* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 am]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 am]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 am]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 am]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 am]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 pm]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 pm]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 pm]

Author Topic: Amazing Pokemon Concept by SoupAndButter  (Read 9687 times)

Offline Ez

• Good Trainer
  • Pikaderp
    • View Profile
    • My Banner Thread
Amazing Pokemon Concept by SoupAndButter
« on: July 31, 2011, 05:16:58 am »
Well guys and gals of PU this is NOT my work but i really wanted to share these with you guys because this guy is talented and his air brush drawings of Pokemon are to me amazing. Kinda gives you an idea of what Pokemon could look like if they were real and it's not the cute little Pokes you see on the anime.

Artist Page - http://soupandbutter.deviantart.com/
Artist Gallery - http://soupandbutter.deviantart.com/gallery/24641359?offset=0

Here's some examples of his work
Typlosion

Muk

Milotic

He has many more go check em out in his gallery.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 03:39:04 pm by Ez »
It's over 9000!

Offline Flynt

• Balance Tester
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: Amazing Pokemon Concept by SoupAndButter
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 02:06:26 pm »
u r right Ez this guy is talented.i liked them all but milotic and typlosion were the best.

Offline Ez

• Good Trainer
  • Pikaderp
    • View Profile
    • My Banner Thread
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 03:14:44 pm »
u r right Ez this guy is talented.i liked them all but milotic and typlosion were the best.

i'm really liking the gastly one it's creepy as hell
It's over 9000!

Offline genbor

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • If you die, don't come crying to me about it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2011, 05:50:53 pm »
 I agree quite a few of them were really good, but in many cases I also felt it was showing too much. So while the artist aimed at realism, in my opinion the pictures still were a tad bit more morbid than what they should have been.
It's ghost dammit, GHOST!

Offline DarK_SouL

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2011, 06:04:19 pm »
I agree quite a few of them were really good, but in many cases I also felt it was showing too much. So while the artist aimed at realism, in my opinion the pictures still were a tad bit more morbid than what they should have been.
QFT

Like the flames on Typhlosions back, or milotics red.
Friend DarkerSou1 on Xbox Live, tell me who you is tho.

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
  • I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2011, 07:30:06 pm »
"a tad"? They looked like failed experiments or something. The artist is talented, yes, but the morbidity was way overboard. Mr. Mime looked like it was in pain and needed to be put down.

Offline TrainerX

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2011, 07:56:37 pm »
I liked the Typhlosion one, I can't even find the right word for Muk, and Milotic should have looked a bit more graceful I guess. Not like in the anime, but it's supposed to be a graceful and majestic pokemon. I would have been completely fine with it if it didn't look like some kind of sea-monster. It's still pretty good though. It sort of reminds me of those mermaids in the fourth Harry Potter book.

Offline Ez

• Good Trainer
  • Pikaderp
    • View Profile
    • My Banner Thread
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2011, 11:10:33 pm »
Like i said it's a different concept, if it looked to similar to the actual Pokemon then i wouldn't care about them and this topic would have never been posted idk but i just find how they look incredible! I'm probably just having a nerd moment but w/e  ;D. Also if you don't have a Dev account then you wont be able to see Nidoqueen because it has nipples which looks weird but still he aimed for realism and that's what he got. On a ending note Evee looks like a hoodlum squirrel who's been beat up.

And idk about you guys but i think milotic looks amazing and yea it's supposed to be beautiful and stuff but last time i checked all fish are ugly as shizz
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 11:12:14 pm by Ez »
It's over 9000!

Offline genbor

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • If you die, don't come crying to me about it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2011, 11:22:40 am »
"a tad"? They looked like failed experiments or something. The artist is talented, yes, but the morbidity was way overboard. Mr. Mime looked like it was in pain and needed to be put down.

Yeah I like to emphasize it like that when something goes overboard. Maybe I should have put quotation marks around it or something...

PS: I had no problems with Milotic.
It's ghost dammit, GHOST!

Offline TrainerX

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2011, 11:43:56 pm »
Like i said it's a different concept, if it looked to similar to the actual Pokemon then i wouldn't care about them and this topic would have never been posted idk but i just find how they look incredible! I'm probably just having a nerd moment but w/e  ;D. Also if you don't have a Dev account then you wont be able to see Nidoqueen because it has nipples which looks weird but still he aimed for realism and that's what he got. On a ending note Evee looks like a hoodlum squirrel who's been beat up.

And idk about you guys but i think milotic looks amazing and yea it's supposed to be beautiful and stuff but last time i checked all fish are ugly as shizz
I didn't mean that they should look like the ones in the anime, because a lot of those look retarded anyways. I don't think Milotic is bad, I just think that he made it look too different than what it was meant to be. I thought that it should have just had a bit more of a majestic look to it. It still looks amazing, it's just that he took the morbidity overboard.

Offline Ez

• Good Trainer
  • Pikaderp
    • View Profile
    • My Banner Thread
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2011, 12:18:41 am »

I didn't mean that they should look like the ones in the anime, because a lot of those look retarded anyways. I don't think Milotic is bad, I just think that he made it look too different than what it was meant to be. I thought that it should have just had a bit more of a majestic look to it. It still looks amazing, it's just that he took the morbidity overboard.

I see what you mean but personally i really like em'
It's over 9000!

Offline Raikt

• Balancer of stuff
  • Good Trainer
  • I punch Creepers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2011, 10:01:00 am »
I personally enjoyed Haunt, Gengar, Typhlosion, and Magmar the most. However, as Frenchfry said, quite a few looked like "failed experiments" and I just couldn't enjoy them. It's true that I do enjoy some of the more morbid aspects of art, but these did not draw me in.

They were more akin to messes similar in shape and color to the original Pokemon that I just couldn't relate with. Almost like seeing a horror movie for the first time wherein the villain is so far misconstrued from the main stream view of one that he ceases being scary and instead turns into a droll curiosity.

Verbose rant aside, I did enjoy those and, as I said, I really enjoyed his take on Fire Pokemon.
Weekly awesomsauce: www.collegehumor.com/video/6359051/wow-jason-statham-really-wants-wow
Daily awesomesauce: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn4uonU_uj0
I have a proud tradition of failure to uphold.
Updated awesomesauce!**

Offline Ez

• Good Trainer
  • Pikaderp
    • View Profile
    • My Banner Thread
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2011, 10:10:53 am »
I personally enjoyed Haunt, Gengar, Typhlosion, and Magmar the most. However, as Frenchfry said, quite a few looked like "failed experiments" and I just couldn't enjoy them. It's true that I do enjoy some of the more morbid aspects of art, but these did not draw me in.

They were more akin to messes similar in shape and color to the original Pokemon that I just couldn't relate with. Almost like seeing a horror movie for the first time wherein the villain is so far misconstrued from the main stream view of one that he ceases being scary and instead turns into a droll curiosity.

Verbose rant aside, I did enjoy those and, as I said, I really enjoyed his take on Fire Pokemon.

yrs the fire pokes were the best ones
It's over 9000!

Offline Flynt

• Balance Tester
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2011, 03:00:15 pm »
i liked all fire pokemon except charmander.

Offline jeremiahT

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2011, 04:32:38 pm »
Poliwhirl is wrong pokemon dont kill each other!!!