* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Poll

All in favor of letting time pass say I!

I!
3 (75%)
Eye!
0 (0%)
Aye!
0 (0%)
Que?
0 (0%)
I heard you wanted time to pass. Nope.
1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author Topic: [OOCC] Rising Legends  (Read 172828 times)

Offline Robbase231

• Beginning Trainer
  • My reaction to life
    • View Profile
Re: [OOCC] Rising Legends
« Reply #540 on: October 24, 2011, 08:44:19 AM »
Well, obviously it's caused by one member only, and I don't think that it's worth leaving an RP because of one single player.

Things that can be done:
- Convince that member to edit.
- Boot the member from the RP.
- Or other solution proposed by founder.

I've been having a few mixed feelings about this R.P for a while, this was a last straw for me though. I agree kicking O.P'ers like Fox would be a start, but I don't want to invest time in an R.P that isn't going to last. One single player can ruin an R.P though. Being informed by my friend that I HAD to R.P RIGHT then because someone was being a jerk and walking all over my character when I wasn't looking was enough to turn me off to the R.P entirely.

As far as I'm concerned, if Fox stays, I'm gone

(Props to Lugiafan, always love it when people own their errors and learn from them, it shows they are mature and respectable)

Offline NexosYourGayBestFriend96

• Normal Trainer
  • Reality's Exit . . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: October 24, 2011, 01:15:56 PM »
Well, it looks like even if one more person voted it woulden't make a difference now. Looks like we need to reset the RP.
. . .

Offline Darkstar64

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • They said I could be anything, so I became a snake
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: October 24, 2011, 04:09:12 PM »
Alright, I'll change the rules. Since there's no chance of another option winning, I'll put up my new poll.

Edit: Check the Front page of the RP soon. I won't be able to do a lot right now, but I will after school.

Offline Aquashin

• Normal Trainer
  • Being a Airhead its a Bliss...what's a bliss?..
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: October 24, 2011, 04:20:53 PM »
Sinnoh for me
Im a girl, not a guy... and pleasse call me Aqua , a Pachirisu lover^^

Offline Darkstar64

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: October 24, 2011, 04:27:58 PM »
I thought Orre might be a cool change of pace.

So I've looked through the RP page and the Profiles page, and the only thing I could think to do was add a rule about OPing.

Well, obviously it's caused by one member only, and I don't think that it's worth leaving an RP because of one single player.

Things that can be done:

I've been having a few mixed feelings about this R.P for a while, this was a last straw for me though. I agree kicking O.P'ers like Fox would be a start, but I don't want to invest time in an R.P that isn't going to last. One single player can ruin an R.P though. Being informed by my friend that I HAD to R.P RIGHT then because someone was being a jerk and walking all over my character when I wasn't looking was enough to turn me off to the R.P entirely.

(Props to Lugiafan, always love it when people own their errors and learn from them, it shows they are mature and respectable)

I understand where you're coming from, and I don't blame you. I don't really want to see you leave, but I don't really want to kick out Fox either. Hard decision to make...

But also, like I said FOR THE 3RD TIME, OPing happens, you just have to spot it out when it does. Just because it happens doesn't mean the story is ruined, you just have to fix it.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: October 24, 2011, 04:32:28 PM »
Seems you're able to take it on your own? I'll just have a peek now and then. I'm getting myself involved in a huge huge RP :o
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Aquashin

• Normal Trainer
  • Being a Airhead its a Bliss...what's a bliss?..
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: October 24, 2011, 04:46:38 PM »
i never played Pokemon DX, thats why im not confortable with it...
Im a girl, not a guy... and pleasse call me Aqua , a Pachirisu lover^^

Offline Darkstar64

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: October 24, 2011, 05:09:58 PM »
Seems you're able to take it on your own? I'll just have a peek now and then. I'm getting myself involved in a huge huge RP :o

What Huge Huge RP?

i never played Pokemon DX, thats why im not confortable with it...

That's fine. If it does get chosen, I'll post a map up for it.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: October 24, 2011, 05:11:39 PM »
It's on deviant art, I'm late and missed some events, but better late than never for me XD

I just hope my vectors will be enough lol.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Robbase231

• Beginning Trainer
  • My reaction to life
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: October 24, 2011, 05:14:38 PM »
I thought Orre might be a cool change of pace.

So I've looked through the RP page and the Profiles page, and the only thing I could think to do was add a rule about OPing.

Things that can be done:

I understand where you're coming from, and I don't blame you. I don't really want to see you leave, but I don't really want to kick out Fox either. Hard decision to make...

But also, like I said FOR THE 3RD TIME, OPing happens, you just have to spot it out when it does. Just because it happens doesn't mean the story is ruined, you just have to fix it.

There is a drastic difference than a new player who doesn't know the rules (I'll role with it there, let them get used to it) and a seasoned poster like Fox who just disregards the rules for the heck of it. You cannot tell me a guy with four or five stars DOESN'T know that OPing is wrong. I agree, it needs to be fixed, but pruning the weed only does so much, you need to take it out by the root. Its not only me pointing out Fox as well, its obvious what needs to happen.

there is a saying "Do the same thing, get the same result" and the second one "Crazy is doing something over and over and expecting a different result"

You can restart the R.P, let everyone who was here including fox in, and have the same end result because nothing was really fixed in the first place.

Look your a nice guy, and I like your R.P's for the most part, but there needs to be more of a filter on who is allowed in, and people who are NOT going to change should be included in that.

Really look at the situation, heck I could even see ME who is the problem to the R.P, given it died shortly after I joined twice now, what ever your conclusion act upon it so that the other R.P'ers can have a good time. You know my stance about fox, I wont be mad at you or anything if you let him in, I just wont join.

Offline deadae

• Normal Trainer
  • Deadae is here!
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #550 on: October 24, 2011, 06:27:32 PM »
fox is my friend but rules are rules ...so if hes gotta go hes gotta go maybe that should be the next pole kick fox or keep fox lol sry fox but no one wants u here man...
Rakia(Ra-kie-ya) Deadae(D-A-day)
"I came to win, to fight, to conquer, to thrive!
I came to win, to survive, to prosper, to rise...
To fly!"

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: October 24, 2011, 06:53:41 PM »
I like the Orre Region, it has a lot of exploring capabilities, though there are no known gyms in either of the games it was used in. Though if this region is used, I think some people might try to have shadow pokemon in the RP, and though they are cool, having to research those moves and effects can be a little annoying, especiall since XD (yes, its XD) has more shadow moves in the game, like a weather one. So if we do Orre, can we just leave the shadow pokemon out. Remember, in that region, it's mostly a dessert, and you have to travel via hover vehicle to get from one place to the next, there are only 3 places where you can catch wild pokemon, and 3 tournament areas. But Orre is still awesome.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline deadae

• Normal Trainer
  • Deadae is here!
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #552 on: October 24, 2011, 07:05:13 PM »
wtf is orre
never seen sinnoh or unova
Rakia(Ra-kie-ya) Deadae(D-A-day)
"I came to win, to fight, to conquer, to thrive!
I came to win, to survive, to prosper, to rise...
To fly!"

Offline zorocario

• Normal Trainer
  • then i grow up, ima take over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: October 24, 2011, 07:11:18 PM »
Unova is the black and white religon right guys
and what is Orre religon never heard of it

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: October 24, 2011, 07:25:46 PM »
Look up pokemon Colosseum or pokemon XD gale of darkness on Bulbapedia. It's the one region that doesn't have a pokemon league, and the point of the story was to stop shadow pokemon.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword