* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: [Quest] Diving for Fossils  (Read 6321 times)

Offline Yume Tsuki

• Pixel Artist
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • (/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art page
[Quest] Diving for Fossils
« on: May 07, 2011, 11:48:12 PM »
I'm writing this quest after looking at the thread about gaining fossils. Since there are so many fossils there might be diffrent quests right? So I'll write one for the fossil containing a Tirtouga

Requirements: The HM move Surf/The HM move Dive

You start off at a beach. A archeologist (or whatever) is standing and watching in the distant of the ocean. When you talk to him He starts telling a long story.

"Fossils are my life, I have collected many fossils on many expeditions. I heard there is a secret cavern somewhere around here. It should be underwater. Probably containing many fossils from the past life of the sea."
> Really? What kind of fossils?
> Sorry sir, I'm not intrested in your stories.

"Intrested I see? Hohoho, I can say nonetheless! Fossils are amazing and who knows what kind of fossils can be found! Too bad I can't go explore myself... I'm too old to go diving, and I have no Pokémon that can help me traveling over the vast Sea."
> Maybe I can go in your place. And get a few fossils for you.
> That's too bad... Well, I have to go now.

"Really? You really want to do that? Thank you! I'm so happy. Hey, if you find any fossils you may have one. Thank you so much!"

After this context you go out at sea using surf looking for the place to use Dive. When you find it and dive underwater there is a underwater maze. At the end of the maze you'll find a big crack in the wall. You'll enter and end up in a cave. This cave is filled with rocks and are mainly a puzzle to get through the rooms. You'll end up in a room where a person stands.

"What a rare fossils, they now belongs to us..."
"..."
"Hey, what are you looking at kid? These fossils are mine... uh I mean ours"

> Who are you talking about
> Oh sorry, I didn't know it was yours I'll leave you now.

"Mind your own business kid. Prepare to be beaten up."

Then the trainer fight begins, the guy you're fighting has a Rock type and a Water Type Pokémon.

"Ayee! No good! Flee!"

The guy runs leaving the Quest Item that was in the room. It is a Bag filled with fossils. Then you'll return to the Archeologist.

"Amazing! You were able to find some fossils!"
"..."
"Oh yeah thats right I promised you would get a fossil. A promise is a promise. Please keep one. It was already amazing you made this discovery. I got three kinds of fossils, which one do you want?"

> Dome Fossil
> Helix Fossil
> Cover Fossil

After that you get the fossil of your choise and are able revive it where they have a fossil revive company.

So.. That was my first quest... Critics are allowed so I can improve this story. ^^
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 04:20:31 PM by Yukimenoko »

Claiming that someone else's marriage is against your religion is like being angry at someone for eating a doughnut because you're on a diet.

Offline Wire

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: [Quest] Diving for Fossils
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 12:06:57 AM »
I like it but it's always you appear and the guys are just about to leave or they find the fossil just as you enter but yeah its good.

Offline Mr. Fox

• Good Trainer
  • The name's Fox, Mr. Fox
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Cave.
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 11:25:09 AM »
I like that.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 05:46:05 PM »
I'd say it's nice, you described the scene and branches very well, except some little tiny spelling issues ;)

You could possibly add something like:
> Who are you talking to?
> Oh I didn't know that it was yours. I'll leave you now

And maybe change it so that the man you surprise underwater has a bag of fossils. Then, the archaeologist has 'some'. Or else, I don't think that I'd give someone in his place, for this is the only specimen :O
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Yume Tsuki

• Pixel Artist
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • (/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art page
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2011, 06:24:43 PM »
Edited. ~

Claiming that someone else's marriage is against your religion is like being angry at someone for eating a doughnut because you're on a diet.

Offline Fantom

• Beginning Trainer
  • Pika Pikachu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 02:28:28 AM »
Awesome Quest , you are a better quest writter than I am lol. And btw is the red and green thing is what you get to choose when you talk to the man ?

Offline Yume Tsuki

• Pixel Artist
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • (/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art page
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2011, 11:27:16 AM »
Awesome Quest , you are a better quest writter than I am lol. And btw is the red and green thing is what you get to choose when you talk to the man ?
Yup. ^^

Offline shadowbt

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2011, 01:21:56 AM »
Yukimenoko your an awesome quest writer.I like the fact that your actually going under water to get the fossils.The only thing though is when the guy says that the fossils now belong to them.By that im hoping that we will have a rival team or enemy like team rocket in our quests.
All things come in good time.

Offline Safur

• Beginning Trainer
  • The 15 years old RP'er
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2011, 09:15:02 AM »
Since it is a whole bag of fossils, I think you should be able to chose helix fossil (Omanyte) and dome fossil (Kabuto) too. It would be a chose which wate-rock fossil you want.
Let's just have fun on the forum, until the game is released!

Offline Yume Tsuki

• Pixel Artist
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • (/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art page
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2011, 04:16:21 PM »
could be a good idea ~

Offline Wire

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2011, 07:12:14 PM »
Maybe for the first fossil for everyone to get should be in this quest to get people started off.

Offline Yume Tsuki

• Pixel Artist
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • (/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art page
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2011, 09:54:01 PM »
Maybe for the first fossil for everyone to get should be in this quest to get people started off.

That's gonna be a problem since you'll need the HM's Surf and Dive. And If it gets changed into a cave connected to the land you can just simply walk to, I see no reason for the archeologist to be unable to explore the cave for fossils :$

zylonnick

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2011, 10:25:29 PM »
That's gonna be a problem since you'll need the HM's Surf and Dive. And If it gets changed into a cave connected to the land you can just simply walk to, I see no reason for the archeologist to be unable to explore the cave for fossils :$

You could work around this. An example:
If you implent wild pokémon in the cave and say that the archeologist is affraid of the wild pokémon because he hasn't any pokémon himself/ the pokémon in the cave are too strong for his pokémon.

Offline Safur

• Beginning Trainer
  • The 15 years old RP'er
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2011, 12:38:09 PM »
He has no pokemon is a better solution, if his pokemon are too weak it means you have to beat strong pokemon, not really a beginners quest.
Let's just have fun on the forum, until the game is released!