* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Hyper Zombie Timecops!  (Read 7357 times)

Offline Level5Pidgey

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • Use Gust!
    • View Profile
    • Pidgey's Philosophical Game Design
Re: Hyper Zombie Timecops!
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2011, 04:38:15 AM »
John remembered he wasn't alone in the bed however, he yelped as he discovered the zombie perched on top of him - and narrowly avoided the ex-woman's grasp as he pushed her off the bed.
He caught a glimpse of her bloodstained face as she fell back against his floor - it was his date from two nights ago... or.. last night?
"When am I?"

---

John walked through his front door, slamming it behind him.
This alerted several walkers nearby - who began to shamble after John as he trudged towards the source of the lights.

---

John woke - to hear clawing at the shop's door... looking out the window - he saw at least thirty zombies all gathered around the shop.
He walked down the stairs to the first floor to investigate.

Cautiously, he rounded the store - peering down each aisle. No zombies appeared to break in.
Nearing the door, he could hear the sounds of chewing, and flesh tearing.
It looked like someone had tried to get in - an older man who looked like he had an army uniform on.

He was just a few steps from the door - and on closer inspection, had a bullet in his head.
Poor thing.

Enough of that - John was in a store full of potentially useful resources - and with only more ghouls being attracted by the fresh course, he may need to escape soon.
Finding the store's cleaning closet - he knew just what to look for.
He retrieved a steel handled mop - and pulled off the head, securing his kitchen knife within the handle with putty and tape.

Testing it out, however - he felt that while the reach would be useful if he was skewering an unsuspecting fish, it would be useless in close quarters combat, if a ghoul were to get closer than the length of the handle - John would be defenceless.
For this reason, he broke the handle with a hammer - making the weapon just longer than his arm.

This way it could be used for slashing and be used in close quarters without balance problems - while still fulfilling the original desire of having a little more reach.

As John went to grab a bag of chips to top up his stomache, he heard commotion coming from up the road.
Climbing the stairs - he tried to find an onlooking window.

---

John staggered out of the house - gazing upwards, there were lights in the sky. They were different to the ones earlier though - they were more directed, more ominous.
Disoriented as he looked back down to the ground, John headed left. THe best place to be right now would be the little corner shop down the street. Hopefully no-one else had already thought of the plan before him.

Clutching his Meat Cleaver and putting on his shades, John walked down the street.
He worked up to a jog as he noticed the small pack of undead forming behind him - but he had energy to spare.
Easily besting the zombie's walkspeed, he continued to jog - until his toe clipped a crack in the pavement - and he fell face first to the ground.

---

John watched, as a man fell to the ground, and a small horde gathered around him.
Just as he started to look away however, a brilliant light eminating from the center of the group caught his eye.

John looked on, as a strange sphere of light encapsulated the pack. (3/20 Unhatched Chickens Uncounted)

---

John's health: 85/100.

John gained the trait 'Crafty'!

John gained +1 Penchant for Non-Generalisation! (3/20 Unhatched Chickens Uncounted)
John gained +25 exp!

John still Has:
   - Kitchen Knife
   - Brain-Splattered Frying Pan (+1 Int)
   - TV Remote
   - Bright Raincoat
   - Hilarious Shirt
   - Denim Jeans (+1 Bite Resist)
   - Self-Referential Video Game

John is Full! 210/250.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 04:40:46 AM by Level5Pidgey »
Read my Game Design Blog!

And that one, lone, distressed flying Krabby went on to become the most powerful being in the Universe.

Offline Mr. Fox

• Good Trainer
  • The name's Fox, Mr. Fox
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Cave.
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2011, 11:30:21 AM »
keep it coming!

Offline genbor

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • If you die, don't come crying to me about it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2011, 01:59:34 PM »
 Sounds like it would make quite a popular mock-horror video game. I want to know what happens next :D
It's ghost dammit, GHOST!

Offline Declan_23

• Quest/NPC Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2011, 09:23:16 PM »
Yet another great installment. I'm just kinda confused over the two Johns.

Offline genbor

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • If you die, don't come crying to me about it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2011, 09:29:06 PM »
I think that's the time loop in it... it seems weird though. Seems more like an alternate universe intertwined with the main John's Universe.
It's ghost dammit, GHOST!