* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 am]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 am]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 am]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 am]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 am]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 pm]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 pm]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 pm]

Author Topic: Become a Balance Tester!  (Read 18948 times)

Offline MasterPat3

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: Become a Balance Tester!
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2011, 11:13:09 am »
Name: MasterPat3

Favourite Pokemon: Lucario

How much competitive battling experience do you have? Almost everyday I play a Pokemon battle against anyone who wants to, doesn't matter if they're halfway around the world! I have also competed in some Pokemon comps.

How much do you know of each Pokemon? I know every single Pokemon of the first 4 generations. Still making my way through the 5th generation, but I got most of them.

Do you know names and types? Cool! But it'd be better if you knew their movepool and competitive sets.

How's your maths? A+(I confess, absolute geek)

Bet you're wishing you passed that last exam.

Why do you think you would be useful when testing the PU metagame? I am very experienced in the Pokemon genre. I know every move (excluding some 5th gen moves) and how stats affect the power of the move. I understand the calculations that affect those moves.

Why do you think we should pick you? I may be young, but I am sure experience with Pokemon and techno stuff. I'd love the opportunity to help out and get this game in it's beta as soon as possible. I am willing to dedicate a lot of my time to this project.

What changes do you think should be made to the current metagame? Mainly balance of power, which I am more than happy to contribute my time to. Other than that, it is a very promising game and can't wait for it to come out.

Do you think there are big balance concerns in standard Pokemon? Do you hate Stealth Rock? Tell us here!

There are a few balance concerns, some major, but can be easily discovered and fixed. I find Stealth Rock annoying when my opponent uses it, but I laugh like the devil when I use it :)

Please consider me. And if not, thats ok, I will keep an eye out for other opportunities to help.

Offline senkai

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2011, 02:49:20 pm »
Name: Senkai (Jonathon)

Favourite Pokemon: Espeon :P
How much competitive battling experience do you have? Play almost everyday through wi-fi and have also competed in some Pokemon Competitions!
How much do you know of each Pokemon? Know every Pokemon from 1st gen to 4th gen :P remember some 5th gen.
Do you know names and types? Cool! But it'd be better if you knew their movepool and competitive sets.
How's your maths? B+...parents might kill me now.

Why do you think you would be useful when testing the PU metagame? I've experienced almost all Main Pokemon games (and played many MMOs). I know how the Pokemons stats affect the Power of the moves as well.

Why do you think we should pick you? I think you guys should pick me because I'm very experienced with Pokemon. I've always liked to play MMOs and stuff in beta just to test out and tell some friends to play which could earn you some more players in the future.

What changes do you think should be made to the current metagame?
Do you think there are big balance concerns in standard Pokemon? Do you hate Stealth Rock? Tell us here!
What? standard series? They should probably add combo moves but with a more selectable choice instead of those 'oath' moves from black and white.

I don't know what else to type so I'm ending it here! I hope you guys pick me!

Offline TrainerX

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2011, 03:09:48 pm »
Name: TrainerX/Obamasnow/Trystan

Favourite Pokemon:
Competitive-wise, probably Swampert because he can be an awesome tank if you use him right.
How much competitive battling experience do you have?
I'm still kind of new to this, but I'm learning. My knowledge of competitive battling has improved a a lot since I started. I go on PO a lot, and I learn a lot from battling the smarter people on there.
How much do you know of each Pokemon?
I'm not very familiar with the Gen V pokemon, but I do know some of the stats for the first four generations. I know some of their movepools, and I'm learning with competitive sets. I can quickly Google movepools and sets though, so that shouldn't be too much of a problem. However, I'm still getting used to this, so I might have some trouble with figuring out if certain pokemon are overpowered, but I'm actually finding it a little bit easier for me to do that every few days.
How's your maths?
I'm pretty good with math, and I can do a lot of problems in my head. I don't think I've ever gotten lower than a B+ in math(I'm actually not sure if I've ever gotten a grade as low as a B+).
Actually, I did :P
Why do you think you would be useful when testing the PU metagame?
Why do you think we should pick you?
I have more knowledge of competitive battling some of new members who are posting here do(I'm not saying that I'm better than everyone else, or that I know everything about competitive battling, since I'm still kind of new to this), and I don't think that watching the show, or beating the games means that you're good at competitive battling. I also understand that there's a big difference between competitive battling and just beating the Elite Four.
What changes do you think should be made to the current metagame?
There are too many pokemon that aren't used, even though they would have the potential to be good pokemon if there stats and sets were better. There are a lot of overpowered pokemon, and that also needs to change.
I don't really like Stealth Rock, and I never run it. It's overpowered though, and it shouldn't be as powerful as it is right now.

Offline Level5Pidgey

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • Use Gust!
    • View Profile
    • Pidgey's Philosophical Game Design
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2011, 03:28:44 pm »
Apps closed!
Good luck everyone!

If you don't get a place - don't despair!
We will be expanding the user base regularly, and you will be the first people on our list when we do!

Thanks for all the applications!
Read my Game Design Blog!

And that one, lone, distressed flying Krabby went on to become the most powerful being in the Universe.