you successfully complete some missions for NPC's in pokemon centers (very few pokemon centers would have this, like, 3) you could speak with them and their abra's would teleport you between them.....

.....but probably not

Offline Alais

• Normal Trainer
  • I like shorts. They're comfy and easy to wear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2010, 08:23:24 PM »
Some kind of daily-use item for transporting yourself back to your house would be nice. And no, WoW isn't the only game to have such an item. It would be nice if pokemon with teleport could cast it on the entire party (of players, not pokemon), with a count-down so anyone who doesn't want to be teleported can quit the party.
Remember, unless we say it will be included, a Team Member's speculation and ideas are still just speculation and ideas. Though it may be more likely to be included, there are no guarantees!

Please check out our Jobs forum if you would like to help us with the development of Pokemon Universe. We don't bite, but we do have high standards. Hope to see you on IRC!

Offline Skilganon

• Beginning Trainer
  • Um... hi :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2010, 12:13:48 AM »
Maybe would it be possible to implement a "hearthstone" system into the game, like its and item/pokemon/ability that teleports you/flys you/(insert other form of fast/instant transport here) you, to maybe like one specific location per "island/region" such as the "main city" or your last pokecenter used, and that item/pokemon/ability is given like a 30 or 60 min cooldown or even more, also could make it so it cant be used while in caves and areas like that, i've always found systems like that to be very handy but not OP ya know.
Never eat yellow snow o.O

Offline Mr_Dark

• PU God
  • Administrator
  • Senior Trainer
  • QQ
    • View Profile
    • Dark Productions
« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2010, 01:16:50 PM »
I'm not really a big fan of fly (for our game) since it's going to be an adventure game. So if you can fly everywhere you're missing out on the real adventure and you'll miss nice quests and stuff.

IF we would implement fly, I think it can only be used on the isle where you are so you can't fly from isle 1 to isle 2.

Teleport will only send you to the latest PokéCenter. If that PC is NOT on the current island you'll be send to the nearest one.

Offline Skilganon

• Beginning Trainer
  • Um... hi :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2010, 06:23:40 PM »
Yea something like that, where your restricted to a small amount of places it can take you (emergancy reasons) and with a cooldown so that people arent flying all over the place all the time. No cross island travel and only allowed to go to the "main city" for the island your on, or only the latest pokecenter you have visited, its a handy feature for the sake of emergancies but the CD would make it so you cant do it constanly, or even have the cd so that it can be used once per game day, i read somewhere that the days in game will be 4 game days to 1 real day.
Never eat yellow snow o.O

Offline Mr_Dark

• PU God
  • Administrator
  • Senior Trainer
  • QQ
    • View Profile
    • Dark Productions
« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2010, 07:04:18 PM »
We don't have thought of any specific day/time system. All I can tell for now that in-game time is not real-life time

Offline zachattackary

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2010, 07:38:53 AM »
I know boats have been implemented in games before... but how about a luxury cruise ship with a pokemart, pokemon center and possibly other stores and rooms... I believe this would be innovative.

Offline Mr_Dark

• PU God
  • Administrator
  • Senior Trainer
  • QQ
    • View Profile
    • Dark Productions
« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2010, 03:31:44 PM »
I know boats have been implemented in games before... but how about a luxury cruise ship with a pokemart, pokemon center and possibly other stores and rooms... I believe this would be innovative.

Yes, we're already planning to implement such a ship. :)

Offline ollie

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2010, 11:29:20 PM »
I think that when you reach a high level ther should be a way of travelling between cities instantly without the use of a move like fly. In my opinion these moves are of little use in a battle situation and use up space which could be used for a more powerful move. If creating a method like this is not possible would it be possible to increase the power of certain HM moves?

Offline Ataeru

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 09, 2010, 03:43:54 AM »
how about an overpass or bike/transportation trail between towns, where it would be over or around the wild pokemon and CPU traners.

with it, there would not be any traffic between people going through the paths looking for pokemon or finishing quests and those who want to get to the next town with out any obstacles or paths getting in the way.