* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: [QUEST]Mysterious Moon Thief  (Read 6846 times)

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
[QUEST]Mysterious Moon Thief
« on: September 26, 2011, 02:51:58 PM »
I was bored, up late, and had nothing to do, but felt creative. Rough draft of course:

Desired Pokemon level: at least two 30+
Start: *read bulletin board*
Information wanted on the mysterious thefts that have been going on at night.
Please report to the sheriff station so we can resolve this quickly and return all the stolen items.
Signed,
Sheriff Smith

(From here locate the sheriff station to ask the sheriff about the notice.)
Sheriff Smith:"Welcome citizen, what brings you in town?"

Player: "I want to know about the thefts that have been happening."

Sheriff: "Oh, are you some kind of detective, kind of young don't you think? I normally would turn you down, but seeing as you have that pokeball belt, I assume you're a capable trainer. For a couple of weeks now, people have been reporting their property missing. No one has seen who has been taking them, or heard anything at all either. It happens too late at night for us. That's not the strange part, though. The thief doesn't take anything of value, mostly tools and fence posts, even bits of scrap metal from Old Man Brady's yard. I'm at my wits end here, I don't have the manpower to patrol at night since this town only has one sheriff. If you can look into this, I would try my best to find a suitable reward for you."

Player: Choice 1: "I'll do it. Where should I start looking?"
            Choice 2: "Sorry, I don't have time to help."

(From choice 1:)
Sheriff: "Appreciate it. You should talk to some of the towns folk, maybe they can give you more insight on the situation."

From the sheriff's station, look for people these three people, Old Man Brady (Found in his junk yard, a known hoarder.), Sarah, the hot tempered girl who lost her skateboard( Found by the road since she skates), and Mayor Thompson, who has had his whole fence stolen(Found in the town hall).

-Old Man Brady: "You thief, back for more 'eh? Couldn't get enough of my scrap the first time? Well, you just bought yourself a battle.

(Begin Battle)
Old Man Brady would have Garbodor ( LV30) and a couple of steel types, for a total of three Pokemon to battle. Simply beat him to calm him down.

(Upon Completion:)
"Huh, bested by a thief. I'll make you regret this, mark my words, you...."

Player: "Relax, I'm not the thief, I'm here to investigate. Sheriff Smith sent me."

Brady: "Is that right? I'm sorry, I just been all worked up since that good for nothing stole the mirrors of Betsy, the two metal rods by my parts shack, and few bits of scrap. If I find them, oh they will know the wrath from my junkyard Pokemon!"

Player: "Do you mind if I take a look around?"

Brady: " If the sheriff sent you, then of course. Just get back my lost treasures, please?

Head into Brady's junkyard, investigate the two locations he mentioned, the bits of scrap are all over, so there is no third location. On Betsy, the rusted motorcycle, you notice a pink tuft of fur attached to the front wheels exposed spoke. By the shack, you discover small footprints in the mud, not human shaped though. Exit the junkyard and find the next person.

Sarah-
"YOU!! HOW DARE YOU TAKE WHAT IS NOT YOURS!! I WILL NEVER FORGIVE YOU!!

(Begin Battle)
Sarah will use one pokemon, A Plusle. (Lv 32)

(Upon completion:)
"WAAAAAHHHHHH!!! *sniffle* You're not only a thief, you're a meanie too."

Player: "Please stop crying, the sheriff asked me to help with the case. When was your board taken?"

Sarah: " OH, ummm.... It was taken a couple days ago. I left it by the bush near my front door so I would be able to ride it, but when I woke up that morning....gone. Whoever took this will know my pain! I bet it was that stupid Jonathan, always jealous that I'm a better skater than him. GO FIND HIM AND GET MY BOARD BACK!!

Since she won't listen to reason, you agree to check it out. Find Jonathan by the skate area, a place with random metal beams for grinding. Unlike Sarah, he is more cool tempered and a bit shy.

Jonathan:
"Oh, hello.... how are you?"

Player: " Did you happen to find Sarah's board by any chance, she lost it somewhere."

Jonathan: ".........her board? No, sorry I haven't,.............. I was sleeping when It was taken."

Player: "I never said it was taken."

Jonathan: "....................."

(Begin battle)
Jonathan uses a Lv 32 Minun for this one, but he is not great at battles, and may use the wrong moves sometimes.

