* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 am]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 am]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 am]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 am]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 am]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 pm]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 pm]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 pm]

Author Topic: How battling is seen by another player  (Read 14956 times)

Offline DLDarklink

• Beginning Trainer
  • Kupo?
    • View Profile
Re: How battling is seen by another player
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2010, 04:37:48 pm »
The animation for catching a Pokémon sounds nice, but might become quite messy when the area is crowded. Maybe a small text balloon above the trainer can say: *Player name* has caught *Pokémon name*

Offline recneps

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: How battling is see by another player
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2010, 07:40:22 am »
I like the idea of seeing the wild pokemon a player is fighting, it might also be nice to have a pokeball animation if they catch it.

I really like this idea, but to reduce lag there should be an option to turn the pokeball animation off

Offline Gammal

• Contributor
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2010, 01:39:10 pm »
How about if you go up and talk to battling trainers you can have the option to be a spectator on that match. Say for example im out catching pokemon with my friend, then another players comes along and whants to battle my friend. Instead of just sitting and waiting for the match to finish, I could just jump in and watch it :)

I dont know if this has been said, but I think some kind of status should be displayed above players battling or watching a battle.
Since 2players facing eachother might aswell not be battling, they can be chatting, be afk, traiding etc.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 01:41:20 pm by Gammal »

Offline Mr_Dark

• PU God
  • Administrator
  • Senior Trainer
  • QQ
    • View Profile
    • Dark Productions
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2010, 02:18:15 pm »
How about if you go up and talk to battling trainers you can have the option to be a spectator on that match. Say for example im out catching pokemon with my friend, then another players comes along and whants to battle my friend. Instead of just sitting and waiting for the match to finish, I could just jump in and watch it :)
We're not going to implement a spectator mode

I dont know if this has been said, but I think some kind of status should be displayed above players battling or watching a battle.
Since 2players facing eachother might aswell not be battling, they can be chatting, be afk, traiding etc.
Yeah we're probably change the color of the player name if they're in battle
IRC: #pokemon-universe @ Rizon.net

!!PRIVATE MESSAGES WITHOUT A SUBJECT WILL NOT BE READ!!

Quote from: Frenchfry545
That settles it. I'm starting a new religion. It's called "Misterdarkism".

Offline pokemi

• Beginning Trainer
  • waaaassssuuuuup
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2010, 09:16:20 am »
what if there are groups,like you and your friend can be in a group and them, and only them can watch the other people in the parties battles so there wont be much spectators

and also if you can join them in battles

Offline Mr_Dark

• PU God
  • Administrator
  • Senior Trainer
  • QQ
    • View Profile
    • Dark Productions
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2010, 12:54:29 pm »
what if there are groups,like you and your friend can be in a group and them, and only them can watch the other people in the parties battles so there wont be much spectators

No....

Offline Impwadman

• Beginning Trainer
  • Hey Ampharos. YOU'RE SUCH A BEAST!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2010, 08:50:04 pm »
I like the idea of spectating, however.....

If too many people want to spectate one battle, it might make that part of the map become laggy.

I suggest that if the PU devs do infact include spectating, there should be a limit on how many people can spectate at once.

Offline Mr_Dark

• PU God
  • Administrator
  • Senior Trainer
  • QQ
    • View Profile
    • Dark Productions
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2010, 11:54:30 pm »

If too many people want to spectate one battle, it might make that part of the map become laggy.

I suggest that if the PU devs do infact include spectating, there should be a limit on how many people can spectate at once.

How many times to I have to repeat myself? No!

Offline Impwadman

• Beginning Trainer
  • Hey Ampharos. YOU'RE SUCH A BEAST!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2010, 12:38:05 am »
Ok no spectating! Got it!  ::)

Offline Gammal

• Contributor
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2010, 01:11:59 am »

How many times to I have to repeat myself? No!

but but.. PLEEEEEEEEASE

JK :P

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2010, 03:09:39 pm »
If people really want to 'see' the battle... I suggest that for tournaments for example, a record of the battle is saved and posted somewhere in the stadium, where the written history of the battle is kept (eg. Charmander used ember on Pikachu, Pikachu used thundershock on Charmander...). It'll be deleted after some time.

I know, that's not as 'wow' as watching a real battle, but may make the game less lagging.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline baralai15

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2010, 01:05:13 pm »
Maybe including something more (later), to make other people able to have an idea of a match. Like when a trainer orders his/her pokemon to attack, the 'overhead' message for example 'Charmander, use ember!' could appear to the nearby trainers.

Might be nice indeed. It also might cause the chat to flood when there are lots of people playing near each other.

Thats true, this game will be big so how are you going to see each individual pokemon each trainer is battling when there are even dozens of other trainers in the same spot? Therefore you either see a big blob of pokemon in 1 square or you dont get to see all of the pokemon, it could get confusing but it is a good idea.

Offline ECZP

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2010, 11:31:16 am »
Sorry for asking but, is it possible to make us see everything around us as if we were in the character we're controlling and can we get the ability to control the pokemon when we're in battle? if not then i feel it's kinda cliche cus it's like every other game. be it and emulator, by nintendo, an mmo whatever! cus if it wants to stand out then why not do something like a Virtual world like the pokemon show except that it's a game?

Offline Gammal

• Contributor
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2010, 11:57:41 am »
Sorry for asking but, is it possible to make us see everything around us as if we were in the character we're controlling and can we get the ability to control the pokemon when we're in battle? if not then i feel it's kinda cliche cus it's like every other game. be it and emulator, by nintendo, an mmo whatever! cus if it wants to stand out then why not do something like a Virtual world like the pokemon show except that it's a game?
I see what you are getting at, but that would really require some 3D action to make it fun, Alais has however made a post about a new battling system, one which takes it all a step towards the anime style.

You can find the post here: http://pokemon-universe.com/index.php/topic,906.msg11200.html#msg11200

Offline Killer2k9

• Beginning Trainer
  • Release LilWayne ;)
    • View Profile
    • www.goallineblitz.com
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2010, 05:34:34 pm »

If you joined them in battle 2 on 1, common sense the two ppl will have the upper hand.