* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Poke Banner  (Read 4115 times)

Offline Ez

• Good Trainer
  • Pikaderp
    • View Profile
    • My Banner Thread
Poke Banner
« on: July 20, 2011, 11:14:31 PM »
Eh i don't really like how it turned out but it's my first one so ill get a lot better and hopefully start doing request. If your good at photoshop please give me some pointers and everyone else just tell me your opinions  :)

Here's my second attempt and i personally like it a lot better. ;D

« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 02:11:20 AM by Ez »
It's over 9000!

zylonnick

Re: Poke Banner
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 11:23:37 PM »
it looks great, good job!!!

Offline Ez

• Good Trainer
  • Pikaderp
    • View Profile
    • My Banner Thread
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 11:41:54 PM »
it looks great, good job!!!

Thanks  :o Idk the over all quality isn't good for me i was going for a legit look but i need a tut or help making shapes. Basically i really need to learn how to use that d*mn pen tool.
It's over 9000!

Offline Annafu

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 12:53:15 AM »
I don't know what techniques you used, but it looks like a masking job. Which, if it is, is a very well done masking job. :] I think all of the individual elements in this look very good, but I think what be causing your dislike is the actual design of how everything is put together. The trainer and darkrai in the foreground are a good focus, but the pokemon in the background look a lil mushed together, and this makes the whole thing look very busy; especially on a white background. The "Ez" part also looks a little thrown together. The transparent effect and gradient are very well done, but the placement seems a little off to me. Maybe if it were lower and a tad more to the left?
Sorry if this is a harsh critique, but if you need help, especially with the pen tool, let me know. ^^;;

Offline Ez

• Good Trainer
  • Pikaderp
    • View Profile
    • My Banner Thread
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 01:16:15 AM »
I don't know what techniques you used, but it looks like a masking job. Which, if it is, is a very well done masking job. :] I think all of the individual elements in this look very good, but I think what be causing your dislike is the actual design of how everything is put together. The trainer and darkrai in the foreground are a good focus, but the pokemon in the background look a lil mushed together, and this makes the whole thing look very busy; especially on a white background. The "Ez" part also looks a little thrown together. The transparent effect and gradient are very well done, but the placement seems a little off to me. Maybe if it were lower and a tad more to the left?
Sorry if this is a harsh critique, but if you need help, especially with the pen tool, let me know. ^^;;

Not harsh at all this is what i look for in critiques. And thanks for the pointers i have a new idea ill post here when i'm done it should look better. Let me know what you think when i post it.
It's over 9000!

Offline Ez

• Good Trainer
  • Pikaderp
    • View Profile
    • My Banner Thread
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2011, 02:11:43 AM »

What do you think of my new one?
It's over 9000!

Offline Annafu

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2011, 02:55:39 AM »
That new one looks much better! My only pet peeve is that it looks like the grey boxes are falling off the left side xD This happens when there isn't a border, but if you don't want to add a border you can also just move the pokemon over to the right a little bit. Maybe line up the left pokemon with the E of Ez?
But like I said, just a personal thing. xD Overall, fantasticly better. :]

Offline Ez

• Good Trainer
  • Pikaderp
    • View Profile
    • My Banner Thread
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2011, 03:17:22 AM »
That new one looks much better! My only pet peeve is that it looks like the grey boxes are falling off the left side xD This happens when there isn't a border, but if you don't want to add a border you can also just move the pokemon over to the right a little bit. Maybe line up the left pokemon with the E of Ez?
But like I said, just a personal thing. xD Overall, fantasticly better. :]

Thanks and thats actually what i was going for i wanted it to look like it was coming out from the left side so no border
It's over 9000!