* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 am]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 am]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 am]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 am]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 am]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 pm]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 pm]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 pm]

Author Topic: [RP] For the Greater Good  (Read 12852 times)

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
[RP] For the Greater Good
« on: July 23, 2011, 05:37:06 am »
chansey frenchfry whining for me to make an RP. So here:

A new law has been passed at a global level. All issues involving goverment, parliament, or politics in general, must have completely secular views, banning religion from having any influence on a country.

The religions of the world combined under a single god to rebel against this, to retake religion as the main source of goverment power; Temple of the Black Light.
Since then, the hierarchy of the Temple has been working from the underground, managing and planning to regain control.

The goverment disregarded the Temple as a meaningless threat, and moved on to different matters.
Deciding that they refused to be taken lightly, the followers of the Black Light took it upon themselves to have themselves be noticed again, aquiring explosives, and driving them under a shopping mall on a busy saturday morning.

The RP will begin minutes before the this event, with the detonator in hand of the(self proclaimed)Grand Imperial Monarch of the Temple of the Black Light.
Each RP'er will choose a faction; the goverment, who is attempting to enforce the laws that have been given, or the Temple of the Black Light, a rebel group of guerilla freedom fighters, people who believe they are being opressed under a totalitarian rule.

Skeletons are as follows:

Username:
RP name"
Faction:
Personality:
Bio:
Image:

PM me with your applications, I'll try to have an even number on both sides, so I'll probably post them in pairs.

JerryEDIT: Approved :)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 05:48:37 pm by Jerry »
The thrill in playing a game does not come from our chances of winning. It is the weight and pressure of losing that fuels our fascination. It is why people challenge, why they gamble and why they compete. The adrenaline that comes from defying defeat is what motivates us.

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
  • I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants.
    • View Profile
Re: [RP] For the Greater Good
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 05:23:44 am »
Chernobog examined the mall in front of him closely. Several stories tall, highly populated. Nothing better to set an example of the Temple of the Black Light's ferocity. his gaze then turned to an older figure approaching him. The man's bald head had an intricate black ring tattooed upon it. He was a messenger of Black Light.
"Grand Imperial Monarch Chernobog."
"What is it, old man?"

Chernobog towered over the messenger, as he did with most people. His dark armor added at least three inches to his profile as well, sending the very simple message, A giant walks among you.

"The Minister's fire is being kindled in the profligate's forest."
"Excellent. Inform me when the flames are ready to be fanned."

The messenger bowed and moved away, disappearing into the crowd. Chernobog reached to his waist, resting his hand on the detonator for the semtex being driven under the mall by the warriors of the Black Light.

Soon... Very soon...

Offline St. Jimmy

• Normal Trainer
  • "I'm doing stuff, Hershel. Thaanggss."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 09:53:38 pm »
  Joseph walked with the average crowd at the mall. Under his sunglasses, his eyes were fixed on a tall figure with dark armor.  At his waist he saw the detonator, the mans fingers resting on it. Ready to blow the place sky high...

Joseph reached for his cell and dialed.  He spoke in a hushed tone.
  "I see the man with the detonator, tall and wearing dark armor."
  "Disable the detonator, or the man, as quickly as possible."
  "Yes, sir."

He vanished into the sea of people, keeping his eyes fixed on the tall man.
sup

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 11:22:05 pm »
Chernobog searched lazily through the crowd around him. They were so carefree, so... unsuspecting. In only a few minutes they would be scrambling in fear of the Temple of the Black Light.

Suddenly, he noticed someone different. A raven-haired man in a blue suit was approaching him through the ocean of profligates. Chernobog hid the detonator beneath his cape, moving his other hand to the sword sheathed on his back, concealed by the cape.

Offline St. Jimmy

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 04:08:55 am »
  It appears Mr. Medieval has noticed me.  I can't let him become suspicious.

Joseph walked away to meet with another agent.

"Have you located the Temple of Black Light cult members?"
  "Yes, the SWAT team is on their way."
  "Perfect."

He walked back to where the the man in black armor was, being careful to stay out of his point of view.  Reaching his hand into his coat pocket, he pulled out a long tube of knockout gas.  He opened it and rolled it to the knights feet, and in seconds the gas became a large grayish-green cloud.
sup

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 04:48:31 am »
Chernobog held his breath, blinded by the smoke surrounding him. His hand still gripping his concealed blade, he rushed out of the gas, searching wildly for the raven haired man.

"Warriors! To me!"

Several soldiers of Black Light emerged from the Profligates, Most brandishing weapons such as knives or hammers. Chernobog spotted the assassin among the crowd.

"Why do you interfere, Profligate? It will only earn you death."

