* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Poll

All in favor of letting time pass say I!

I!
3 (75%)
Eye!
0 (0%)
Aye!
0 (0%)
Que?
0 (0%)
I heard you wanted time to pass. Nope.
1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author Topic: [OOCC] Rising Legends  (Read 172873 times)

Offline NexosYourGayBestFriend96

• Normal Trainer
  • Reality's Exit . . .
    • View Profile
Re: [OOCC] Rising Legends
« Reply #585 on: October 25, 2011, 10:03:27 PM »
Yeah, I'd happily accept your profile if you join! The more the merrier!  ;D
. . .

Offline Robbase231

• Beginning Trainer
  • My reaction to life
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: October 26, 2011, 02:12:04 AM »
Yeah, I'd happily accept your profile if you join! The more the merrier!  ;D

I checked it out and posted a few questions if your interested

As for this R.P, it appears Athromorphs are out of the question unless Darkstar doesn't see a problem with it

hmmm....Well I guess legend is always an option (though I don't know of any emotionally disturbed ones), or a seasoned super well trained pokemon who lost its trainer and is out for revenge... I'll think of something

Offline Darkstar64

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • They said I could be anything, so I became a snake
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: October 26, 2011, 06:38:42 AM »
Anthropomorphic pokemon...Can't ever be normal huh? I guess I'll allow it. But only cuz you're a friend.

BUT YOU CAN'T BE AN UMBRE-MON!!

Plus, we've heard of people becoming pokemon before. Anyone remember that guy who lived behind the Lake of Rage? If you talk to him in the original Gold and Silver, he says he's becoming a pokemon.

Offline Robbase231

• Beginning Trainer
  • My reaction to life
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: October 26, 2011, 06:44:09 AM »
Anthropomorphic pokemon...Can't ever be normal huh? I guess I'll allow it. But only cuz you're a friend.

BUT YOU CAN'T BE AN UMBRE-MON!!

Plus, we've heard of people becoming pokemon before. Anyone remember that guy who lived behind the Lake of Rage? If you talk to him in the original Gold and Silver, he says he's becoming a pokemon.

Cooooool, I was wondering how you would take that, if thats the case I want to post another profile along with Mew and Mewtwo. To answer the question in the Profiles, Yes I do plan on being both characters, since they are going to be together all the time there can be good banter between them

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: October 26, 2011, 06:55:13 AM »
Hey, can we start this RP around next monday, meowth won't be on until then
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline Darkstar64

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: October 26, 2011, 07:01:46 AM »
That's fine, I'll probably be busy until then.

Playing Kirby's Return to Dreamland and whatnot...

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: October 26, 2011, 07:03:38 AM »
ok, cool.

Offline Darkstar64

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: October 27, 2011, 04:58:03 AM »
(Awkward silence...)

So I was wondering.

Should we have an evil organization in the game? If so, which one? I think that we should, but keep it's activity low. I didn't do a very good job of limiting Team Rocket's activity, mostly because my character was out to seek revenge, and because we had two members who were in Team Rocket. But after I change my profile, I can manage it better.

I was also wondering what happened to Fox, because I know he's still active, but he hasn't posted anything here for a while. I'm thinking he probably just left already like Rob wanted...

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: October 27, 2011, 05:53:32 AM »
How about we don't touch team rocket and have a new evil organization, because we can safely assume that all the other organizations are long gone. Team rocket doesn't make an appearance in Orre at all, there is Cypher, but cypher doesn't appear in Kanto. So there should be a new organization that is based in both, one that can be fun to play as, just no being able to call armies, or abtain anything special unless the one who runs it allows it, after being allowed by you darkstar. How I see it working, one person designs the organization, someone playing as a member asks them for something, the "leader" asks darkstar if it's ok to grant the request, but only for requests that are ridiculously huge, like that whole army thing, or a powerful new weapon. Since it is your RP Darkstar, you should be able to say what can and can't be allowed.

Offline Robbase231

• Beginning Trainer
  • My reaction to life
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: October 27, 2011, 05:56:48 AM »
(Awkward silence...)

So I was wondering.

