* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: quest idea i had  (Read 10036 times)

Offline himoo1

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
quest idea i had
« on: April 25, 2011, 05:01:27 AM »
I was thinking of something pretty cool and it goes like this...

You enter a cave and a trainer runs towards you asking you to catch its pokemon because it broke loose of its ball and his parents gave it to him and it has been in his family for a while...
You can either decide to be good or evil and catch it and keep it or catch it and give it back... if you give it back the reward will not be as good... but you will be able to feel like you did the right thing... the pokemon would be a steelix.. at level 47 (yes i know im specific haha)... the reward if given back would be a rare candy...

good idea? bad idea? suggestions?
let me know

Gotta love Pokemon

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
Re: quest idea i had
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 05:03:49 AM »
Play Bioshock recently?
The thrill in playing a game does not come from our chances of winning. It is the weight and pressure of losing that fuels our fascination. It is why people challenge, why they gamble and why they compete. The adrenaline that comes from defying defeat is what motivates us.

Offline himoo1

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 05:08:38 AM »
actually no i have never played that game... seriously...

Gotta love Pokemon

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 05:09:44 AM »
Now you have something to do :)
The thrill in playing a game does not come from our chances of winning. It is the weight and pressure of losing that fuels our fascination. It is why people challenge, why they gamble and why they compete. The adrenaline that comes from defying defeat is what motivates us.

Offline himoo1

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 05:11:16 AM »
Haha I guess so... is that kinda like the idea i had though? and i would have to borrow it from a friend... which friend should i pick? hmm i'll decide later

Gotta love Pokemon

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2011, 05:27:04 AM »
Alot actually, at certain points of the game, you can take the morally wrong choice, and get a better reward, or take the morally right one, and get something worse.

Though I don't know how PU is doing with their Karma system, though I believe they said one is going to exist.
At the same time, the negative outweighs the posative very much. As most people hate rare candies.

Offline Bing

• Good Trainer
  • If music be the food of love, play on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2011, 05:42:27 AM »
Alot actually, at certain points of the game, you can take the morally wrong choice, and get a better reward, or take the morally right one, and get something worse.

Though I don't know how PU is doing with their Karma system, though I believe they said one is going to exist.
At the same time, the negative outweighs the posative very much. As most people hate rare candies.

Actually since evs are not gonna be in PU, rare candies might actually be a good item.

Offline himoo1

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2011, 05:44:54 AM »
I know i did that because few would want to pick the rare candy but they want to be good so... i did that to see what they would do and wow that is kinda strange because i've only seen commercials for that game and they possibly could be now that you posted right before i did and i dont feel like erasing and re-saying something new

Gotta love Pokemon

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2011, 05:50:51 AM »
That made 0 sense, want to try again?

Offline Wire

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2011, 09:30:37 AM »
If it was caugth already wouldn't you just use the pokeball it was caught with before

Offline himoo1

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2011, 01:22:20 PM »
well i guess you could use the same pokeball... but i also meant it decided to leave like the snivy ash caught in one of the episodes in pokemon black and white and the reason the steelix left is unknown so you have the chance to find out why and get something in return for it by catching it

Gotta love Pokemon

Offline Declan_23

• Quest/NPC Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2011, 01:26:55 PM »
No offence, but you need to seriously develop your idea for it be considered as a 'quest'
If you strip it down basically what youn have here is: 'Go into a cave and catch a steelix'
Try and make it a little longer and complex.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2011, 08:21:27 PM »
And besides this... I get a feeling I saw a similar 'quest' last year... :-\

*looks back in 'archives'*

Well, it not that similar after all.

But, I think that this is way too simple to be called a quest. A lot, and I mean it, a lot more can be added to make it more interesting. In the quest, I personally like the 'what happens' more than the rewards.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline himoo1

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2011, 02:59:12 AM »
alright then will this make it any better? If you decide to give the pokemon back, the quescontinues because after a while you find out he was a pokemon theif and his plan of using a dark ball to capture  the steelix didn't work and the ball exploded and the steelix managed to get away, so when he saw you come in, he acted as if it was his lying to you trying to make you get it for him, when truly it was an older lady who he had tied up and put into a warehouse, because he was an evil person working for an unknown corporation. any better?

Gotta love Pokemon

Offline TrainerX

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2011, 03:20:01 AM »
I didn't really understand that post, but it's still too short. You need to add more than that. What happens after you find out that the guy is part of an evil corporation? What happens when you save the lady?