* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Poll

Which Blaziken do you use in battles?

Blaze
5 (20%)
Speed Boost
15 (60%)
Don't use one
5 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author Topic: Blaze Blaziken vs Speed Boost Blaziken  (Read 27745 times)

Offline Mr. Fox

• Good Trainer
  • The name's Fox, Mr. Fox
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Cave.
Re: Blaze Blaziken vs Speed Boost Blaziken
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2011, 06:55:11 AM »
I use pokes that work for my style. I personaly hate blaziken so i don't use it. If I had to I would go with Speed boost because it is much better then blaze.

Offline Gammal

• Contributor
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2011, 12:47:36 PM »
Blaziken as it is now in the "real" game is considered UBER, and I would never use it in a match unless stated before that it will be an ubers match.

I dont mind using legends when playing.
As long as you play within the correct tier there shouldnt be a problem 

Offline Aquashin

• Normal Trainer
  • Being a Airhead its a Bliss...what's a bliss?..
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2011, 01:12:31 PM »
Blaziken as it is now in the "real" game is considered UBER, and I would never use it in a match unless stated before that it will be an ubers match.

Its only considered Uber if it has Speed Boost, and personaly, i have used a Infernape and its WAYS better than Blaziken with Speed Boost, and if my Infernape had Iron Fist it would be even better because i ussualy only use Punch on it.

ATTENCION - I only say this because everytime a Blaziken with Speed Boost is agaisnt me in PO, i use my Infernape with Iron Fist and 1HKO the Blazikens every time, dont come and hate me because of what i said...
Im a girl, not a guy... and pleasse call me Aqua , a Pachirisu lover^^

Offline Noah_Road

• Normal Trainer
  • I can imagine 6 impossible things before breakfast
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2011, 01:31:58 PM »

Its only considered Uber if it has Speed Boost, and personaly, i have used a Infernape and its WAYS better than Blaziken with Speed Boost, and if my Infernape had Iron Fist it would be even better because i ussualy only use Punch on it.

ATTENCION - I only say this because everytime a Blaziken with Speed Boost is agaisnt me in PO, i use my Infernape with Iron Fist and 1HKO the Blazikens every time, dont come and hate me because of what i said...

What are you OHKOing Blaziken with? After a speed boost Blazi OHKO's with just about anything. I agree with you though; I will go down to my grave saying that Infernape is better with Blaziken with or without speed boost.

Psychic Power=Imagination+Dreams

Offline Aquashin

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2011, 01:37:56 PM »
What are you OHKOing Blaziken with? After a speed boost Blazi OHKO's with just about anything. I agree with you though; I will go down to my grave saying that Infernape is better with Blaziken with or without speed boost.

simple, i have 3 Punch moves, Thunder Punch, Fire Punch and Mach Punch, the other move can be eather Earthquake or Fake Out. Fake Out cancels 1 move of Blaziken and finishes with Mach Punch, in other words, 2HKO, Earthquake its the one that OHKO Blaziken and which i ussualy use.

Offline xhizor8201

• Normal Trainer
  • I'm on a boat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2011, 04:11:36 PM »
Most people go with a protect/speed boost combo so itd be kinda hard to 1st strike/OHKO it. I personally like to give it brave bird because its pretty effective and i can simply use a fighting move on rock, steel, etc.

Offline Aquashin

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2011, 04:34:54 PM »
Most people go with a protect/speed boost combo so itd be kinda hard to 1st strike/OHKO it. I personally like to give it brave bird because its pretty effective and i can simply use a fighting move on rock, steel, etc.

thats how my Infernape is able to OHKO or 2HKO a Blaziken, because of Protect. when a person Switches to Blaziken, i make sure i have another pokemon in front, so i Switch to Infernape and he uses Protect for nothing, then i use Fake Out  and Mach Punch that are both Priority moves, or just use Earthquake

Offline Noah_Road

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2011, 09:30:20 PM »

simple, i have 3 Punch moves, Thunder Punch, Fire Punch and Mach Punch, the other move can be eather Earthquake or Fake Out. Fake Out cancels 1 move of Blaziken and finishes with Mach Punch, in other words, 2HKO, Earthquake its the one that OHKO Blaziken and which i ussualy use.

Sorry to contradict, but Fake Out + Mach Punch won't 2HKO Blaziken unless there is a crit in one of those attacks. Plus Infernape has to come in perfectly on the switch if he wants to use Fake Out. Since switching in makes protect fail, Blaziken can then use protect again while you use Fake out then survive the Mach Punch to OHKO. Iron First doesn't raise Infernape's attacks as much as it needs to and he is actually better off staying with Blaze. At least with Blaze he isn't restricted to weak physical sets. With Blaze Infernape can abuse life orb even further and can utilize the mixed sets he's famous for. Also, a strict Iron First physical set is completely walled by ground types.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 09:32:51 PM by Noah_Road »

Offline Mr. Fox

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Cave.
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2011, 09:33:02 PM »
I have been using a speed boost set for blaziken... it can tear through entire teams if they don't parahax him or don't have priory moves. as soon as you get one swords dance, and a speed boost... its over.

Offline Aquashin

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2011, 10:11:37 PM »
I have been using a speed boost set for blaziken... it can tear through entire teams if they don't parahax him or don't have priory moves. as soon as you get one swords dance, and a speed boost... its over.

sorry but thats not interely true, if the other as a pokemon with Prankster like Whimsicott or Tornadus use a move to make you switch out your Blaziken, the status +6 go away

Offline Mr. Fox

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Cave.
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2011, 10:23:20 PM »
people never use them and I am able to take out a large chunk of their team, and if he is going to get killed I turn him into a suicide bomber. Once he goes out he doesn't come back unless he in fainted. That's just how i use him, and no I don't like him at all.

Offline Aquashin

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2011, 10:45:58 PM »
ok i was just making a point on how to stop the blaziken

Offline Mr. Fox

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Cave.
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2011, 10:47:46 PM »
Yeah I know, i am not hating on you, I am just saying it can be a real pain to shut them down once they get a sweep set up.

Offline deadae

• Normal Trainer
  • Deadae is here!
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2011, 04:44:37 AM »
Infernape cant beat and is in no way better than blaziken who needs speed boost to be anygood at all... Honestly both him and infernape is broken blaziken without max speed isnt outspeeding alotta key pokemon but blaziken without max attack is just a slow infernape
 charizard owns them both with the right items
Rakia(Ra-kie-ya) Deadae(D-A-day)
"I came to win, to fight, to conquer, to thrive!
I came to win, to survive, to prosper, to rise...
To fly!"

Offline Noah_Road

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2011, 06:22:34 AM »
Infernape cant beat and is in no way better than blaziken who needs speed boost to be anygood at all... Honestly both him and infernape is broken blaziken without max speed isnt outspeeding alotta key pokemon but blaziken without max attack is just a slow infernape
 charizard owns them both with the right items

Bringing Charizard into this now :O

Charizard will never beat a speedboost Blaziken, it outsepeeds and OHKOs with Stone Edge. Infernape can beat Charizard most of the time if its carrying Thunderpunch or Stone Edge. Both of these attacks are rare on Infernape though so Charizard can come in easily to scare Infernape out.