* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: If pokemon crossed over into our world  (Read 40483 times)

Offline Desbear

• Soryboard Writer
  • PU Trial-Team
  • Elite Trainer
  • TRANSMISSION_FOUND
    • View Profile
Re: If pokemon crossed over into our world
« Reply #120 on: September 13, 2011, 08:28:11 PM »
I don't have a dog, but i have 3 cats outside and they could run away whenever they want, but they don't, i have another 3 inside, i let them out sometimes, they could run away then too, so you calling them slaves? also we take as good care of them as we can, we try to make it so they are happy.
TRANSMISSION_END

Offline TrainerX

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 13, 2011, 10:50:26 PM »
The humans are not ready to be granted another life form.
We war eachother,we kill ourselfs,we kill our families.We are patriotic.
Wath would happen if pokémon crossed into our world....the asnwer is as simple...

Pokémon like Charizard,Aggrons,Tyranitars, e.t.c would be captured to be war machines.

Pokémon like Skarmory,Metagross,Solrock/Lunatone,e.t.c would be captured to be killed and extracted of their resources.

And ofcourse,pokémon like Chansey,Pichu and alot more.... would become enslaved into our communities.Be it as pets,or working for us.

Yep,sad story.But it is probably the truth.
Heck,aliens(if they exist),must be watching us out of fear.Wath would happen if we cross the line of time,space and speed.If we get Hi-Tech Weapons.War,is wath happens.
Hurr Durr misguided pessimist philosophy.
There are laws against doing most of what you mentioned here. We could easily enslave bears or lions as "War machines", and they would certainly cause their fair share of casualties. But we don't.
Skarmory is made of steel, and we don't have any shortage of that. The only animals that would be "killed for their resources" would be ones whose skin would make a nice coat, which we do anyway with crocodiles and cows. So what?
Slavery? What does that mean? My cousin has a horse which she rides on a regular basis. Does that make her an evil slave owner? If I work at an animal shelter, processing adoptions for the animals there, does that make me a slavedriver? After all, you basically just said "Pets are slaves."
Frenchfry is right(again).

And aren't pet slaves.

Have you ever been able to ask a dog or a cat,if they prefer to be free or to be a pet.

Ok,your cousin might actually take proper care of the horse.But then again,there is a mass of people out there who does not.

Humans wouldn't kill for the pokémon resources.Well,Skarmory's metal seems a rather good protection,after all he can fly with it.Durable and light...any idea?

Does a lion fire flamethowers?Does a lion create massive earthquakes?Does a lion create a tital wave to crash on enemies?

Besides,they would be hunted to dead exactly for that,being dangerous.Less magikarps >.<

And it isn't misguided pessimist philosophy,it's plain truth.
How are pets slaves? Pets are domesticated animals(and I don't count tigers and other animals like that as pets, because they aren't domesticated). We provide them with food, water, and shelter. Many dogs try to please their owners. If they truly wanted to be out in the wild, they would run away if you give them a chance. Yeah, they might wander out of the yard, but they'll come back if nothing happens to them. Even abused dogs will try to please their owners, even though they're being abused.

Wild animals are different though. It is would be very hard to truly domesticate Lions, Tigers, Panthers, etc.

Pokemon are basically wild animals capable of mass destruction. If you can't domesticate wild animals, and keep them from eating you for no reason other than instinct, than how would you be able to domesticate pokemon? And how would you even be able to turn pokemon into war machines without domesticating them? If you just captured them, they wouldn't just attack the other army. It would attack anyone close enough to it, because it feels that it is in danger and needs to escape.

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
  • I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 14, 2011, 01:28:10 AM »
And aren't pet slaves.

Have you ever been able to ask a dog or a cat,if they prefer to be free or to be a pet.

Ok,your cousin might actually take proper care of the horse.But then again,there is a mass of people out there who does not.

Humans wouldn't kill for the pokémon resources.Well,Skarmory's metal seems a rather good protection,after all he can fly with it.Durable and light...any idea?

