* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: linking moves  (Read 7585 times)

Offline Alais

• Normal Trainer
  • I like shorts. They're comfy and easy to wear.
    • View Profile
Re: linking moves
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2010, 03:43:26 AM »
I always wondered why there isn't a potent regen-type move that is turn limited. Something like aquaring is too weak to be useful, but something that restores 20% each turn for 3 turns would be nice.
Remember, unless we say it will be included, a Team Member's speculation and ideas are still just speculation and ideas. Though it may be more likely to be included, there are no guarantees!

Please check out our Jobs forum if you would like to help us with the development of Pokemon Universe. We don't bite, but we do have high standards. Hope to see you on IRC!

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2010, 02:57:19 PM »
You could build up using aquaring, ingrain, leech seed, leftovers, rain dish ability active ;). That is quite high and lasts for quite some time.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Alais

• Normal Trainer
  • I like shorts. They're comfy and easy to wear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2010, 06:11:56 PM »
Most of those are weak regen and very pokemon specific. There is no regen move that is strong and lasts only a few turns.
Remember, unless we say it will be included, a Team Member's speculation and ideas are still just speculation and ideas. Though it may be more likely to be included, there are no guarantees!

Please check out our Jobs forum if you would like to help us with the development of Pokemon Universe. We don't bite, but we do have high standards. Hope to see you on IRC!

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2010, 06:59:51 PM »
Yes, I know, I was only pointing out that the regen moves that lasted for some time are really small, so as not to 'eternise' a battle. Recover, slack off, softboiled, roost, synthesis, wish, rest, etc are quite powerful healing moves already.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline stephenkill2

• Mapper
  • Normal Trainer
  • Steve Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2010, 08:23:37 PM »
If you wanted to go through all of the technicalities and balance issues for linked moves and move-buffs, it would be horrendous and take an exponential amount of time. The most simple way of seeing what you guys are talking about is to implement some type of talent tree similar to wow's and ability points, like when your pokemon hits a 10th increment of a level, it gains an ability point to be placed in a talent, and you could have the talent trees be only for the pokemon's stab moves, and even though this could be balanced properly, it would take a massive amount of time and most likely would have balance issues and not be implemented, so we should just stick to held items :)