* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: [Quest] Extincion due Drought  (Read 6267 times)

Offline Yume Tsuki

• Pixel Artist
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • (/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art page
[Quest] Extincion due Drought
« on: May 12, 2011, 11:37:29 PM »
You'll start this quest in a desert near a exhumation by talking to an archeologist.

Oh hello there, you seem like a decent Pokémon Trainer. Would you mind helping me out with something?

> Sure, why not?
> Sorry, I'm busy...

Thank you! We just made an amazing discovery. But before we can continue investigating we need some information. You see, we just found out is that this desert was once a large forest. We can prove it with the plant fossils we found containing prints of plants which can't possibly survive in a arid place like this. Now we need some examples from the jungle near the desert to continue our research. But the Pokémon there are very territorial, and nobody in our camp has strong Pokémon that can protect us from any attacks. So would you mind being my bodygaurd?

> Why not? I would like to help out.
> I have to make some preparations first.

If you say the green line the Man will follow you, If you go somewhere else than the way to the forest the guy will say:

Oh, you still have some preparations to make? I'll be waiting at the camp, talk to me when you're ready.

And walks back to the camp.
If you say the red line he will say the same staying in place.

When you make your way into the Jungle you'll have to look for three places for the guy to get some samples for the fossils they found. You'll find a lot of wild Pokémon here and the three places you'll get a sample contain strong wild Pokémon you have to defeat after each defeated Pokémon the guy wil walk forward and take some plant samples with him. These are the three texts the guy will say:

Ah, there's a perfect sample.
I need two more samples.

Oh, that sample looks perfect.
I need one more sample and then we can leave.

There it is! The last sample I needed.

Thanks to you I could gather all samples. You'll deserve a good reward.

After this you'll lead him out of the jungle back to the camp. He goes into his tent, then he comes back out of his tent.

I don't really have much I can reward you with, but I hope this will do. It's a Skull Fossil. Don't worry, we've found a lot of these around here. It's probably a Pokémon from ancient times that lived in the jungle that was once here.

Here you'll recieve a fossil containing Cranidos. I based the quest upon the pokédex entry where was said it lived in the jungle.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 09:41:28 AM by Yukimenoko »

Claiming that someone else's marriage is against your religion is like being angry at someone for eating a doughnut because you're on a diet.

Offline Wire

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: [Quest] Extincion due Drought
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 11:39:59 PM »
Best one I've heard  and I don't normally say that.

Offline shadowbt

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 01:12:15 AM »
This quest has been thought out and you put in a lot of detail.Its ready to be put in game.Oo I've been noticing a lot of quests about fossils lately.At least this quest is heading in a different direction.
All things come in good time.

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
  • I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 04:22:25 AM »
The grammar could use a good brushing up, but overall it's a good quest.
Though, for rare pokemon, such as the "extinct" brand, there should be a good sized chain of quests you must complete before getting the fossil and/or egg.

Offline Yume Tsuki

• Pixel Artist
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • (/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art page
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 09:42:22 AM »
Fixed up the grammar a bit. ~

Claiming that someone else's marriage is against your religion is like being angry at someone for eating a doughnut because you're on a diet.

Offline luaz

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
    • http://stark.forumeiros.net/
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 09:48:05 AM »
My translator also want to let the grammar :D

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2011, 11:25:06 AM »
Not bad I would say :) That should not be too difficult to implement.

And brushing the G&S;

You'll start this quest in a desert near a exhumation by talking to an archeologist.

Oh hello there, you seem like a decent Pokémon Trainer. Would you mind helping me out with something?

> Sure, why not?
> Sorry, I'm busy...

Thank you! We just made an amazing discovery. But before we can continue investigating we need some information. You see, we just found out is that this desert was once a large forest. We can prove it with the plant fossils we found containing prints of plants which can't possibly survive in an arid place like this. Now we need some examples from the jungle near the desert to continue our research. But the Pokémon there are very territorial, and nobody in our camp has strong Pokémon that can protect us from any attacks. So would you mind being my bodyguard?

> Why not? I would like to help out.
> I have to make some preparations first.

If you say the green line the Man will follow you, If you go somewhere else than the way to the forest the guy will say:

Oh, you still have some preparations to make? I'll be waiting at the camp, talk to me when you're ready.

And walks back to the camp.
If you say the red line he will say the same staying in place.

When you make your way into the jungle you'll have to look for three places for the guy to get some samples for the fossils they found. You'll find a lot of wild Pokémon here and in each of the three places where you'll get a sample, there are strong wild Pokémon that you will have to defeat. After each defeated Pokémon, the guy will walk forward and take some plant samples with him. These are the three texts the guy will say:

Ah, there's a perfect sample.
I need two more samples.

Oh, that sample looks perfect.
I need one more sample and then we can leave.

There it is! The last sample I needed.

Thanks to you I could gather all samples. You'll deserve a good reward.

After this you'll lead him out of the jungle back to the camp. He goes into his tent, then he comes back out of his tent.

I don't really have much I can reward you with, but I hope this will do. It's a Skull Fossil. Don't worry, we've found a lot of these around here. It's probably a Pokémon from ancient times that lived in the jungle that was once here.

Here you'll recieve a fossil containing Cranidos. I based the quest upon the pokédex entry where was said it lived in the jungle.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Declan_23

• Quest/NPC Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2011, 11:32:35 AM »
Seeing as I don't know what Crandos is, I have no idea how rare it should be. However, if it is deemed rare, then this would make an excellent opening to a chain of quests. The only problem I have is the man following you (I don't know if NPCs can be made to follow) but I'm sure we can work around it :)

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2011, 11:34:14 AM »
Declan, you don't even have to make the NPC really follow. You could do it so that as soon as you enter the last part of the forest (go through the entrance of the last part), the NPC appears behind you and the rest is easy.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....

Offline Declan_23

• Quest/NPC Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2011, 11:36:51 AM »
As I said:
I'm sure we can work around it :)

Offline Viper

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • The One and Only
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2011, 02:00:34 PM »
Cranidos is as rare as any other fossil pokemon Declan. However it might be not as rare because in pearl and diamond you can get more than one if you spend time underground mining for it.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2011, 02:17:08 PM »
Yes, I know Declan, I was just sparing you the trouble of 'working around it' :P

zylonnick

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2011, 03:40:08 PM »
Sounds like a good quest to me. Like Declan (and Jerry) said, you can simply work around the (possible) issues with the NPC.

Offline Safur

• Beginning Trainer
  • The 15 years old RP'er
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2011, 11:35:35 AM »
What about getting two fossils and you have to give one to the aergelogist.
Then you can get either Shieldon or Cranidos.
Let's just have fun on the forum, until the game is released!