* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Attraction  (Read 8306 times)

Offline Draagn

• Beginning Trainer
  • My computer has a virus I will be off for a while.
    • View Profile
Attraction
« on: February 06, 2010, 11:18:51 PM »
Okay I have an idea that will work like an anti repel,this idea would be kinda simple.Have in some stores and attraction potion one for each type of pokemon so if your trying to catch all the pokemon this would defiantly help.of course they would have to be expensive,and rare not every store will sell them.They would also ware off like repel they would only last like 100-200 steps...now before anybody shoots this down I search several times and found nothing on it so if this has been done before I will apologize before hand. Hope you like it.

Offline Kuhns

• Pixel Artist/ Part-Time Lurker
  • Normal Trainer
  • I'm (almost) back! And Sexier than ever! >:D
    • View Profile
Re: Attraction
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 11:29:04 PM »
It's an interesting idea, I'll give you that. But I question the usefulness of such an item. Repels were made for the sole reason of players not wanting to run into Pokemon. It also sounds like a lazy item for lazy players.

Offline Draagn

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 11:35:20 PM »
okay this item wont give you an exact pokemon it will raise the chance of said pokemon.This way its still a chance but its more likely.My idea would help with hunting quests and pokedex quests.I also have an idea for a potion that will raise or lower the level of the pokemon you fight so say your level 150 and most pokemon a like level 100 that would be no fun for grinders.use the level potion on them to get them to level 150,like repel it would ware off over so many steps but it would be useful

Offline Alais

• Normal Trainer
  • I like shorts. They're comfy and easy to wear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2010, 11:36:39 PM »
It's an ok idea, but it might make more sense if you divide all the pokemon up into groups by what sort of food they like, and if you have that food in your inventory, the entire group would be more likely to appear. The groups could be the egg groups, that would be even easier.

This way you're not making it so much easier for people to get a particular pokemon, and you don't need so many different items.
Remember, unless we say it will be included, a Team Member's speculation and ideas are still just speculation and ideas. Though it may be more likely to be included, there are no guarantees!

Please check out our Jobs forum if you would like to help us with the development of Pokemon Universe. We don't bite, but we do have high standards. Hope to see you on IRC!

Offline spirit

• pikaNYA~
  • Administrator
  • Normal Trainer
  • nyannyannyannyannyan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2010, 11:39:16 PM »
im not shooting you down, so please don't get too defensive, but there is already an ability to do this in pokemon games, (sweet scent for example), i do not know whether that will be implemented but i like the concept.

your right, to my knowledge no one has written about this yet, so thank you for bringing it to our attention.
i also like how there would be a different spray for each type, it would make getting the pokemon you want more likely.
(im for the idea)
however, i don't think limiting it to a few stores will make it rare, nor do i think this needs to be a rare item, if people don't want it they are not going to spend the money on it. perhaps it would only be placed in a large department store sized building, perhaps not, that does not matter. its rarity all boils down to if people want to pay for it or not

but here is my suggestion to you. stop being worried about whether your ideas will be shot down or not, just think them through before posting, you do not need to come up with a brand spanking new topic thread based around an idea every day. take your time, slow down.

Offline Draagn

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2010, 11:48:01 PM »
thanks for the advice spirit the reason I am worried about it all ready being done is that (and I know how annoying it is from experience)its vary annoying to see the same post multiple times..I suggested this to pokemon crater when it was still good back in like the first year they were out and they liked it and used it for that one year only. then the new management had never herd of it and they wouldn't take ideas from the community they said things like if its a good idea its already on are site,and that's why I like PU its all open for suggestion 

Offline chaosdestroyer

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2010, 03:32:59 PM »
its a good idea i  always get aggravated when i am looking for a fire type and i get a grass type.
people who live in the past never see whats right in front of them

Offline Draagn

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2010, 08:33:22 PM »
so just for me the general idea of my idea is

good 4
bad 0

Thats a first

Offline Draagn

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2010, 03:15:12 AM »
I was hopping for a reply from mr dark or someone about this post I want to know if this was a possibility I want to know if m attraction idea or an of my plans were even considered for PU

Offline Phosphorous

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2010, 04:15:04 AM »
I was hopping for a reply from mr dark or someone about this post I want to know if this was a possibility I want to know if m attraction idea or an of my plans were even considered for PU

I'm sure Mr_dark has read it, and if this idea was enough to be put in PU there would be a lot more talk on this post to increase the potential of it being used. So be patient.

Offline Draagn

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2010, 12:07:44 AM »
well I thought it was a good idea

Offline weirddemon

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2010, 12:37:53 AM »
well I thought it was a good idea

Of course you did! It was your idea, silly.

If your idea isn't used, don't worry about it. Hundreds of ideas will be submitted and tossed out. That's part of the process. Not all ideas are good for the setting.

Offline PokeBlue358

• Beginning Trainer
  • Pikachu, I choose.... Oh. I see your upset.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2010, 03:29:15 AM »
turn that [good-4, bad-0] into {good-5, bad-0}

another 'attraction' kinda thing is honey in DPP*.

*DPP is used on serebii.net and means diamond pearl platinum
With my pumped up Pokemanz, I can't lose!!!

Offline johnwill

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2010, 08:25:24 PM »
attraction is a good idea... i hav used repel in earlier pokemon games... but attraction will b much more fun...
attraction item of a group of pokemon/type is good... we might b able to get some rare pokemon by this...
now make it
good - 6
bad - 0

Offline striker2524

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2010, 05:10:14 AM »
attraction is  an awsome idea. I the idea of finding a certian type of pokemon would be really cool, and make it less likely to get the ones your not looking for.