Does a lion fire flamethowers?Does a lion create massive earthquakes?Does a lion create a tital wave to crash on enemies?

Besides,they would be hunted to dead exactly for that,being dangerous.Less magikarps >.<

And it isn't misguided pessimist philosophy,it's plain truth.
Actually, I have. My father's dog had gotten lost in the woods more than once, and always found its way back to our house. And he would just leave her outside food stores while he went shopping, and said dog would patiently await his return.

As for the "Not taking care of the horses" thing... Oh, yeah, sure. Because there aren't laws against that or anything. Very strict laws against the abuse of animals, that I've seen be enforced firsthand.

Skarmory's metal is steel. Skarmory is a steel type, therefore the metal on it is steel. We have plenty of that as it is.

Flamthrowers are a lovely substitute to fire-breathing animals. They can't say no, they don't care if they're abused, their range is longer, and they're more precise. Plus it's not against the law to use them as weapons, while it IS to do so with animals. Earthquakes and TIDAL waves? Those are natural disasters that would ruin the lives of innocent civillians and cause long-term damage to the area, thus making it an inhuman choice even WITHOUT the animal abuse factor.

Offline John Flame

• Good Trainer
  • Smite first,questions later
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 14, 2011, 04:14:10 PM »
Ahhnnn,i give up -.-

Keep your optimist away from me ;D

Offline magememphis

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 14, 2011, 05:57:30 PM »
we are not optimist your just really down
Never let life get you down.
             Know that friends are there for you :D

Offline zoroark21

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 14, 2011, 08:37:31 PM »
pets Aren't slaves!! :(

Offline eddiedelta8

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 14, 2011, 10:12:29 PM »
if Pokemon were real then now that i have heard other peoples responses then yes the world would be in some-sort of chaos because i mean tidal waves(surf) and earthquakes?! but i mean if it were just the ones that cant breathe water,fire or shoot ,electricity,grass,poison or needles then ya things wouldn't be so bad the alakazams wouldn't be really a problem because they ARE more advanced than us so they would more or less make an ally with us and communicate with the other Pokemon to either declare a war or make an alliance.
but if Pokemon like the normal type pokemon excluding the togepi evolution's and snorlax's (because they block roads and stuff :P) then ya i think it would be kinda nice with Pokemon.

EDIT: oh and no steel type's or rock,ground type's because they can cause bad damage to.
"The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." -Mewtwo (Pokemon - The First Movie)

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
  • I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 14, 2011, 10:24:35 PM »
So, basically, like... Ten pokemon are capable of existing in the real world without raising hell.

Offline eddiedelta8

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 14, 2011, 10:37:35 PM »
well i mean for the normal type Pokemon they wouldn't learn those moves that i mentioned in my before post i think they wouldn't learn those moves if you don't train them(fight or whatever) so like a eevee it cant really hurt anyone unless it were to train and the only move it would now is tackle and what tail whip? so it would use that move on intruders and stuff and metapod is definitely ok to have because all it knows is harden (poor metapod getting called names :( )
and since the metapod is already loyal to you when it turns into a butterfree(since it like a caterpillar)whenever you need to go to sleep it can use sleep powder on you XP.
"The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." -Mewtwo (Pokemon - The First Movie)

Offline PkMn Trainer Black

• Good Trainer
  • Everyone's changing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 24, 2011, 03:25:27 AM »
True. Same for venemoth, beautifly, and Dustox. Jigglypuff can make you fall to sleep with sing and keep you wide awake with Hyper Voice.

Eevee wise Leafeon would also be safe because:
1-it's a Plant-based Fox.
2- it doesn't really fight anyway
3- in order for it to be a major threat it would just need Quick attack and Leaf Blade.

Umbreon rises with the moon.

Water moves are only a danger with high velocity and mass.
Even if one person steales waht you deserve, your reward will be even better than the last if you head down the right path.

Showdown Username: Shining Darkness