* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Regigigas its ussable?  (Read 19099 times)

Offline Aquashin

• Normal Trainer
  • Being a Airhead its a Bliss...what's a bliss?..
    • View Profile
Regigigas its ussable?
« on: September 19, 2011, 04:49:33 AM »
People here, what if i told you that Regigigas with Slow Start its a powerhouse pokemon? he his Normal type that means 1 weakness (Fighting) and 1 total resistance (Ghost).

You say: " Slow Start reduces Attack and Speed by half in the first 5 turns, Regigigas cant hang alive for that long and if it does, he will be almost KOed"

That is true, but your not seeying the whole picture for sure.

Facts:
- Regigigas has awsome stats of total 670;
- 160 of the 670 its Attack, means that it can go up to a maximum of 460 Attack;
- Slow Start only lasts 5 turns, after that its full power;

Now you ask me " How is someone able to use Regigigas even with Slow Start?"

Simple, he just needs a little help from another realy usefull pokemon, can you guess which one is it? its known for its Speed and for having Speed Boost... yup, you all got it, Ninjask.

Ninjask needs 4 moves to be working perfect for this, Baton Pass, Substitute, Protect and Swords Dance. Hold item Leftovers

You Say " those are all non-attacking moves, it can be stoped with Taunt"

True but if you guess how your opponent will playout, you can prevent Taunt from happening, you just need to know which pokemon are ussualy used with Taunt, then prevent it.

And now for the way to use Ninjask to Regigigas.

Requirements:

- Ninjask with the moves i told you earlyer;
- Regigigas with ONLY 3 attack moves, 1 MUST be Protect
- Regigigas with Adamant Nature, HP - 156 EV, Def - 176 EV, Sp.Def - 176;
- Regigigas and Ninjask both with Leftovers Hold Item;

You see this and ask " Why no Ev's on Attack?"

Trust me, it works, if you do the Ev correctly you will end with a Regigigas with the stats like mine is and like it stays on PO: 400/391/300/176/300/236

And no you ask me again " Why must one move must be Protect? why not 4 attack moves?"

Its a just-in-case move, if the 5 turns havent passed allready, you can use Protect to add one more turn.

Things you MUST beware:

- Stealth Rock: Have one of the other 4 pokemon in your team with Rapid Spin to clear them and defeat the pokemon with it quickly so its not a problem for Ninjask.

- Fire Type moves: Alot of people use Fire Type moves like the famous Flamethrower, to prevent your Ninjask from fainting, have a Alomomola like i do, its a good Physical Wall but its a Water Type so its half damage.

How to use Ninjask:

You need to have expert strategist skills in this one, the tactic can be easy, but hard at the same time, you need to be sure you can use Swords Dance whenever you are able, 6 turns are needed for Speed Boost be make it +6 Speed, 3 are needed for Swords Dance to reach +6 Attack.

The Tactic is, Substitute » Protect » Substitute » Protect and Etc...

You " Why Substitute first?" Answer - If your opponent switches pokemon, you have the Substitute to protect for 1 turn and you can use Swords Dance.

When can you use Swords Dance? When your Substitute holds on agaisn't the other pokemon's attack move.

Results: If you are able to Baton Pass to Regigigas with +6 Attack and +6 Defense, by PO stats, it will have nearly 680 Attack and 450 Speed, when the Slow Start ends, it will have nearly 1400 Attack and 1000 Speed, you can 1 hit KO any pokemon with this without any stat ups on defense.

Looks simple right? Belive me, mastering this tactic takes alot of your mind and concentration, make sure you are ready for dissapointment if it doesn's work at first time.

Any questions or doubts or complains pleasse post it below or PM me, i will be happy to answer the Pms.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 04:55:13 AM by shin21 »
Im a girl, not a guy... and pleasse call me Aqua , a Pachirisu lover^^

Offline Mr. Fox

• Good Trainer
  • The name's Fox, Mr. Fox
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Cave.
Re: Regigigas its ussable?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 05:58:53 AM »
A pointless thread as there will be no legends in this game. But on the other hand, how many people do you see using Regigigas skilfully.

Offline Aquashin

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 06:03:41 AM »
A pointless thread as there will be no legends in this game. But on the other hand, how many people do you see using Regigigas skilfully.

its not pointless, since Regigigas its NOT considered a Uber, and people dont use it because of Slow Start, i found and created a way to use it skillfully, just sharing my findings which im proud of sharing.

this has surprised alot of people i battled with, they wouldnt know what to do agaisnt it and they ended up losing everytime.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 06:05:43 AM by shin21 »

Offline Mr. Fox

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Cave.
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 06:07:01 AM »
you on PO(Pokemon Online). If you are I am foxofwar on the main server, I would love to see your strategy!

Offline Shadowfred

• Gameplay Balancer/Pretty cool guy
  • PU Team
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 06:08:51 AM »
That's not the point he was making, in Pokemon Universe, you won't be able to legendary pokemon, even if they aren't considered uber.

If your strategy to use regigigas is baton passing +6 atk and +6 speed, it's not really a regigigas strategy, you could replace it with any physical attacker and have the same results.

