Pokémon Universe > Trainers Lounge

PU Article on my Blog.

(1/2) > >>

Level5Pidgey:
http://zandagamedesign.blogspot.com/2010/02/balancing-pokemon.html

I just finished the outline of my strategy to balance the Pokemon Metagame on my blog, and, well, if you were wondering what I'm planning - there it is.

Wish me luck XD

schindle:
very good blog!
i guess balancing game mechanics in pokemon is a very very imprtant thing.
pokemon GOT the potential to have very stratetic fights, not like in the Gameboy versions.

your ideas and ideas like stacking poison effects, combined with something like 'finishing' moves or special healing effects or something like that, would make the game so much funier than it is right now. i dont know if its possible, but PU could be THE pioneer in modern-game-mechanics with pokemon.
dont let waste this possibility :-)

so let balance the game! :-D

Gammal:
I somewhat agree.
I find it sad that some pokemon even in their last evolution state are not viable to use at all.
But then again, balancing EVERY single pokemon in the game would be a huge undertaking, and just the balancing process would take years, and if you add the "finishing move" and poisen stacking that would require even more balancing.

It WOULD be great if everything was perfectly balanced, but I think the road to get there might be to long and to hard.

//Gammal

tap1on:
Nice reading.
I agree with you, but as gammal said it would take a long time to balance all pokémons but ain't it worth it?
It would be much more fun to face different pokémons instead of "almost the same" all the time in highlevel pvp.

schindle:
it isnt THAT much work. because you can add an algorithm that changes every pokemon to a 'base lvl'. pokemon that are realy messed up with stats needs special treatment. but that wont be that much to change tho.

in another treat i showed the possibility to balance attacks. no1 really wants that every attack does the same damage. this is an MMO, not an simple GB game :-)

at the moment im looking at the damage formulas and look if you can get it to scale more with stats.

scalings everything at the end regarding attacks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version