* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 am]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 am]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 am]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 am]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 am]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 pm]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 pm]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 pm]

Author Topic: A Quest Idea.  (Read 4389 times)

Offline Mr. Fox

• Good Trainer
  • The name's Fox, Mr. Fox
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Cave.
A Quest Idea.
« on: May 14, 2011, 02:50:09 am »
With all the new quest ideas, most of them are just battle a few trainers, get a reward. *Yawn* I have an Idea, I don't know what to call it, and it needs work.

So your character walks into a building, up to the person that starts the quest. They ask you if you are a trainer. You can say yes or no. If yes he asks if you could help him. His brother is in another town and he can't get there, he wants you to take a letter to him. If you say yes he gives you the letter.

You get to the town that the person's brother is in, get to his house, but he is out. You ask around town and find out that he likes to hang around in the woods/cave/where ever there are pokemon in the area. You go there and look around, you find him and give him the letter. You go to leave and return to his brother to let him know, when the brother runs up to you and asks you if you have ever heard of fossil pokemon. If you say no, he will tell you a bit about them, if yes, he will be surprised. He will tell you that there is a shrine deeper in. He says that if you can get there and retrieve a fossil for him he will give you a reward.

You say yes and a new part of the forest/cave opens up to you. You get to the cave and find a large temple like structure. You go through, getting a few rare items, when you get to the alter room you find nothing but drawings of the fossils. You go back and tell the brother that there are no fossils there. He is disappointed and gives you an Amulet Coin(could be what ever you want.) to make up for you lost time. He tells you to give a parcel to his brother back in the other town. You head back to the starting person and give him the parcel. He looks in and is shocked. He tells you that his brother enclosed a map to a cave. Because he has no pokemon he gives you the map.

Now you can take the map to a person that has been blocking a cave claiming to be looking for a map to the cave. When you talk to him, he will see your map and ask to use it. If you give it to him, he will run into the cave and won't return till the next day. The next day when he is outside the cave again, he will tell you that he found a large cavern with fossils every where. This now opens the cave to you to explore and now you can get one fossil once a day.

So what do you guys think?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 03:01:47 am by The Fox »

Offline Fantom

• Beginning Trainer
  • Pika Pikachu
    • View Profile
Re: A Quest Idea.
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 03:11:19 am »
one fossil a day ? So in about 2 weeks everyone have all the fossil........

Offline Mr. Fox

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Cave.
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2011, 03:19:20 am »
its and idea. Like i said it needs work... any one willing to help me make it better?

Offline PkMn Trainer Black

• Good Trainer
  • Everyone's changing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2011, 03:46:45 am »
one fossil a day ? So in about 2 weeks everyone have all the fossil........

He never said that it was always going to be different.

Ex: The game is out. This idea was implented. you get the fossil you never wanted. The next day, you get the same fossil again. this could continue.

There should be a percentage of each fossil, Areodactyl and Archen being the lowest, if this was implented.
Even if one person steales waht you deserve, your reward will be even better than the last if you head down the right path.

Showdown Username: Shining Darkness

Offline Mr. Fox

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Cave.
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2011, 03:59:30 am »
have you played emerald? I was thinking that you go in, grab one, then the rest fall down...

Offline PkMn Trainer Black

• Good Trainer
  • Everyone's changing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2011, 04:07:39 am »
Unfortunately, no. I'm still considered a "new trainer" by everyone in my district that plays Pokemanz. The only game of the series i've ever play and own is Diamond. and i'm stuck on that because I can't get any other pokemon w/o GBA or AR. and I don't have either. *makes sadface*
Even if one person steales waht you deserve, your reward will be even better than the last if you head down the right path.

Showdown Username: Shining Darkness

Offline shadowbt

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2011, 04:21:37 am »
no offence but I don't like the idea of getting a fossil every day.It just makes it to easy.Maybe you could get one and the rest fall like in the game,as someone suggested.
All things come in good time.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2011, 04:10:35 pm »
If you say no, he will tell you a bit about them

Does this imply that the quest is cancelled right here? Or that it's just another way to continue the quest? You have to elaborate well when you branch off paths.

but they are just illusions.

I don't know if that is possible to be made ingame... maybe make them be old drawings on the wall of the cave instead, and not actual fossils. And in that paragraph and the quest, be consistent when it concerns the fossil or fossil pokemon. Those are different things.

I would not mind the crumbling of the roof for that issue of everyday fossil.

And shadowbt, it was Fox who wrote that quest and suggested that the rest fall XD
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Mr. Fox

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Cave.
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2011, 02:58:53 am »
If you say no, he will tell you a bit about them

Does this imply that the quest is cancelled right here? Or that it's just another way to continue the quest? You have to elaborate well when you branch off paths.

but they are just illusions.

I don't know if that is possible to be made ingame... maybe make them be old drawings on the wall of the cave instead, and not actual fossils. And in that paragraph and the quest, be consistent when it concerns the fossil or fossil pokemon. Those are different things.

I would not mind the crumbling of the roof for that issue of everyday fossil.

And shadowbt, it was Fox who wrote that quest and suggested that the rest fall XD
Thanks for the help clearing things up. For the first one I meant that he could tell you what fossils are. And I like your idea of making the fossils drawings.
Edit: I cleared up what you pointed out.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 03:02:25 am by The Fox »

Offline Hank

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2011, 03:20:05 am »
Why is everyone just brushing off my quest? D:
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 03:22:42 am by LittlePony »

Offline Safur

• Beginning Trainer
  • The 15 years old RP'er
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2011, 01:03:24 pm »
Come on, I think you shouldn't even be able to get all the fossils, but you are suggesting you could get plenty of the same fossil.

Like you have to chose between Kabuto, Omanyte and Tirtouga.
You chose either Anorith or Lileep.
Maybe either Archen or Aerodactyl.
And Shieldon or Cranidos.

It would be much more fun to see trainers with there favorite fossils, in stead of all fossils.
Let's just have fun on the forum, until the game is released!