* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: hire a breeder  (Read 12202 times)

Offline deadae

• Normal Trainer
  • Deadae is here!
    • View Profile
    • facebook
hire a breeder
« on: July 08, 2011, 04:14:31 AM »
there are pokemon so i suppose there will be breeders not just for eggs but help raising pokemon. some ppl like me will pay certain ppl to raise pokemon a certain way... like im studying the flying type so i will be raising them all myself but i want a balanced team that i will pay somone to raise. this thread is to hire a breeder before hand so any breeders please post and tell what pokemon u are willing to raise or how many hours u will raise an individual trainers pokemon....please and thank you i really need a breeder
Rakia(Ra-kie-ya) Deadae(D-A-day)
"I came to win, to fight, to conquer, to thrive!
I came to win, to survive, to prosper, to rise...
To fly!"

zylonnick

Re: hire a breeder
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 08:26:28 AM »
Raising your pokémon in the correct way will become easier with the skill trees they want to implent. It wil take some longer to level your pokémon, though. I'm raising my pokémon myself, so I can make them them way I want them to be, and have the fun levelling them. Maybe you could give this a try too, before making a breedingsection for a game that hasen't even released an open béta.

Offline genbor

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • If you die, don't come crying to me about it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 11:13:22 AM »
 I agree with Ponge, and I also have to say that the whole point of the game is to raise your Pokémon. Just think about it, isn't it way more fun to win with a Pokémon that you spent hours on raising? Besides, I think they are making it so that the higher level a trainer is, the easier it will be to raise your Pokémon.
It's ghost dammit, GHOST!

Offline Flynt

• Balance Tester
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 12:41:55 PM »
its fun raising pokemon.thats what pokemon games are about.

Offline Yume Tsuki

• Pixel Artist
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • (/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art page
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2011, 01:11:32 PM »
As for the MMORPG will out, there's no special training needed for Pokémon since we want trainers to enjoy the metagame as well as PvP... Otherwise we get a seperate line between metagamers and PvP gamers. Just take the Pokémon you like. :)

Since all Pokémon will be balanced so there won't be any Pokémon that are stronger or weaker than the rest.

Claiming that someone else's marriage is against your religion is like being angry at someone for eating a doughnut because you're on a diet.

Offline Kamaran

• Lead Mapper
  • PU Team
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2011, 05:20:00 PM »
@Ponge: talent trees are scratched.
"Don't touch the poster at the Game Corner! There's no secret switch behind it!"

zylonnick

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2011, 05:22:33 PM »
@Ponge: talent trees are scratched.

Since when? Is there an alternative or just the old IV/EV-system?

Offline Kamaran

• Lead Mapper
  • PU Team
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2011, 05:29:43 PM »
Ask L5P
"Don't touch the poster at the Game Corner! There's no secret switch behind it!"

Offline Annafu

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2011, 08:49:30 PM »
Having some players be breeders is still a viable option though. I love the breeding aspect of the game for natures, IV, and movesets. So its possible to still hire a breeder for a good pokemon to start training.

zylonnick

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2011, 09:04:12 PM »
Having some players be breeders is still a viable option though. I love the breeding aspect of the game for natures, IV, and movesets. So its possible to still hire a breeder for a good pokemon to start training.

That might be true, but the game isn't even finished yet, so this isn't necessary to already talk about.

Offline Level5Pidgey

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • Use Gust!
    • View Profile
    • Pidgey's Philosophical Game Design
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2011, 02:26:47 AM »
IVs are in.

EVs will be in statistically - as in, you will be able to get those 127 stat points that you would in the games.

We just haven't sorted out how.

I think a stat upping system when you level will be the easiest way... but... we're open to more ideas.
We just don't want that "KILL X FOR Y EV" system that's in now.
Read my Game Design Blog!

And that one, lone, distressed flying Krabby went on to become the most powerful being in the Universe.

Offline deadae

• Normal Trainer
  • Deadae is here!
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2011, 02:34:09 AM »
all that aside i only have three hours a day to play and im personally raising one of every flying type myself i dont have time to raise my balanced team or my other five pokemon so i would feel better establishing a breeder and a price now and i want to get to know the person who will be raising my pokemon i personally think its never to late to hire someone who does nothing but play internet games all day to assisst raising pokemon... plus i may not be ablle to play the game for afew months after it comes out so i''ll have a late start on raising anything if u think this isn't needed then dont post i personally think it will make my situation easier i just need ateam im not so dedicated to becaus i have to rais one of every flying type for my guild and im doing that myself
Rakia(Ra-kie-ya) Deadae(D-A-day)
"I came to win, to fight, to conquer, to thrive!
I came to win, to survive, to prosper, to rise...
To fly!"

Offline Wrathes

• Normal Trainer
  • DO NOT DISTURB
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2011, 06:31:42 AM »
While we are talking about Ev's atm or so, wouldn't it be better as you progress through battling and quests, you gain "EV" points which can be distributed and redistributed and having the max of EV points at (w/e the amount you can have in total)?
So take like.. battle, the EV point gained is given to pokemons that has been taken out battle
quest: select the pokemon you wish to give EV points to.
(if you think this can be a seperate topic itself within this post, feel free to make do it)

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2011, 08:04:48 AM »
all that aside i only have three hours a day to play and im personally raising one of every flying type myself i dont have time to raise my balanced team or my other five pokemon so i would feel better establishing a breeder and a price now and i want to get to know the person who will be raising my pokemon i personally think its never to late to hire someone who does nothing but play internet games all day to assisst raising pokemon... plus i may not be ablle to play the game for afew months after it comes out so i''ll have a late start on raising anything if u think this isn't needed then dont post i personally think it will make my situation easier i just need ateam im not so dedicated to becaus i have to rais one of every flying type for my guild and im doing that myself

Then what you really need is a battle simulator and not a game.

While we are talking about Ev's atm or so, wouldn't it be better as you progress through battling and quests, you gain "EV" points which can be distributed and redistributed and having the max of EV points at (w/e the amount you can have in total)?
So take like.. battle, the EV point gained is given to pokemons that has been taken out battle
(if you think this can be a seperate topic itself within this post, feel free to make do it)

Or perhaps some feature which enables someone to re-distribute EVs? It might be too easy on another side, I know though, and maybe to remedy to this, make it less accessible? (while still keeping the current system of how EVs are alocated to pokemon)
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline genbor

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • If you die, don't come crying to me about it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2011, 12:37:42 PM »

I think that gaining distributable EVs is a pretty good idea. It would be just like in any other MMOs. No need to complicate it with gaining the max EV from a battle and using those.

I was also thinking maybe we could try the Dungeons and Dragons type of leveling, where Stat changes (in our case EVs) only occur in a pattern of levels.

Ex: Level 1: You gain a few EVs to spend on your Pokémon.
       Level 2: Normal leveling. (The most you could gain at this level is a new move.)
       Level 3: Normal leveling.
       Level 4: You gain a few EVs to spend on your Pokémon.

Another option could be how the EVs are connected to the Trainer's level. Each level the Trainer gains enough experience in raising Pokémon, that he can distribute some EVs to each of his Pokémon. At the highest Trainer level, he could distribute the highest amount of EVs to his Pokémon.

While this might make lower level Pokémon in that Trainer's possession. Overpowering to other lower level Pokémon of a beginner Trainer, it would show some results for all the experience the high level Trainer has in raising Pokémon. Well I'm just brainstorming...

Hmm this is getting off topic...
It's ghost dammit, GHOST!