* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: The gym leaders  (Read 6902 times)

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
The gym leaders
« on: September 26, 2011, 01:19:11 PM »
I have searched, and seen people make different suggestions on this, but this one is different. Instead of making the gyms all mono-type, why not have the gym leaders based on the developers, each one with a team of Pokemon the developers would use in the game, if they plan on playing alongside us ( that means you L5P). These leaders would be NPC's of course, but it would make for a different strategy for battles, and with the new balance system, make them engaging as well. It would be cool having to battle an NPC leader who uses Pokemon Mr_Dark would use. Just an idea.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline Hiteryan

• Music Composer
  • Administrator
  • Normal Trainer
  • Oh gawd awesoem.
    • View Profile
    • Hitey's YouTube
Re: The gym leaders
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 02:41:43 PM »
Although I see this as a pretty cool idea, it would have to be carefully implemented and probably would have to be done in a different way. Since I don't think any of us development team would use a mono type team.

Maybe it could be done like this, there are 17 gyms. For instance say the first 8 gyms were mono type. Then they would gradually evolve to multi types, so they would be more challenging because when you first hit the gym leader you don't know what to expect and what Pokémon to take with you. There would be some exceptions, for instance, the 15th gym being only dragon type, or something. But I definitely agree on having gyms with various types of Pokémon. The more further in the game, the more mixed up the types would be.
Pokémon Universe Music Composer Guy Dude Person!
Hiteryan on YouTube - Vimeo (I'm a filmmaker too!) - last.fm

Offline Shadowfred

• Gameplay Balancer/Pretty cool guy
  • PU Team
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 02:52:13 PM »
I'm pretty sure he meant we would be there instead of monotype, although I do use monotype pretty often.

I like the idea, but perhaps it should be some kind of alternate "league"? Perhaps once you've beaten the regular league you unlock the ability to go up the team? That way we can all be max level, if only to stop squabbles about encounter order (Pidgey should be the first gym leader).

Offline Viper

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • The One and Only
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 03:40:49 PM »
Hmm well Dark would have to first pick the pokemon that he uses for this to work, or rather which ones he thinks look the coolest :P

Offline Declan_23

• Quest/NPC Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2011, 06:21:35 PM »
Technically, there would be no encounter order, as you will be able to challenge the gyms in any order you please. Actually, there will be NPC versions of PU team members, hidden around the map as easter eggs, which you can both battle and talk to for amusement. The only issue I have with making team members gyms leaders, is that it would ruin the realism of the storyline, should they be included.

Offline Hiteryan

• Music Composer
  • Administrator
  • Normal Trainer
  • Oh gawd awesoem.
    • View Profile
    • Hitey's YouTube
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2011, 06:56:14 PM »
Technically, there would be no encounter order, as you will be able to challenge the gyms in any order you please. Actually, there will be NPC versions of PU team members, hidden around the map as easter eggs, which you can both battle and talk to for amusement. The only issue I have with making team members gyms leaders, is that it would ruin the realism of the storyline, should they be included.
If they're easter eggs then there's no big deal about "ruining the realism". Because they're easter eggs. They can break the 4th wall if necessary.
Pokémon Universe Music Composer Guy Dude Person!
Hiteryan on YouTube - Vimeo (I'm a filmmaker too!) - last.fm

Offline deadae

• Normal Trainer
  • Deadae is here!
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2011, 12:10:59 AM »
I think its a cool idea but y not just hunt them down and battle them for real?
 Also why not have a rechallenge on the gymleader or a round two where they have lvld to lvl 50 - 75?
Rakia(Ra-kie-ya) Deadae(D-A-day)
"I came to win, to fight, to conquer, to thrive!
I came to win, to survive, to prosper, to rise...
To fly!"

Offline Ez

• Good Trainer
  • Pikaderp
    • View Profile
    • My Banner Thread
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2011, 12:56:31 AM »
Why not make them like Red in pokemon HG SS? Have the normal gym leaders and then after the elite 4 or whatever there will be have staff npc scattered around the region in tricky to get places and all of them have strong pokes
It's over 9000!

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2011, 11:57:34 AM »

Nope, what if you want your first badge and can't/aren't able to go into the 'deeper' places where the gym leaders are?

Also Ez, that happens to be somehow the current system. There is no Elite 4, but the Brutal 5 scattered around, in tricky places, or maybe will even meet with you to battle. That latter system is not yet confirmed. And if it's like that... I would prefer having a real staff as compared to an NPC...
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline deadae

• Normal Trainer
  • Deadae is here!
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2011, 04:22:47 PM »

Nope, what if you want your first badge and can't/aren't able to go into the 'deeper' places where the gym leaders are?

Also Ez, that happens to be somehow the current system. There is no Elite 4, but the Brutal 5 scattered around, in tricky places, or maybe will even meet with you to battle. That latter system is not yet confirmed. And if it's like that... I would prefer having a real staff as compared to an NPC...
no im saying dont make gym leaders ppl u can just go find and battle
Rakia(Ra-kie-ya) Deadae(D-A-day)
"I came to win, to fight, to conquer, to thrive!
I came to win, to survive, to prosper, to rise...
To fly!"

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2011, 04:46:01 PM »
There is a problem with having the actual staff battle you. It would mean they have to be on 24/7. No one can do it. An NPC could be in place, since an NPC is available 24/7. This was just an idea on how the gym leaders should be set up, a change from the old monotype gym leaders (though I know some of the staff prefer to use mono type teams.)

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2011, 06:47:27 PM »
They don't have to. If I want to battle them, I will try to arrange some time to do so. Just like you would arrange some time with a friend to get online together to do a quest, or play together or things like that.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2011, 06:49:23 PM »
Did anyone read the first post at all? I don't want to have to repeat myself, and I have no idea how to explain it any other way, unless someone else wants to try and explain to where it makes sense.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2011, 07:02:20 PM »
Oh, for my part, I'm neither for nor against it, it might be good for a change, but not much I would like to comment upon, thus my absence until other suggestions were made. I was more or less showing how other suggestions could not work. And, unless your post concerning actual staff wasn't directed at my suggestion, I don't think I got off topic, by branching off on the idea brought about in this thread.