* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Poll

Which Blaziken do you use in battles?

Blaze
5 (20%)
Speed Boost
15 (60%)
Don't use one
5 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author Topic: Blaze Blaziken vs Speed Boost Blaziken  (Read 27756 times)

Offline Bing

• Good Trainer
  • If music be the food of love, play on.
    • View Profile
Re: Blaze Blaziken vs Speed Boost Blaziken
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2011, 07:33:36 AM »
Infernape cant beat and is in no way better than blaziken who needs speed boost to be anygood at all... Honestly both him and infernape is broken blaziken without max speed isnt outspeeding alotta key pokemon but blaziken without max attack is just a slow infernape
 charizard owns them both with the right items

Bringing Charizard into this now :O

Charizard will never beat a speedboost Blaziken, it outsepeeds and OHKOs with Stone Edge. Infernape can beat Charizard most of the time if its carrying Thunderpunch or Stone Edge. Both of these attacks are rare on Infernape though so Charizard can come in easily to scare Infernape out.

My Infernape runs thunder punch.  It's great when someone switches in a Gyrados.  (Which is the main reason I run it.)

Offline deadae

• Normal Trainer
  • Deadae is here!
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2011, 02:25:12 AM »
thunder punch wont kill charizard and stone edge can miss all u have to do is give charizard a scarf and there both dead or u could give him sash and there both dead he is not faster than charizard after one speed boost
Rakia(Ra-kie-ya) Deadae(D-A-day)
"I came to win, to fight, to conquer, to thrive!
I came to win, to survive, to prosper, to rise...
To fly!"

Offline Noah_Road

• Normal Trainer
  • I can imagine 6 impossible things before breakfast
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2011, 02:49:29 AM »
thunder punch wont kill charizard and stone edge can miss all u have to do is give charizard a scarf and there both dead or u could give him sash and there both dead he is not faster than charizard after one speed boost

When talking about giving items to pokemon in a 1v1 battle, you must always assume that the opponent can have the same item. Since Infernape has a higher base speed than Charizard, Infernape can use a choice scarf as well and outspeed Charizard. T-punch (using iron fist) and Stone Edge will OHKO a Charizard. The same goes for focus sash; Infernape will attack, survive the Air Slash, then retaliate for the KO. Blaziken is a bit different. You wouldn't scarf something that has speed boost so a scarfed Charizard would outspeed it even after a single boost. However if they are both equiped with a focus sash, then Blaziken will come out on top most of the time.

Psychic Power=Imagination+Dreams

Offline Level5Pidgey

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • Use Gust!
    • View Profile
    • Pidgey's Philosophical Game Design
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2011, 03:20:39 AM »

As Blaziken, Charizard and Infernape aren't usually run to counter each other, it's silly to make up sets purely to counter them.
Read my Game Design Blog!

And that one, lone, distressed flying Krabby went on to become the most powerful being in the Universe.

Offline deadae

• Normal Trainer
  • Deadae is here!
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2011, 12:56:20 AM »

When talking about giving items to pokemon in a 1v1 battle, you must always assume that the opponent can have the same item. Since Infernape has a higher base speed than Charizard, Infernape can use a choice scarf as well and outspeed Charizard. T-punch (using iron fist) and Stone Edge will OHKO a Charizard. The same goes for focus sash; Infernape will attack, survive the Air Slash, then retaliate for the KO. Blaziken is a bit different. You wouldn't scarf something that has speed boost so a scarfed Charizard would outspeed it even after a single boost. However if they are both equiped with a focus sash, then Blaziken will come out on top most of the time.
thunder punch will not kill charizard even with iron fist which is a horrible ability i think and i dont think he can learn any rock move stronger than rockslide and ok lets say with no items then...charizard still beats them both... well he may lose to infernape but im sry infernape is one of the worst pokemon ever made he dont kill nothing in one hit and he gets taken out in one hit
To fly!"

Offline Noah_Road

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2011, 01:21:10 AM »

thunder punch will not kill charizard even with iron fist which is a horrible ability i think and i dont think he can learn any rock move stronger than rockslide and ok lets say with no items then...charizard still beats them both... well he may lose to infernape but im sry infernape is one of the worst pokemon ever made he dont kill nothing in one hit and he gets taken out in one hit

Iron fist Thunderpunch comming from an Infernape can and will OHKO Charizard everytime. Both Blazi and Infernape learn Stone Edge--the strongest distributed rock type move in the game which will always OHKO Charizard who is 4xs weak to rock type moves. Even a rockslide will OHKO it. You should probably check the damage calculators. In a 1v1 battle, Infernape will always be able to beat Charizard. Blaziken with speed boost will also always be able to beat out Charizard. Out of the 3 fire starters here, Charizard is actually the worst one since its hindered by a horrible rock type weakeness and dismal speed.

Offline Viper

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • The One and Only
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2011, 02:31:30 AM »

Iron fist Thunderpunch comming from an Infernape can and will OHKO Charizard everytime. Both Blazi and Infernape learn Stone Edge--the strongest distributed rock type move in the game which will always OHKO Charizard who is 4xs weak to rock type moves. Even a rockslide will OHKO it. You should probably check the damage calculators. In a 1v1 battle, Infernape will always be able to beat Charizard. Blaziken with speed boost will also always be able to beat out Charizard. Out of the 3 fire starters here, Charizard is actually the worst one since its hindered by a horrible rock type weakeness and dismal speed.

Dont even bother arguing with him. He has no idea what hes talking about and and will never realize how wrong his previous statement was on so many levels.