(Upon completion)
"I'm sorry, I took it."

Player: "Why?"

Jonathan: " Well, I'm a little nervous.......... I think she's cute, and with the thefts, I thought,........... if I just hide it so she thinks the thief took it................. I would return it and say I got it back for her. I'll go tell her the truth I guess."

Jonathan leaves to do so, now head to the mayor.

Mayor:
(not facing the player when talked to)" Young one, do you know about the legend of our town? It was said that a traveler was lost in the woods, in a place so dark, he couldn't even see the stars to catch his bearings. He sat by the trunk of a large tree, cold, alone, hopeless. Just then, he heard a loud crash, and seen a bright light erupt through the trees. It lingered for a moment before it disappeared, but it was enough for him to follow it. After hitting tree after tree, he finally came to the base of this mountain. Seeing the clear pond full of fish, and the fresh berries from the trees, he decided to make camp. He never slept so comfortably, and decided he wanted to live here forever. Taking up his axe, he chopped down many trees to build this town hall, which was his cabin at the time. Eventually, he found the neighboring town to trade with, and he would explain the beautiful clearing he found by the mountain. People flocked to that place, and like the traveler, fell in love. That is how our town came to be. Now, what brings you here?"

Player: " The sheriff said you had your entire back fence stolen, I'm here to investigate."

Mayor: "That Smith, always looking out for people. Yes, a strange case indeed, but I believe whoever took it had a good reason to. Life is full of surprises, and that is my favorite part. But if you do find out who took it, remember to say please and thank you."

Knowing that you're not going to get any further with this, you decide to check out the yard. Upon looking at one of the fence post holes, you notice bits of berries on the ground, with small bites in them. You feel it's best to present the sheriff with your findings.

Sheriff: "So, any luck?"

Player: " Well, I can say that your thief is not a person."

Sheriff: " How so?"

Player explains the footprints, tufts of fur, and berries. You also mention Jonathan's ordeal, and the sheriff cracks a small smile.

Sheriff: "What am I going to do with that boy? I'll just ground him for a few weeks. He takes after his dear old dad. Oh well, not the time to worry. I'm not sure how to interpret that evidence, but from the sounds of it, we're looking for a pink Pokemon that only comes out at night. The problem is, no Pokemon like that exists in these parts, none of them are pink. Try asking the Mayor about this, he knows more about the area than any of us, his great grandfather even founded the whole town"

Player returns to the town hall.

Mayor:" Ah, back for more stories?"

Player: " Yes, do you know of a pink Pokemon that could possibly exist here?"

Mayor: "Now there is a story. I do know the answer, but seeing as how you have those Pokemon with you, maybe we should battle first."

(Begin battle)
Mayor Thompson uses a team of four Pokemon, three of them are Clefairy(Lv30 each) and a Clefable(Lv34) He is a seasoned battler, but is not difficult.

(Upon completion.)
"Well, there you go, those are the Pokemon that exist high in the mountain. I guess the poor little things are getting homesick. It is said that Clafairy came from the moon, and got lost here by accident. Judging by the thefts, I think a Clefable is behind all this. You see, once a Clefairy evolves, it wants to so desperately go home that it sends Clefairy to find items to build a ship. These items are odd things to take, but they all have a purpose in Clefable's plan. I guess it really did need my fence after all. It used to be a part of an old Clefairy ship. My great grandfather found it when exploring in the mountain, and decided to keep these pokemon a secret from the town, and he passed the story down, until I learned it. I guess the time for secrets is over."

Return to the sheriff, and explain what happened

Sheriff: "Hmm, Clefairy huh, now it all makes sense. Well, we can do one of two things. We either go to the ship, stop Clefable and get all the property back, or we can let them go, and explain to the town that that a Clefable needed the stuff to go home."

First choice, you and the sheriff go to the ship, and battle Clefable (Lv35) while fending off Clefairy here and there. The Clefable cannot be captured. Upon defeating it, the sheriff thanks you and hands you 1000 money, five sitrus berries, and a metal coat he found on the ship, which belonged to him in the first place.

Second choice, you return to the town hall and the Mayor rewards you for letting Clefable leave with a Clefairy pokedoll for your house(if implemented) and an Ultra ball.

Either way, the quest is ended, and the player can return once a day to battle the Mayor, Sarah and Jonathan as a tag team, Sheriff Smith, and Old Man Brady.