Should we have an evil organization in the game? If so, which one? I think that we should, but keep it's activity low. I didn't do a very good job of limiting Team Rocket's activity, mostly because my character was out to seek revenge, and because we had two members who were in Team Rocket. But after I change my profile, I can manage it better

I think in moderation an evil organization can be an interesting addition to the R.P. If you want an R.P focused on Defeating them, make the organization vary powerful, enough that you would have to flee from it and position yourself strategically to win. If the focus is the evil organization people should be able to join.

If they are just there for color and spice, then only you should control them and be able to regulate when they act, if a player is a member it will inevitably become the focus since people will want to respond to that persons action.

What ever element you add too the world will be interacted with by the players. In the last two renditions of the R.P the vary first thing introduced to it was Team Rocket. Because of that, people responded to the only active part of the world, their was no real variety they could choose from. Most people want to be where the action is.

My suggestion is starting with a Pokemon League. This way Trainers who are experienced can put in their profile that they are in the League and when the R.P starts they can introduce their Pokemon in a traditional battle with one another and move up the ranks. People who want to be starter trainers or others can be in the stands or on a TV watching the fights.

Offline Darkstar64

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: October 27, 2011, 06:20:12 AM »
I actually have a good idea of how I want to run things like Gyms in Orre. It'll be like my own version of the pokemon league.

And I think it might be time for another poll...

1) Only Darkstar controls evil organization, no other E.O.'s

2) Same as above, have smaller E.O.'s as well

3)E.O.'s that people can join

4) No E.O.'s at all

(E.O.'s=Evil Organizations)

I'm thinking that either I control one main Evil organization that no one can join, I control the evil organization and people CAN join, we have SMALL EVIL ORGANIZATIONS that people can make and join, but cannot become big like any of the evil Team (Blank), or we have none at all. Let me know if there should be any other options.

Offline Robbase231

• Beginning Trainer
  • My reaction to life
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: October 27, 2011, 06:35:37 AM »
I actually have a good idea of how I want to run things like Gyms in Orre. It'll be like my own version of the pokemon league.

And I think it might be time for another poll...

1) Only Darkstar controls evil organization, no other E.O.'s

2) Same as above, have smaller E.O.'s as well

3)E.O.'s that people can join

4) No E.O.'s at all

(E.O.'s=Evil Organizations)

I'm thinking that either I control one main Evil organization that no one can join, I control the evil organization and people CAN join, we have SMALL EVIL ORGANIZATIONS that people can make and join, but cannot become big like any of the evil Team (Blank), or we have none at all. Let me know if there should be any other options.

Judging from the last two R.P's, we want the main powerful organization (if there are any) to be controlled and regulated by you (talking to Darkstar here), if a player joins that organization you would have the power to demote or promote them for obedience, and kick them out and/or execute the character for going against the E.O's plans

if you want it focused on evil organizations, then allow the minor E.O's in, but once again make sure that your story allows for the human element regardless

Offline deadae

• Normal Trainer
  • Deadae is here!
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #597 on: October 27, 2011, 03:11:52 PM »
hmm maybe this time i'll play my character as darkstars left hand man who wants t6o be his right hand man really bad...mmm maybe idk yet
Rakia(Ra-kie-ya) Deadae(D-A-day)
"I came to win, to fight, to conquer, to thrive!
I came to win, to survive, to prosper, to rise...
To fly!"

Offline Robbase231

• Beginning Trainer
  • My reaction to life
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: October 27, 2011, 07:23:04 PM »
hmm maybe this time i'll play my character as darkstars left hand man who wants t6o be his right hand man really bad...mmm maybe idk yet

What would a right hand man do to make a left handed man jealous? Aren't they both Darkstar's hands in the end?

Offline Darkstar64

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: October 27, 2011, 09:44:36 PM »
Yes, but sometimes my left hand becomes jealous of my right hand because I don't use the former as much. I am Right-handed after all. =P

In all seriousness, what would happen is I would play as my own character, while also controlling the evil organizations actions. I won't personally play as the evil organization, I'll just control it. What do you think, think it'll work out well?