* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Poll

Do you like this idea ?

Yes, It great
Yes, but still need some editing to it
No!
I could careless

Author Topic: Quest Idea  (Read 6899 times)

Offline Fantom

• Beginning Trainer
  • Pika Pikachu
    • View Profile
Quest Idea
« on: May 01, 2011, 11:56:38 PM »
So, You ran into a house and talk to an Old man. He tell you that he have an Electabuzz and he wanted to evolve it into an Electivire.
Then he start to tell you a story about how he found the Electirizer in the forest. When he got home he saw a group of bad guys kidnapping his Electabuzz (Electabuzz is his housekeeper and he didn't put it in the pokeball then). Now he want you to get the Electabuzz back to him because it's the only pokemon he has. He give you the pokeball and your quest begin.

Now you have to find those bad guys secret base and battle them all to get the Electabuzz back. On the way you heard that those bad guys has evolve the Electabuzz to Electivire and use it to do some dirty work. You found the secret base and come in. The leader and the Electivire is on third floor. You have to battle your ways up there.
There will be 3 trainer each floor. At the end of each floor there is a spot to heal your pokemon. If you lost to a person, you will have to battle them all over again. No extra exp for 2nd time battle though. When you beat the leaders, the Electivire will charge at you. Use the old man Pokeball to catch it. Then, bring the Electivire back to the Old man. He'll thank you and since it already evolve into Electivire, He'll give you the Electirizer.

I suggest to make this Quest level limit so it can be hard. Otherwise high level just swept everyone out easily and obtained the items.

If you found some flaw in my quest and want to give more suggestion , feel free to say it here.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 04:48:34 AM by Fantom »

Offline Wire

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: Quest Idea
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 12:04:00 AM »
To make it longer make the option of having to ask people in the town to see if they had seen anything suspicious. but yeah it's good doesn't have to be an electabuzz could be a magmar or lickitung.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 12:06:28 AM by Wire »

Offline Fantom

• Beginning Trainer
  • Pika Pikachu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 12:15:13 AM »
Well ye but Electabuzz is the only pokemon Evolve by a Electirizer to become Electivire. They can change it into Magma then the result will be a Magmarizer.

Offline Viper

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • The One and Only
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 02:17:37 AM »
Sounds like an ok quest, i like the idea of getting the electrizer in the end, however i have a few suggestions. First off dont let the Electivire fight on the bosses team because that doesnt make sense, if it was stolen it would not doubt try and resist them and they dont have its pokeball so they cant command it. Also are you saying that you would fight all 8-10 +boss in a row without a break? Because if so that might be a little too hard for some people who are a bit underleveled and cant heal. Unless your purpose of it is for higher level guys to take them all out easy, i would say make sure there is a break between each trainer. I like the idea of being able to break between each trainer but still if you lose to one you have to start over. Would still make it a bit challenging.

Offline Fantom

• Beginning Trainer
  • Pika Pikachu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 03:16:16 AM »
OK , it can be you know a break every 3 trainer. But still if you lose you'll start over. And nope the Electivire will not fight on the Boss team. Just when you defeated the boss he will run away and the Electivire will attack you because it doesn't know whether you are good or bad. Then you catch it with the pokeball that the old man gave you.

Thx for you suggestion.  I'll repost the whole Quest later. I want to know more suggestion before i do that.

Offline himoo1

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2011, 04:44:53 AM »
I think it is a pretty good quest, but how would you know which house gives this quest and you aren't one of the people that check every house? do you think you could make the house stand out in some way to show that there is a quest there

Gotta love Pokemon

Offline Viper

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • The One and Only
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2011, 04:53:17 AM »
I think it is a pretty good quest, but how would you know which house gives this quest and you aren't one of the people that check every house? do you think you could make the house stand out in some way to show that there is a quest there

Thats just dumb... first off you should check every house, and second if you dont im sure someone will tell you where it is

Offline himoo1

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2011, 04:58:05 AM »

Thats just dumb... first off you should check every house, and second if you dont im sure someone will tell you where it is
not necessarily, the reason i'm saying this is because i think you should mention if it is a house in the forest or mountains or in a city or town like area because like in pokemon black the daycare center is in more of a secreted area and i think that makes it stand out more so you actually want to check it out, just something of that sort

Gotta love Pokemon

Offline Fantom

• Beginning Trainer
  • Pika Pikachu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2011, 05:27:47 AM »
When i think about this quest im not trying to make it easy because Electirizer is rare items. But i didn't thought about where to put the house. Maybe just like a normal house you need to check every single one of them.
By reading these suggestion some idea came into my mind. I think we should make this quest optional and the Electirizer can't be trade(just for people who want an Electivire). If you dont want  Electivire than you can forget about the quest.
And we should make this a level limit quest. You know like highest pokemon lvl is 50. You can still do the quest even though u have higher lvl pokemon, just put it in your PC and use the pokemon that 50 or below.
Well reason for this is if you want a Electivire and you have no luck of finding the Electirizer in a wild pokemon. Than you have 2 other option, either buy it(Electirizer drop from pokemon is trade-able but really rare chance of getting it) or do the quest. If you dont have the money to buy it than you need to do the quest. It took long time but save money.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 05:29:33 AM by fantomats15 »

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2011, 05:34:21 PM »
I'm guessing by your language that English is not one of the languages you're not very much at ease, otherwise... there's quite some work to do in that respect.

Okay, you're quest is more or less okay, straightforward and can be made quite challenging while making the reward worthwhile, good :)

I have no problem if the player has to defeat 8-10 of them in a row or not then have the boss. Also, the house can located in a forest, on a mountain or simply in the city, it won't change much, since like Viper said, people should usually check out everything they find, that's part of adventure and exploring. A player will find satisfaction when he finds something maybe only a few other players will find.

For your last idea, I think that every trainer should be able to take this quest. But before accepting the quest, the player is warned directly/indirectly of the difficulty of the quest. I mean, I'm pretty sure that there will be trainers, despite the slight lack of levels of their pokemon, who will be able to take such a quest :)
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline FireDarkGuy

• Normal Trainer
  • Is this thing working?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2011, 07:36:56 PM »
To be a quest writer you need to speak very good english, right?
I LOVE CHARIZARD AND UMBREON!

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2011, 07:38:54 PM »
That's something that would definitively give someone an edge on another who doesn't.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Wire

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2011, 09:34:11 PM »
english engrish who cares if you can some what make out what hes trying to say speaking perfect english isn;t a necessary qualification.

Offline Viper

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • The One and Only
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2011, 09:46:50 PM »
english engrish who cares if you can some what make out what hes trying to say speaking perfect english isn;t a necessary qualification.

He didnt say it was a qualification, he said it would give them an edge over people who dont, which is perfectly accurate.

Offline Fantom

• Beginning Trainer
  • Pika Pikachu
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2011, 11:23:57 PM »
Ye, sry about that , English is not my first language. I try my best to make the quest make sense and to get my point across.