Please provide all the feeback you can on this, and if i get enough positive feedback, or great constructive criticism, I will accept it, and make more.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 07:39:58 PM by Cortex J. »
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline Hiteryan

• Music Composer
  • Administrator
  • Normal Trainer
  • Oh gawd awesoem.
    • View Profile
    • Hitey's YouTube
Re: [QUEST]Mysterious Moon Thief
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 07:08:46 PM »
No criticism I feel like I need to add. Overall I like the idea. :)
Pokémon Universe Music Composer Guy Dude Person!
Hiteryan on YouTube - Vimeo (I'm a filmmaker too!) - last.fm

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 08:22:24 PM »
Really nice, besides some rare typos here and there.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline St. Jimmy

• Normal Trainer
  • "I'm doing stuff, Hershel. Thaanggss."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 09:30:25 PM »
I really like this. It's much better than many other quests that come in.

But this eerily reminds me of a pokemon episode, where (I'm pretty sure at least) Clefairy's starting taking random stuff from towns folk, and used it to build a spaceship that goes to the moon.  Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I'm fairly certain there is an episode like that.
sup

Offline Mr. Fox

• Good Trainer
  • The name's Fox, Mr. Fox
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Cave.
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2011, 09:39:48 PM »
wow, I like.

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2011, 10:45:10 PM »
I really like this. It's much better than many other quests that come in.

But this eerily reminds me of a pokemon episode, where (I'm pretty sure at least) Clefairy's starting taking random stuff from towns folk, and used it to build a spaceship that goes to the moon.  Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I'm fairly certain there is an episode like that.
You're right, this is based off of that episode, but I made it where no one knows who is stealing the items, and explained more on why it is a Clefable never shows up to steal, only Clefairy.  The Clefable is found in the ship by the console. I wanted to make a more in dept explanation about it, and using the episode was a good base. My theory of why clefairy is seen running around, and there being one Clefable is that Clefairy wanted to explore space, but ends up crashing on earth because they're not used to the gravity, and when one Clefairy evolves to Clefable, it wants to return home, and the Cefairies are obligated to follow it's orders so it can complete its plan. I have another idea for a quest, but it's currently in outline form, and is more of a series of quests for the whole mew thing for this game.

Offline St. Jimmy

• Normal Trainer
  • "I'm doing stuff, Hershel. Thaanggss."
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2011, 10:59:48 PM »
I can see that you went more in depth than the actual episode, and put your own spin on it.  Thougn the fact that it is based off an episode of pokemon could cause copyright problems if used in PU, which is unlikely for this reason.

Though it does show your skills as a writer, and I hope to see some 100% original work from you.
sup

zylonnick

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2011, 11:13:35 PM »
You've got some skills mate ;) keep writing, I'd love to see more of your work.

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2011, 01:05:40 AM »
I can see that you went more in depth than the actual episode, and put your own spin on it.  Thougn the fact that it is based off an episode of pokemon could cause copyright problems if used in PU, which is unlikely for this reason.

Though it does show your skills as a writer, and I hope to see some 100% original work from you.
Don't worry, I will be bringing original work. This can be called as resembled, but since it is in a new area, and runs completely different, there should be no problem with copyright. A lot of games use references from movies and shows with no problems. This would count as a reference, not a carbon copy.

EDIT: Read through it, and fixed all errors I can find. If anyone finds more, tell me where.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 08:04:48 AM by Cortex J. »

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2011, 07:18:32 PM »
Well, a quick spellcheck with Word gave this extra 'e':

Sheriff: "What am I going to do with that boy? I'll just ground him for a few weeks. He takes after his dear old dad. Oh well, not the time to worry. I'm not sure how to interpret that evidence, but from the sounds of it, we're looking for a pink Pokemon that only comes out at night. The problem is, no Pokemon like that exists in these parts, none of theme are pink. Try asking the Mayor about this, he knows more about the area than any of us, his great grandfather even founded the whole town"

But that's it. Also, I don't think there will be copyright issues on the story in anyway. Copyright would more likely be based on the names and graphics.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 07:21:43 PM by Jerry »
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2011, 07:41:39 PM »
Thanks Jerry, I fixed it. I also wrote the beginning to another quest I'm trying to get noticed. It's like a Halloween special quest.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2011, 07:45:17 PM »
Cool, I'll be looking forward to it :)