* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 am]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 am]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 am]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 am]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 am]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 pm]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 pm]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 pm]

Author Topic: Let's Merge our Resources  (Read 15539 times)

Offline TrainerX

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Merge our Resources
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2011, 02:36:45 am »
 This idea has too many flaws for it to work properly(I won't list all of them, just because most of them have been pointed out). Like Genbor said, most people would join the most powerful guild, and the people who made new guilds wouldn't get many members, so there wouldn't be much rivalry if we all just made one huge guild. The merged guild would probably fall apart anyway, because there would be too much conflict. You would either have one leader, and the guild would fall apart because people would argue too much, or you would have a council, which would end up arguing too, and the guild would split anyway. Or you would have a combination of the two, and the same thing would probably happen. There will probably be a system in the game where you can set each guild to Friendly/Neutral/Hostile, or something similar to that.

Offline SirRed

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2011, 02:44:59 am »
Yea that is very true and we've talked about those flaws.  That said if you would like to join the Pokemon Knights you are more than welcome.   

Offline Shadow of Darkness

• Normal Trainer
  • Dragon Ellemental Elite!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2011, 05:10:08 am »
But if you want to join a guild thats going to be super powerful you should join th Elemental Elites!!!
On a different note I think it would be cool if guilds had competitions with each other like a huge battle contest.

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2011, 05:22:16 am »
We can become strong too, but we'll do it with an emphasis on teamwork. And guild contests are a great idea. This way, we would be able to test eachother, and figure strenghts and weaknesses.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline SirRed

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2011, 05:42:38 am »
Absolutely.  The Pokemon Knights will be a fantastic guild, and the hard work that is already being put into it proves that.  Not to mention as many people have posted, if everyone joined one guild it wouldn't be fun.  I guess I was right in saying that the Elemental Elites are going to be our rivals, but it should be a great competition.

Offline Amphi

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • Neko -----> <(^.^)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2011, 05:54:55 am »
Ya' know, I joined Fruit's Punch primarily for the reason that I see it as a low key guild, Also me being american I feel like I can help cater to the people in the guild who are also american but also on the European server.
Never Underestimate the Kindness of other Humans.

Offline SirRed

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2011, 06:05:59 am »
I'm American and I joined the Pokemon Knights.  Our guild is based off of teamwork and always helping players meet their goals as opposed to getting a god complex simply because we are a higher level.  I think people might have the wrong idea about our guild because we are structuring it with a class system.  The only reason we are structuring it the way we are is so that the new members will know they have people that they can go to to ask questions, and so that there will always be some friendly competition.  The Pokemon Knights will be a very formidable guild and anyone who has a competitive as well as helpful nature should apply for our guild.

Offline Amphi

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • Neko -----> <(^.^)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2011, 06:12:37 am »
I'm American and I joined the Pokemon Knights.  Our guild is based off of teamwork and always helping players meet their goals as opposed to getting a god complex simply because we are a higher level.  I think people might have the wrong idea about our guild because we are structuring it with a class system.  The only reason we are structuring it the way we are is so that the new members will know they have people that they can go to to ask questions, and so that there will always be some friendly competition.  The Pokemon Knights will be a very formidable guild and anyone who has a competitive as well as helpful nature should apply for our guild.

Gonna be honest I'm not truly a competitive type when it comes to pokemon, I feel that if there is a lot of competition between guilds that is a good thing though, that's why I would prefer if the guilds that are established, unofficially I may add seeing as pu isn't out, stay as separate entities.
Never Underestimate the Kindness of other Humans.

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2011, 06:13:26 am »
Thank you SirRed. Couldn't have said it better myself.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline SirRed

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2011, 06:56:49 am »
Absolutely

zylonnick

« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2011, 09:42:04 am »
Absolutely.  The Pokemon Knights will be a fantastic guild, and the hard work that is already being put into it proves that.  Not to mention as many people have posted, if everyone joined one guild it wouldn't be fun.  I guess I was right in saying that the Elemental Elites are going to be our rivals, but it should be a great competition.

First of all, don't think this insulting or personal, I'm only trying to help.

Why do you always say we are gonna be rivals? I woudn't bother having an alliance with the Pokémon Knights, but I'm a mono-fighting trainer and my priority lies in the mono-aspect (like my guild). Nevertheless, we also help each other out ( for example with their mono-teambuilding) and establish strong friendships too. There is also some kind of class system within our guild (The leader and the type-masters) so those things don't seperate your guild from others (although your system is interesting, I admit that).

I think the idea of joining forces is interesting, but probably impossible to pull off. Your counsil had to consist of all the leaders from each guild you merge, and they all had to agree with it. If you really want to give this a try, you should PM the guild-leaders first and here what they have to say about it. Further negotiating on this thread without that would be pointless otherwise.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 05:20:06 pm by Ponge »

Offline SirRed

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2011, 10:44:44 am »
You and I agree completely, I originally thought it would be a good idea to merge guilds, but people brought it to my attention that it wouldn't be much fun to have one super guild that everyone would want to join.  I am open to an alliance, or at least working together because this game is going to be new to everyone.  The rivalry wasn't meant to be a bad thing, more like two guilds who would be able to compete to make each other stronger, while helping each other out.  I only say that we would be rivals because we have so much in common that it would make sense to have a friendly competition.  Hope that clears it up, post on our forum if the Elemental Elites would like to work with the Pokemon Knights.

zylonnick

« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2011, 11:34:34 am »
I'm completely open for some friendly competition ;)
The guild leader (chad29) makes that descision in conjunction with the members, but you should ask him personally (PM or on the EE-page). I don't make those calls.

Offline Noah_Road

• Normal Trainer
  • I can imagine 6 impossible things before breakfast
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2011, 05:50:02 pm »
I like the idea of an alliance between the guild only if the guild in question share the same goals. I honestly don't want an alliance with a guild we will be competing with; it might affect the competition a bit. That being said, we should probably wait for more guild to come up before exploring the idea of an alliance. As it stands, there are 4-5 active guild running. Of those guild, almost all of them do not have more than 10 active members (EE being the exception). What I suggest is that the other guild take the time to build their own foundation before worrying about joining the others.

On a side note, competatively built guild shouldn't want to form an alliance with other competative guild as there tends to be an anti-aggression pact that goes with the alliance. Competative guilds generally  work better in an alliance with smaller buisness based guilds (trading, training/day-care, marketing) as they have more of a means to work together as it is beneficial to both parties. The smaller fun guilds should form an alliance with other smaller guilds with no primary competative purpose as they have nothing to lose from the lack of competition between the two; thus again being beneficial to both parties. The guild that have already been formed to base their decision to make an alliance off of this logic.

Psychic Power=Imagination+Dreams

Offline genbor

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • If you die, don't come crying to me about it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2011, 07:48:39 pm »
 I like your pairings Noah_Road. They are sensible and would provide a more realistic feel to the Guild system, as people would form the alliances mainly for the benefits. But it really doesn't matter for me whom we ally ourselves, since we will be a sort of Jack-of-all-trades Guild.
It's ghost dammit, GHOST!