Offline deadae

• Normal Trainer
  • Deadae is here!
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2011, 04:41:16 PM »
u can say that all u want but i've used one and it suck didt ohko anything and i mean any thing never even beat anything unless i used it to revenge kill i've even battle zoro's a lot of times his infernape never took out my charizard and he always thuinder punched it same with ms ice his thunder punch dont kill my charizard so i dont see how it ohko's any other and i've used the thing its not anywhere near reliable as the other fir pokemon...any of them it sucked so bad everyone i battle yanks it off their team he just looks sweet and thats it

still this is all just my thaughts on him not trying to offend u noah but this has already been proven to me several times cuz my charizard has no def stat what-so ever and infernape never once ko'd it....and lately i havent even battled any on PO he's just not a good pokemon to me or to use against me

and also my favorit fire starter is blaziken and always has been but he  with one speed boost has never out sped my charizard he needs two

i just checked it out its cuz my charizard is scarfed and he thwarts blaziken everytime so in my book he is better cuz ppl never scarf there blaziken yes in fernape can beat him but he has never beaten my charizard with no thunder punch so this is false its a three way cirlce cuz blaziken cant beat charizard and he creams infernape and charizard cant beat infernape but when it comes to beating other pokemon i have no faith nor have i ever seen infernape take anything out he hits it extremly hard and then gets taken out every time thats what ive seen in every battle hes beenin unless he has a mach punch to back him up he is useless and blaziken with speed boost is something i would trust to take out alot of pokemmon along with charizard but im sry i would never again use an infernape they suk
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 04:54:22 PM by deadae »
To fly!"

Offline Noah_Road

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2011, 05:00:47 PM »
Smgon Damage Calculator Results:

Infnerape@Adamant Nature
252Atl/64Sp.Atk/192Speed
Using: Thunderpunch

Vs.

Charizard@Timid
252Sp.Atk/252Sp/4Def

Results: 282 - 332-94.9% - 111.8%

So an iron fist Infernape using Thunderpunch has a 6% chance of NOT OHKOing a charizard. What I've noticed on Zoracorio is that he doesn't use the standard EV sets, which mean that he's probably making use of weaker/more unique Infernape sets.

Infnerape@Adamant Nature
252Atl/64Sp.Atk/192Speed
Using: Stone Edge

Vs.

Charizard@Timid
252Sp.Atk/252Sp/4Def

Results: 592 - 700-199.3% - 235.7%
This means that a Stone Edge is going to always OHKO a Charizard. For kicks and giggles I went back to claculate Rock Slide as well.

Infnerape@Adamant Nature
252Atl/64Sp.Atk/192Speed
Using: Rock Slide

Vs.

Charizard@Timid
252Sp.Atk/252Sp/4Def

Results: 448 - 528-150.8% - 177.8%
Rock Slide comming from an Infernape will also always OHKO a Charizard.

Point being that a standard Infernape (and to an extent, Speed Boost Blaziken) will always beat out Charizard by exploiting its crippling rock weakness. I get into competative debates pretty easliy.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 05:02:40 PM by Noah_Road »

Offline John Flame

• Good Trainer
  • Smite first,questions later
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2011, 05:05:14 PM »
Uhhhh,i couldn't help but join the chat.

But deadae,that infernape can't have max attack.Same with the blaziken,it did not have max speed.
I use a charizard,he is my all time favourite pokémon.And id say 70% of all super effective attacks OHKO it.

Btw scarfing your charizard to me looks like an obselete idea.Charizard isn't a pokémon made to go and come repeatidly.Predicting and SR will shave off Charizard.

Also i wont let you call Infernape a weak pokémon.And this makes me believe that you don't have that much knowlegend of battling.

Infernape can make a great lead,and a great sweeper.Both physical or special.Or EVEN mixed.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2011, 05:16:24 PM »

But deadae,that infernape can't have max attack.Same with the blaziken,it did not have max speed.
I use a charizard,he is my all time favourite pokémon.And id say 70% of all super effective attacks OHKO it.

Btw scarfing your charizard to me looks like an obselete idea.Charizard isn't a pokémon made to go and come repeatidly.Predicting and SR will shave off Charizard.

Also i wont let you call Infernape a weak pokémon.And this makes me believe that you don't have that much knowlegend of battling.

Infernape can make a great lead,and a great sweeper.Both physical or special.Or EVEN mixed.

You're late then :P
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline John Flame

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2011, 05:18:31 PM »
Im always late Jerry :P

Offline zorocario

• Normal Trainer
  • then i grow up, ima take over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2011, 06:01:24 PM »
yeah my fire team is epic noah

Offline deadae

• Normal Trainer
  • Deadae is here!
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2011, 06:20:40 PM »

if u think there is a problem with my knowlege of battle take me on and ill destroy u

my main reason for saying he sux compared to chaizard wasnt because chaizard can beat him its because charizard wins against alot of pokemon while infernape does not..ive used him and as a lead and i think he is a pathetic lead  no where near as good as aerodactyl or metagross he is a horrible sweeper because hes too frail to build up stats he is a great reveng3e killer and nothing more he cane come out finish some thing off and u-turn outta thee to do it again thats all hes good for
To fly!"

Offline John Flame

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2011, 07:33:31 PM »
Well then,there is also alot of pokémon that Infernape can put to shame while Charizard is nearly useless.

Also,somethink is going very wrong with that Infernape.And wath's the problem with a sweeper being frail?Wath whas a sweeper made to do...leave a mark on the other team.
Does Infernape do that?Yes it does.

You basically calling,a top tier DPP and a still high ranking after 5th gen pokémon,weak.

And sure,itl be my pleasure to fight you.