Offline Hank

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2011, 06:47:51 am »
Bastion sits down on a bench near two agents watching them intently. Then he glances over at Chernobog and his crew.

These are not your average cos-players
He snickers.

He awaits patiently on a bench as some freaked out civilians rush out of the mall.

Offline St. Jimmy

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2011, 09:38:26 pm »
  "You think you can justify your cause by blowing up this mall, do you? Ending the lives of hundreds of people who do not deserve to be harmed.  You're nothing but terrorists."

Joseph pulled his pistol out of his coat and put it to the mans head.

"You tell your buddies below us to call off the explosives, and don't think you can just kill me and get away. You're surrounded."
sup

Offline TrainerX

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2011, 10:06:24 pm »
 Cecil waited in anticipation for the explosion. He had seen a lot of stuff blow up before. But he had never seen a mall blow up before. As he waited, he noticed a man walking towards Chernogbog. The man pulled a pistol out of his coat and pointed it at Chernobog's head. He noticed some men closing in on the small group of warriors behind Chernobog. Cecil tried not to attract attention as he slowly advanced towards the men. A man ran to Cecil's side, and started trying to convince him to buy something stupid. He ignored the salesman, who followed him, trying to get Cecil to listen. People were staring now. Cecil pulled out a dagger, spun, and cut the man's throat with his blade in one quick motion. The people around him screamed and ran into the huge crowd. Cecil continued towards the group without even acknowledging the people that yelled at him angrily as he pushed them out of his way.

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2011, 10:43:30 pm »
Chernobog shook his head laughing slightly.

"'Justify our cause'? Our cause needs no justification, Profligate. This is merely... a demonstration. A lesson in the pain that will become you, should you continue to oppose the Black Light."

The messenger from earlier emerged from the crowd surrounding the agent and the Black Light warriors. The old man approached Chernobog, whispering to him.
"The flames are ready to be fanned, Grand Imperial Monarch."

Chernobog released the grip on his sword, returning his other hand to the detonator at his hip.
"Well, agent, despite your haphazard efforts, it would appear as if our time together is at an end."
Removing the small, t-shaped object from his hip, Chernobog turned away from the mall, squeezing the trigger. The parking lot beneath the building was engulfed in a massive explosion in seconds, incinerating the foundation. The first three stories were also painted red and black in fire and smoke. It wouldn't be much longer until the entire building came down.

Chernobog walked away, accompanied closely by the Warriors of the Black Light.
"Farewell, raven-haired soldier."
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 10:49:20 pm by Frenchfry »

Offline Hank

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2011, 10:58:14 pm »
Bastion hears the screams of more civilians when a mans throat was cut. His eyes then follows the man that people seem to have been giving mixed emotions to.
"What the hell just happened?!"
One middle aged man yelled.
" Is that man okay?"
One young teenage girl asked stunned.

Bastion shifts uncomfortably

I knew this would happen but it still shakes me..

He stood up quickly and ran down the hall shoving through people shouting "Run! Run!"
A loud boom echoed thereafter and he popped open a window with his suitcase.

Offline St. Jimmy

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2011, 11:20:50 pm »
  Chaos erupted in the shopping mall.  The air clouded with debris, smoke, and ash.  Joseph helped as many as he could, but when he noticed his own coat was on fire, he realized that he had to get out.

He managed to make it to the nearest exit when the firetrucks arrived.  They drenched the mall and the flames began to die down.Getting into his car, he drove back to the agency.
sup

Offline Desbear

• Soryboard Writer
  • PU Trial-Team
  • Elite Trainer
  • TRANSMISSION_FOUND
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2011, 12:24:09 am »
I get to the mall, i see the fire on the mall and it getting put out, i pull out a radio.This is James calling command, the mall just got blown up, what am i supposed to do now?
This is command, pursue the enemy.
Roger.
TRANSMISSION_END

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2011, 12:43:56 am »
People in the streets were giving Chernobog a wide berth, sometimes even walking into the street, as if getting too near the Warriors might poison them. One of the warriors approached him, walking by his side.
Grand Imperial Monarch, where are we going?
"WE aren't going anywhere. I am visiting our informant. The rest of YOU are returning to the lower Temple."
"B-but sir... why are we not accompanying you?"
Chernobog sighed. "Because, warrior. The informant is an asshole."

Offline Hank

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2011, 01:07:22 am »
Bastion runs out of the window simultaneously as firefighters open hydrants. He coughs softly and takes a deep breath.

Meh... we failed to keep the mall from exploding....god damn. I need a drink..

Bastion heads towards his car.

"Where was that bartender.... I think he's a few miles from here. Oh yeah..!

He starts up the engine and drives off.