* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Poll

All in favor of letting time pass say I!

I!
3 (75%)
Eye!
0 (0%)
Aye!
0 (0%)
Que?
0 (0%)
I heard you wanted time to pass. Nope.
1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author Topic: [OOCC] Rising Legends  (Read 172807 times)

Offline Darkstar64

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • They said I could be anything, so I became a snake
    • View Profile
Re: [OOCC] Rising Legends
« Reply #60 on: October 03, 2011, 08:02:23 AM »
Okay so we are starting over? And if so, who gets to stay?

Well, that's the thing. I don't know if we're starting over. You guys are enjoying this, so you guys should keep it. I think I'll just rename it, hand it off to you, and message jerry to see if I can start a new one.

Sure, but I'm not into it. The reason I started an RP was to practice my writing skills. I can write brilliantly on a subject I'm interested in, but if I'm not into it, I get writer's block. I'm doing RP to try to develop those skills to where I won't have this problem anymore.

I'm not into it either, but in life, you may have to write about things you're not interested in. It's actually better to do so, as it increases your ability, since it is more difficult to do.

It's hard to argue against that.

Okay, at this point I've sat here for 5 minutes. I know what I want to say, but I don't know how to say it.

My point is, it's hard for me to write about something I'm not into. The RP was supposed to help with that, but instead it's making more problems for me than it is helping.

I enjoyed this story, as crazy as I made my character. That is the point of role playing. I did not intend for my intro to be the focus of the story, however people got into it and wanted to team up with my part in the story. that is great! creativity was really flowing tonight, even on your part. Sure "horror" may not be your nitch, but as long as your writing you are getting better.

Ive written everything from cutsy romance to chilling horror, its all about getting into the characters head and seeing what they would do
Pretty much what Rob said. Writers have the tough challenge of making a good story, and we have to touch all bases to become good. I used to write really dark things, and very happy things, but because I tried all genres I can, I can write under any circumstance. A little exploration in your work can help you write better.

Another 5 minutes go by, and still nothing comes...

What I'm trying to say is I'll do what I can, and branch off to what I can't do. It isn't any help if I just sit at my computer for 20 minutes, wondering what to write next.

It's not that I'm trying to get out of this, it's that I'm trying to make everyone happy, while also working on improving my writing. It's the main reason I stared to RP, and if I can't even do that, it's of no use to me.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 08:04:05 AM by Darkstar64 »

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 03, 2011, 08:05:36 AM »
You may sit there for five minutes and don't know what to say, but that is the fun about writing, trial and error. Sometimes you sit for five minutes, sometimes you think about it for days. finding the perfect thing to write may take multiple tries (like this post), but you learn, and improve for later.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline Darkstar64

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 03, 2011, 08:13:35 AM »
You may sit there for five minutes and don't know what to say, but that is the fun about writing, trial and error. Sometimes you sit for five minutes, sometimes you think about it for days. finding the perfect thing to write may take multiple tries (like this post), but you learn, and improve for later.

I don't even know how to counter that. I can't think of a single thing that would shoot it down. I need to sleep, we can talk about this more tomorrow.

Offline Mr. Fox

• Good Trainer
  • The name's Fox, Mr. Fox
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Cave.
« Reply #63 on: October 03, 2011, 08:41:29 AM »
Just one question. Because I am a Lucario, am I able to use telepathy to talk to other people?

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 03, 2011, 08:43:53 AM »
Dude, hate to say it, but darkstar is locking the RP until further notice.

Offline Mr. Fox

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Cave.
« Reply #65 on: October 03, 2011, 09:48:53 AM »
noticed that. :'(

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 03, 2011, 09:54:27 AM »
and it was getting really interesting too.

Offline Robbase231

• Beginning Trainer
  • My reaction to life
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 03, 2011, 10:09:00 AM »
noticed that. :'(

agreed on that, I am fresh into this site thanks to Cortex and just started to pick up steam. Trust me, I once did 30,000 words in one week on a pokemon fanfic

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 03, 2011, 01:01:37 PM »
Also, Meowth, the username was used for the approval part. The way profiles are accepted are:
- Member sends profile to founder by PM.
- Founder posts the profile to show that it was accepted.
- If profile not accepted, the founder replies back to the member as to why the profile wasn't accepted.

Since it is the founder who posts in the profile page, the members won't necessarily know who is the member who have such and such profile.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Darkstar64

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 03, 2011, 01:31:15 PM »
Just one question. Because I am a Lucario, am I able to use telepathy to talk to other people?

I'd have to say no on that one. I'm not sure Lucario really has telepathy.

and it was getting really interesting too.
I'm not into it either, but in life, you may have to write about things you're not interested in. It's actually better to do so, as it increases your ability, since it is more difficult to do.

You're 2 posts are conflicting.

The point I'm trying to make here is that I'm not getting better by sitting in front of my computer screen, waiting for nothing to come. I'm trying to build up to not doing that. It's like you don't do Calculus on your first day of school, you start out with easy stuff, and build your way up to it. That's what I'm trying to do. So my writing doesn't sound as crappy as it does right now.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 03, 2011, 01:53:15 PM »
Also, I don't really agree that one "may have to write things" one's "not interested in". There is always the option to pick something more appealing. But if one does get into such a situation, I think that this one person chose the wrong job!
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Aquashin

• Normal Trainer
  • Being a Airhead its a Bliss...what's a bliss?..
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 03, 2011, 02:42:53 PM »
Wait, here is a idea, for us that are enjoying it let it keep going, you make another RP and ask any of us that you would like to copy there profiles to the new one, I am sure they will.

Yeah, but I won't be able to start another until next month.

Darkstar, if you want, i can try to start a rp, with the same things as you had in the start, then hand it to you while i participate, that way you can decide what to do in it what you think?

just saying this because you said you couldnt start another rp until next month
Im a girl, not a guy... and pleasse call me Aqua , a Pachirisu lover^^

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 03, 2011, 04:10:49 PM »
Well, I guess I can't argue. I got a chance to be creative, and now I can finish that one quest I've been trying to finish. Darkstar, thanks for at least making the RP.

Offline Mr. Fox

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Cave.
« Reply #73 on: October 03, 2011, 10:33:45 PM »

I'd have to say no on that one. I'm not sure Lucario really has telepathy.
I was thinking of the Lucario in The Mystery of Mew.

Offline Aquashin

• Normal Trainer
  • Being a Airhead its a Bliss...what's a bliss?..
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 03, 2011, 10:34:28 PM »
i think he can, since he can use Psychic
Im a girl, not a guy... and pleasse call me Aqua , a Pachirisu lover^^