* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 am]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 am]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 am]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 am]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 am]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 pm]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 pm]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 pm]

Author Topic: ['RP'] Digital Alchemy  (Read 17185 times)

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
Re: ['RP'] Digital Alchemy
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2011, 03:18:52 pm »
Joseph - Merge the spring and cog. I'll take the crowbar just in case...
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Hank

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2011, 06:22:57 pm »
use the plastic card to unlock it instead
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 06:28:04 pm by LittlePony »

Offline Level5Pidgey

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • Use Gust!
    • View Profile
    • Pidgey's Philosophical Game Design
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2011, 02:32:22 am »

"Okay," you say "How about that boat, spring and ball?"
"I'll give them a shot, sure." Leah replies.

She gathers up the items, and one by one analyses them with a handheld device, noting their IDs.
Finally, she pushes a few buttons on the device, and the items begin to glow.

There is a brilliant flash of light, and...

"Hmm... was this what you had in mind?" Leah asks.
"Not... really... no..." you reply.
"Okay, well... this was the best arrangement I could come up with."
"So you can control how they merge?"
"Well, if you have ideas on how to merge them yes."
"Well I sort of had an id-"
"Not so much like that... you need a strong idea - so much that it can be used as a resource. Like, sometimes after a fight, or after carrying out some difficult task, you'll get a wave of inspiration that you'll want to use when you craft."
"That's kind of what the definition of an idea is isn't it?"
"Yes. Yes it is... well, enough metagaming, eh?"
Metagaming?

"At any rate, I don't think this will knock down the door for us. It's way too soft... I'll give it a go this time" Leah says, as she grabs a few more items.
"May I have your handcuffs?" she asks.
"Sure." you say, as you hand them over.
She puts them down, presses buttons on her device, and the flash of light occurs again.

"Okay, this should do it!" Leah beams.
She slips the cog over the door handle, and begins to pry at the door with the other end of the crowbar.
The combined force of the prying and pulling rips the handle free and breaks the door open.

"Excellent." Leah looks at her watch. "And with a minute to spare too! Let's go!"
She carries the flail into the next room.

Inventory:
  • 1x Plastic ID.
  • 2x 10-Sided Die

You gained 1x Idea! Ideas can be used to tell us how you want us to put items together.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 09:48:35 am by Level5Pidgey »
Read my Game Design Blog!

And that one, lone, distressed flying Krabby went on to become the most powerful being in the Universe.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2011, 06:56:31 pm »
Joseph - Okay, now that we're in the server room, do we do something like disconnecting everything?
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Level5Pidgey

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • Use Gust!
    • View Profile
    • Pidgey's Philosophical Game Design
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2011, 09:46:47 am »

You quickly grab your Inflatable Springboat, before walking into the next room with Leah.
"So, would unplugging the servers be a good use of our time or...?" you start.
Leah has that look on her face again - that 'Ohcrapwrongdoor' look. Servers don't seem to be your greatest concern right now.

"Another Mechanical Catalyst is here..." she says.
Mechanical... Catalyst... must be whoever's messing with the doors and where they lead... or at least  you guess. The words sound familiar.

"Okay, the guards are going to be here in about a minute and there's not much we can do about that - so we have to fight." Leah says.
"Let me give you a rundown of what we're up against - there's a Mechanical Catalyst like me around, and, they've obviously lead us here for a reason. If your brain is still not co-operating, Mechanical is the level at which this person manipulates the nanotechnology, and Catalyst is their method."
"Okay, so this person is manipulating our environment on the base level, like, with the nano-atoms?"
"Yes! Looks like you're coming back..."
"Thanks... but, still not 100% sure on the Catalyst though."
"A catalyst is a person who affects the battle in a supportive way - we make things happen, but often indirectly, for example - I might offer this Flailing Gear a temporary increase in damage, or I might move things around the battlefield to help our side."
"Gotcha."

"Along with Catalysts are Architects and Assailants. Architects craft objects primarily - like we did in the other room, but they are far better at it - also due to their wider knowledge on how these objects are comprised, they are far more effective at using them."
"Assailants must be guys who actually do the fighting, then - right?"
"Right! They focus more on physical strength, but still need a great understanding of manipulation techniques to defend themselves, and control the area around them."
"Okay I think I'm starting to get this now." you beam.
"Great, you're starting to sound like your old self." Leah says, "But, you still need to know, along with Mechanical, there are also people who run around using Chemistry and Transmogrification to fight."
"Go on..." you say, awaiting another long exposition.

"As said, I'm a Mechanical Catalyst, I treat the nanotechnology as raw machines and data - so I'm best at manipulating core data such as the atom's configuration, and core variables.
Then you have people who use this nantechnology as the atoms that they attempt to replace - you know, hydrogen, carbon, H2O - water, even creating chemical reactions such as fire - those are the Chems.
Finally Transmogrifiers, or 'Transmogs' for short, treat the tech as their final state - as a whole object, so they can change a table to have 5 legs, they can change a car to function as a woodchipper. They make the whole object differ in size, shape and function."

"Jesus..." you reply, this is really getting out of control. "Are people really doing these things?"
"And more. Digitisation revolutionised the way man can change the world - all you need are ideas an understanding, which is why, when they picked us out for our team's mission, they brought in someone like me who is a computers expert. I was no warrior, but I understood the nature of the world, and how to use it."
"So what else can you d--" you start, as the door in front of you starts to bang.

"Okay, they're here - get ready for a fight!" Leah exclaims.
"How am I supposed to do anything against these techno-wizards?!" you yelp, alarmed at the fact that you'll need to fight too.
Leah smirks, and then hands you the Flailing Gear.
"Take this too," she hands you a small pistol, it has a fairly large barrel, and fire designs all over it. "Just flip this little switch, point it, and pull the trigger, and it'll shoot a fireball for you. It's a weapon our old Chemical Architect made us."
"Awesome!" you grin.

The door keeps banging as the guards struggle to open it.
"Doors are like, a really ridiculous thing here aren't they?" you ask.
"Seems so," Leah replies "At any rate, this is a good time to make any last minute preparations"

You know there's *something* you can use to start off the battle in your favour, but all this talk of cyber-hackers and such has broken your focus. Remembering time now, what should you do to prepare for the battle?

Inventory:
  • 1x Plastic ID.
  • 2x 10-Sided Die
  • 1x Inflatable Springboat
  • 1x Flailing Gear
  • 1x FireArm

1x Idea
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 10:00:14 am by Level5Pidgey »
Read my Game Design Blog!

And that one, lone, distressed flying Krabby went on to become the most powerful being in the Universe.

Offline genbor

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • If you die, don't come crying to me about it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2011, 11:15:06 am »
Joseph- Place the Inflatable Springboat trap at the door, to knock them down when they barge in.
It's ghost dammit, GHOST!