Offline Aquashin

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2011, 06:13:35 AM »
To Fox - right now i cant since its allready 5 am and i need sleep...

To Shadowfred - it is a Regigigas Strategy, you might consider it a Ninjask strategy but if you look at it correctly, it isnt, i said in the guide how to build the Regigigas so it isnt weak, and how to make the Ninjask work 100%, instead of calling Pointless to some Guides that people like me take their own time to make to help other people, read it correctly and try to use it for your own benefict, we will be happy if you do.

Offline Mr. Fox

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Cave.
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2011, 06:17:04 AM »
cool no problem, I will see you when you get on.

Offline Shadowfred

• PU Team
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2011, 06:31:26 AM »
First off, I never said that it was pointless.

Secondly, I can see that you've said how to build the regigigas, but with those evs you'll end up with 782 attack and 472 speed (with slow start) with the +6 boosts, that's enough to outspeed and pretty much OHKO everything, so the defensive stats aren't really needed. You could instead put 252 into attack and speed and have 960 attack and 598 speed with slow start.

Offline Bing

• Good Trainer
  • If music be the food of love, play on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2011, 06:41:45 AM »
Already I don't like you... making a thread on how to use a legendary effectively.  Huzzah!

Offline Noah_Road

• Normal Trainer
  • I can imagine 6 impossible things before breakfast
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2011, 06:57:57 AM »
A friend of mine found an amazing Regigigas strategy.

Regigigas@Leftovers
Adamant Nature
252 Atk/208 HP/48 Def
~Swagger
~Psych-Up
~Return
~Fire Punch

The idea of this set is to switch in safely, preferably on a special attacker or any wall. Use Swagger, multiple times if you're using it on an opponent with no psycical attacks and they don't switch out, then use Psych-Up. You now have a +2 Regigigas (which is something even with slow start) against a confused opponent. After slow start has worn off Regigigas can OHKO most of the metagame. Return is your main weapon here which can OHKO a huge portion of the metagame after a +2 boost when slow start has worn off and can 2HKO many things with slow start in effect. Fire punch is to hit the steel types that resist Return. You can opt for Earthquake which hits rock types as well but will find yourself walled by Skarmory.

Psychic Power=Imagination+Dreams

Offline Level5Pidgey

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • Use Gust!
    • View Profile
    • Pidgey's Philosophical Game Design
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2011, 07:56:51 AM »
Yeah. If you're seriously going for +6 Atk/Spe Regigias, why not use +6 Atk/Spe Lucario or something...?
Read my Game Design Blog!

And that one, lone, distressed flying Krabby went on to become the most powerful being in the Universe.

Offline Shadowfred

• PU Team
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2011, 08:31:22 AM »
Or Feraligatr :D

Offline Noah_Road

• Normal Trainer
  • I can imagine 6 impossible things before breakfast
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2011, 08:33:44 AM »
Or any physical attacker that doesn't have slow start.

Psychic Power=Imagination+Dreams

Offline Aquashin

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2011, 01:05:25 PM »
Already I don't like you... making a thread on how to use a legendary effectively.  Huzzah!

Then dont like me, im new here and i didnt knew that everyone had problems with legendary pokemon, me ussualy dont use Legendary, i only used Regigigas until now because its a NU (Never Used) pokemon.

Yeah. If you're seriously going for +6 Atk/Spe Regigias, why not use +6 Atk/Spe Lucario or something...?

Nope, the reason is that Regigias isnt weak agaisnt Ground, Fire or Ice (Earthquake, Flamethrower, Ice Beam) that are the mostly used type moves, it only has 1 weakness and 1 Resistance, but more importantly, because of the Slow Start since its a move that alot of people dont like because its halves Attack and Speed, but doesnt halves Defense or Sp.Defense which in the way i putted makes Regigigas endure moves.

First off, I never said that it was pointless.

Secondly, I can see that you've said how to build the regigigas, but with those evs you'll end up with 782 attack and 472 speed (with slow start) with the +6 boosts, that's enough to outspeed and pretty much OHKO everything, so the defensive stats aren't really needed. You could instead put 252 into attack and speed and have 960 attack and 598 speed with slow start.

The pointless thing im sorry it was to Fox... sorry if i put it to you...

the EVs i putted are to make sure Regigigas endures attacks that are thrown at him if he needs to when having alot of power, i have seen a Dragonite trained in Evs like these and it was a Tank.

If i insulted anyone here, im sorry, like i said above, i didnt knew that people here didn't liked Legendary Pokemon, so, my apologies...
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 01:21:00 PM by shin21 »

Offline Gammal

• Contributor
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2011, 03:16:24 PM »
Im with the regigas guy on this one.
Sure you might frown on legends, but if you frown on them all then you have NO IDEA of how the tier system works in pokemon.

Regigas is NU, as in NEVER USED, because it sucks.

This guy clearly likes it, and is sharing his ideas on how to use it, cut him some f*cking slack, or il start giving out warnings.

There will always be a better pokemon for the job, hence the tiers.
OU pokemon are, as stated OVER USED, as in. You are just like everyone els you prick.
I like originality, I like playing with underrated Pokemon.